Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Gordon Hayward to recieve max contract from Utah

Gordon Hayward and the Utah Jazz are expected to agree to an extension before the Oct. 31 deadline.

Hayward's deal is likely to be more lucrative than the four-year, $49 million extension teammate Derrick Favors signed last week.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...42278682099712
    My god. I like Hayward a lot but a max contract? I see him more like a glue guy than a star. He plays with a lot of energy, plays good defense and can shoot the ball and pass well but I don't know about giving him a max contract. I bet his agent is using the Batum deal as a factor in negotiations though.

I saw him as a rich man's Jared Dudley. I wonder how much Chandler Parsons will be demanding when he hits FA. Is Hayward that much better than Parsons?

vCash
    I don't watch the jazz but when I do, he looks like an average forward. His defense is marginal and his offense is marginal. Bad teams giving out bad contracts. They only hurt the their fanbase with mediocre games.

vCash
    Not good if true.

DeRozan's contract is actually looking good after the contracts that have been handed out lately.

vCash
    The NBA passes out max contracts like candy now. I remember when only top 15 or so would earn max contracts, now it seems as if any productive player with potential gets a max.

vCash
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...haywago01.html

Average at best. Hopefully I don't get all these jazz fans upset.

vCash
    WTF that's terrible, I think of him as a 7-9 per year kinda guy.

vCash
    That is really weird. I can't remember one significant thing he's done. Favors at least has the physical tools to be a star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    That is really weird. I can't remember one significant thing he's done. Favors at least has the physical tools to be a star.
    Delonte West Wet willie ........

vCash
    Watch he averages like 8 pts a game over the course of his contract and the GM & owner start *****ing to renegotiate another CBA. Stupid. Just stupid wasteful spending.

vCash
    I would have thought the Jazz would see the living proof on their own team in Marvin Williams, what happens from overpaying mediocre players.... and Marvin had better years than Hayward has, and even he didn't get a max.

vCash
    Where does it say he's getting a max contract?
    don't let it go to your head big fella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b_russ View Post
    Where does it say he's getting a max contract?
    Yeah I didn't see anything about a Max either, it just says it's rumored to be more than Favors 4 years 49 mil. Which means it's still in the 13+ Million per year range if true. It's def strange to imagine him getting 13-15 per. He's good, not great.

vCash
    Yeah, I haven't seen any talk about a max anywhere. The money is surprising, but there's a decent amount of room between Favors' $49m and the ~$61m to $65m that would be Hayward's 4-year max. Not to mention that the way these things are often reported, 'richer' could just mean more total money but over 5 years.

vCash
    Overpaid
    Bringing her back!!!

vCash
    It doesn't say max. Its more lucrative than Favour's contract. For all the it could mean 50 Million over 5 (i think thats the max number of years) years.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast