Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Week 8: Cleveland Browns @ Kansas City Chiefs

1:00 pm est

vCash
    Brandon Weeden - QB - Browns
    Updating an earlier item, the Browns have yet to decide on their Week 8 quarterback.
    The word comes straight from the team. CBS' Jason La Canfora reported earlier Monday that they were sticking with Brandon Weeden. It's quite possible that will remain the case, but the Browns are wisely opting against immediately announcing Weeden will get another chance. Weeden was Tyler Palko-level bad against a Packers defense riddled with backups on Sunday. However, backup Jason Campbell was similarly inept for the Bears in 2012. We'd guess Weeden ultimately gets one more start.
    Roto

vCash
    Yeah I just assumed Brandon Weeden would start again. Feel like he keeps getting more chances and keeps failing. I think I speak for all Browns fans when I say we're tired of waiting. We want to win now and Weeden isn't going to get it done.

But hey it's going to be okay we're giving a tryout to Vince Young. I think he can actually do worse than Weeden.

vCash
    Hearing mixed things about VY. Grossi has said that is totally false, but i would put Grossi in the lower portion of reliable sources with the Browns these days.

vCash
    VY will not be coming to Cleveland for a workout. It makes no sense to waste the time with him. He is not smart enough to make a difference right away as Otto had said. Campbell will get the nod eventually, if not this week, then next. On a Panthers affiliate station, they talked about Newton today as possibly being the best QB the Panthers have ever had. It is funny because when they were 1-3 they were saying that they wanted his head. It just goes to show you that we are not the only team that changes our minds quickly. If Weeden comes out and wins us the next two games, we may change our minds.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    From what I am hearing, Weeden will get the start this Sunday in KC (sadly will be there as the only game I can go to close to me) and it will be a very short leash with him so if he starts out like he did in GB which is probably going to happen with KC's D then he will get pulled for Campbell.

The Browns are in a no-win situation (unless you see losing for draft position already a win-situation) right now with the QB position as BW and Campbell just are not good but there is nobody out there really worth signing and the possible backup trades they could make for a QB at this time will probably be over-valued due to the market for QB's at this time.

Understand this, 9 new QB's will be starting this week for teams. That is crazy and just shows how 1/3 of the league has no clue what to do about the QB position especially with the injuries now.

vCash
    I think the Browns D will win it 19-17.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    I think the Browns D will win it 19-17.
    I wish I had some of the confidence you did. BW will have a very hard time moving the ball on KC's top defense when he couldn't even move it against GB's ravaged by injury defense. Hali, Poe, & Houston are going to make BW's life misreable IMO and I would not be surprised to see KC line up Jamaal Charles in open space against Craig Robertson every chance they get after seeing what Bush did to the D. The Front Four is really going to have to step up and get after Smith if they even want to make this close this weekend as the Browns offense I just can't see them scoring more than 10 pts against KC's defense at least on paper.

vCash
    Andre Knott ‏@DreKnott 1m
    Chud: Jason Campbell will start
    Twitter.

More updates to come follow...

vCash
    Wow... not expecting that. This marks the end for Weeden (unless Campbell pulls a Hoyer and forces Weeden back in). What are the chances that Weeden is cut?

vCash
    Aaron Goldhammer ‏@HammerNation19 2m
    Whoa. Campbell starts. LaCanfora wrong...whoa whoa whoa. Stunner...
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 2m
    #Browns HC Chud said he made decision to start Campbell Monday night. Said he believes it gives team best chance to win.
    Andre Knott ‏@DreKnott 3m
    Chud: his leadership his expirence should help
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 3m
    Chud cites productivity, success, leadership, mobility among reasons to make switch #Browns
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 2m
    QB to be evaluated on week to week basis; going back & forth not ideal but fining production and consistency is what they want
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 3m
    Still feels Weeden has improved; goes back to production
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 2m
    #Browns HC Chud said he met with Campbell & Weeden. Said Weeden disappointed but expects him to remain ready to play & be a pro.
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 2m
    Campbell becomes the 20th QB to start for #Browns since 1999
    As you can imagine, Chud's presser is all about Campbell starting. Hopefully Campbell looks decent. Just happy I don't have to see BW throw underhanded passes to the other team.

vCash
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 1m
    Quentin Groves will not practice today; Billy Winn "really close" per Chud
    Andre Knott ‏@DreKnott 59s
    Chud Fozzy Whitaker will return kickoffs as well
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 28s
    #Browns HC Chud said we'll continue to find KO return opportunities for WR Travis Benjamin as well.
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 3s
    #Browns HC Chud said recently claimed Jordan Poyer will work at safety, not cornerback.
    Other twitter updates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzor12 View Post
    Wow... not expecting that. This marks the end for Weeden (unless Campbell pulls a Hoyer and forces Weeden back in). What are the chances that Weeden is cut?
    I would say very good after the season. Hoyer, Campbell and a drafted QB no room/value for Weeds.

vCash
    I don't see Weeden getting cut in season. He might have some inactives though moving forward if the FO does anything during the bye week with bringing in a FA QB off the street to backup Campbell if he shows any resemblance of being better than Weeds but that list is slowing becoming less attractive. Really wish they would have moved on Ryan Griffin on the New Orleans PS but smartly they just signed him to the roster with all the QB needy teams happening around the league.

Just gotta hope that Campbell can give you a little bit of a game manager type QB out there on Sunday like he did back in Oakland in 2011 before going down to injury. Last year he looked atrocious but a lot of that could of been due to his awful line play and also going against Houston in a rain soaked game and then the next week against San Frans top defense last year.

The best thing about this move is that Campbell is a lot smarter with the ball in the turnover category which sadly though makes him a lot like Weeden where he is hesitant with the ball and relies on his check downs quite often instead of pushing the ball downfield. Hopefully Chud can have him relaxed and let him know if he is going to make mistakes then make mistakes down the field not around the LOS like Weeden did. Campbell also has a career better completion % than Weeden but once again that goes back to him relying on his check down too often instead of pushing the ball upfield but honestly Weeden didn't do this the past 2 games either so whats teh big difference at this point.

vCash

Week 8: Cleveland Browns @ Kansas City Chiefs

Sucks that his first game at the helm is vs a great KC defense. Would be nice to have been the Jacksonville game where he could perform better then usual and build some momentum for the team. It'd be nice to see him use his legs a bit this game and by that I mean scramble for 8-10 yards on a couple plays to pick up a first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast