Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Andre Carter said to be signing today - 98.5

I'll try to get some info on it and post it.

ESPN says he was in for a workout yesterday. 98.5 just said ESPN is reporting it, but I can't find it.

Passing downs DT that can put some pressure on...
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-22-2013 at 11:05 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Here it is

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/2...with-patriots/
    BOSTON (CBS) — The Patriots need some help on the defensive line, and they’re looking to an old friend to provide it.

According to ESPN’s Josina Anderson, the Patriots will sign defensive end Andre Carter on Tuesday.

Carter, 34, turned in a terrific season for the Patriots in 2011. He recorded 10 sacks and 52 tackles that year before his season was ended in Week 15 with a torn quadriceps.

His name was bandied about prior to the 2012 season, but he ended up signing with the Oakland Raiders after the season began. He had just 2.5 sacks in 12 games last year.

He was re-signed by the Raiders to a one-year deal but was released before the season began.

As a team, the Patriots rank 16th in the league with 18 sacks. With season-ending injuries to Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo, a veteran presence like Carter’s was likely an influence in the team calling upon him to return.

Carter has 12 years of NFL experience, playing in 175 of a possible 192 games prior to this season.
    I'm excited to have him back! I liked him
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 0.00Pts: 0.0 Reb: 0.0 Blk: 0.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Good move if its true. Gives us a good veteran presence on that line that knows the system.

vCash
    I thought he was on the Raiders?

CBS, NBC, NFL networks are reporting it.

vCash

I like the signing! At least they are doing something, this team still needs alot more thou, because of all of our injuries.

I would like to see if we can get a DT and a WR, especially since the rumor of the jets pursuing josh gordan, and they might have the best offer on. The table for him as of now
    Last edited by JerseyBrave; 10-22-2013 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    Patriots signed DE Andre Carter.
    Carter, 34, will add to a veteran presence to a Patriots defense that lost Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo to season-ending injuries. He should see playing time as a rotational pass rusher in sub-packages if active this week. Carter appeared washed up after he was cut by the Raiders during the preseason. He had 10 sacks in 14 games with New England in 2011.
    -Rotoworld
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    53-35-1

vCash
    Now a cover linebacker is the next priority. Even another DT. WR is a need, but i really dont think its as pressing as a cover LB or DT depth..
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 0.00Pts: 0.0 Reb: 0.0 Blk: 0.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Hightower and Nink were exposed vs the Jets. Let's hope it was a one game thing.

Also the Pats have to disguise the D better than just standing there and getting looked over like a rich John looks over a high tone gaggle of ladies of the evening.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Carter should take Buchanons place at DE on passing downs, who IMO has played pretty poorly. Seems to do the same move every time, and gets pushed outside, past the QB too easily.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

vCash
    Reiss has highlighted some times where Buchanan losing contain on his rush has cost us big time in our 2 losses. Hopefully Carter can seize that role. At the very least I think he brings better football knowledge and assignment responsibility than a rookie. Even if he doesn't do much more than that it isn't like Buchanan is lighting the world on fire either. Not sure this will help the pass rush at this stage of Carter's career but I feel better about things like containing the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Hightower and Nink were exposed vs the Jets. Let's hope it was a one game thing.

Also the Pats have to disguise the D better than just standing there and getting looked over like a rich John looks over a high tone gaggle of ladies of the evening.
    Absolutely. I actually thought losing Mayo wouldn't be a huge deal, at least not as big as losing Talib, or Kelly / Wilfork. I might have been wrong..

vCash
    Let's hope he has some 2011 left in him
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko · 1h

#Patriots are 9-2 and their second highest paid player this season is Aaron Hernandez. Let that sink in.

vCash
    Seriously, I think this is us kicking the tires again on him.....the edge that he has knowledge of the system...since he left in 2012 I haven't heard or see much of him but for the raiders to cut you..uhhhh

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan