Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Merriweather Suspended

Just saw where he is fined and suspended 2 games.......guess who becomes our starter now?.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Madieu williams

vCash
    Reed?

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Isn't Reed already starting

vCash
    The NFL has come down hard on Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather, suspending him two games for his repeated violations for late hits.

The two hits that pushed this repeat offender over the clip were as follows:

First, Meriweather was flagged for unnecessary roughness in the third quarter of Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears for a helmet-to-helmet hit on a defenseless receiver.

Later, in the fourth quarter, he was penalized again for a forcible hit to the head and neck area of a defenseless receiver.

After the game, Meriweather joked with media members about a looming fine. Instead, he'll miss two games for his actions.

Meriweather previously received a $42,000 fine for his hit on Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy in Week 2, using the crown of the helmet to a runner who was outside the tackle box.

The suspension was handed down by the league's vice president of football operations, Merton Hanks. Meriweather, who is not allowed to practice during the suspension, will miss games against the Denver Broncos and San Diego Chargers in Weeks 8 and 9.

Meriweather may appeal the decision within three days and receive an expedited hearing prior to the Broncos game. That hearing will be heard by either Matt Birk or Ted Cottrell, the officers jointly appointed and compensated by the NFL and NFLPA to decide appeals of on-field player discipline.

Meriweather otherwise would be reinstated on Nov. 4.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Doughty is going to have to pass the concussion tests this week if he is going to be able to play on Sunday in Denver. If he can't then this team is in serious trouble because it will be facing Peyton Manning with two backup safties. I would say Doughty would start if healthy obviously at one of the positions but the other I'm not sure about. Maybe they give Rambo another shot after struggling early in the season. Other than him we are looking at Trenton Robinson.

The thing I don't get about this suspension is how Merriweather gets suspended for his hits, when one shouldn't have even been called a penalty. Meanwhile, Suh in Detroit can keep taking dirty shots on players and only get fined by the NFL. Shocker, the week Brandon gets suspended is the week we play Manning. Conspiracy? haha

vCash
    It wasn't just the hit in the end zone and the "defenseless receiver" hit which was complete trash, it's his whole style of playing. I don't think i've ever seen him wrap a receiver, he just goes for the knockout punch, and it costs us penalties and big plays and now suspensions. He's LaRon Landry 2.0, we need to replace him in the offseason.
    Last edited by IHateTheSkins; 10-21-2013 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    It wasn't just the hit in the end zone and the "defenseless receiver" hit which was complete trash, it's his whole style of playing. I don't think i've ever seen him wrap a receiver, he just goes for the knockout punch, and it costs us penalties and big plays and now suspensions. We need to replace him in the offseason.
    Seeing as though the $18 million cap penalty will finally be lifted in the offseason I would expect a number of players on that side of the ball to be replaced, along with at least 2-3 members of our O-Line.

The thing is though, while the hit in the endzone might have been an illegal hit, I feel like half the "defenseless receiver" penalties I see are just BIG HITS rather than illegal hits. Look at the other penalty that Orakpo got early in the game with a perfectly legal hit. Hit below the QB's head, did not lead with his helmet, did not "launch" himself, did not hit the QB late, BUT it was a really hard hit so they threw a flag. The same with the Merriweather hit on Jeffrey. I felt like he caught the ball, took two steps, then got hit by Merriweather who was running full speed the other way and drilled him in the chest/shoulder area. Nothing illegal about it, but because it was a big hit it was flagged. I understand protecting players and wanting guys to be safe and all, but at the same time this is football and getting hit is part of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TChef02 View Post
    Seeing as though the $18 million cap penalty will finally be lifted in the offseason I would expect a number of players on that side of the ball to be replaced, along with at least 2-3 members of our O-Line.

The thing is though, while the hit in the endzone might have been an illegal hit, I feel like half the "defenseless receiver" penalties I see are just BIG HITS rather than illegal hits. Look at the other penalty that Orakpo got early in the game with a perfectly legal hit. Hit below the QB's head, did not lead with his helmet, did not "launch" himself, did not hit the QB late, BUT it was a really hard hit so they threw a flag. The same with the Merriweather hit on Jeffrey. I felt like he caught the ball, took two steps, then got hit by Merriweather who was running full speed the other way and drilled him in the chest/shoulder area. Nothing illegal about it, but because it was a big hit it was flagged. I understand protecting players and wanting guys to be safe and all, but at the same time this is football and getting hit is part of the game.
    Completely agree. Everytime you can hear the defender hit the receiver there's a flood of yellow on the field. Sometimes the refs don't even watch the play they just listen to it, it's pathetic. Someone posted a GIF of the Jeffrey hit on the main board to try to make me look bad for saying it was a good hit, and all it did was give me a better view of why it was a completely legal and solid hit. Didn't leave his feet, no launching. Led with his shoulder, hit Jeffrey in the chest. Jeffrey too two steps, had secured the ball, and even looked over and saw Meriweather coming, yet a flag was still thrown for defenseless receiver. Terrible, terrible call. That being said, Meriweather does make plenty of stupid and dangerous hits that the team has to suffer for, and I just don't like him as a player.

vCash
    Anyone that says he doesn't deserve to get suspended is out of their mind. He leads with his helmet every single time he goes for a tackle. The intent is there and he hasn't shown any signs of changing.

vCash
    Would like to see Gumbs get some hardcore playing time. Looked good in preseason and can bring the boom stick.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TChef02 View Post

Orakpo just got fined for that one... SMH lets just put skirts on them all since that's what the NFL wants

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!