Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

insights, recap week 7

So, what are everyones thoughts? I think this team is progressing... Williams sure stepped up. I think this team is getting younger, and better.

we really dont need miles. cap cut next year.

Line cont. to look good. this dline is impressive IMO, bunch of no names working there butt off, putting in work.

i love our safety situation now. we got that fixed, finally.
    i was down on carr at the beginning of the year, but he is really coming threw. im glad he is making plays on the ball, and earning his contract.

still not sold on claiborne. ( dont jump me, hold on, let me explain.)
    he has played well, but still, no were near what i expected. By NO MEANS am i saying he is bust. he is playing good right now... im just saying, still, the cowboys hyped him up to be the greatest prospect since deion sanders. And to me, he is no were near that.

maybe my expectations were to high...

( give me slack guys, im kinda babbling here, lol)

lee rules.

i think we have the potential to go on a nice little streak here.

we can beat detriot, it will be hard fought, but dif. winnable game. then vikings... that should be a win. saints might be another bronco game, but maybe this game, we pull out the w...

im very excited.. we are winning, winning in the trenches, and our wins, IMO, good, quality wins. we are maturing....

good times... thoughts?

vCash
    I agree with everything that you said bro. The biggest thing for me though is Rod Marinelli. This guy is unbelievable. For us to hold the leading rusher down as much as we did with a bunch of no name guys is simply unbelievable. Marinelli knows how to get the best out of his players. I'm loving this. It was a hard fought divisional game and we came out on top. The next 2 games are gonna be tough but as you said they are definitely games that we should win. I can definitely see this team sitting at 6 and 3 going into a huge showdown game with New Orleans...thinks are definitely looking up. Pray for no injuries. I'm very happy with what is going on right now. Something seems different with this team. Just win baby!!!

vCash
    This guy is unbelievable
    just two weeks ago i thought the defense was the problem. We didn't need to talk about the offense because the defense needed to show up. Remember?

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    just two weeks ago i thought the defense was the problem. We didn't need to talk about the offense because the defense needed to show up. Remember?
    Defense showed up yesterday. Man it's so sad, you call yourself a fan, but you can't even give the guys credit for playing a great game yesterday. I've been waiting for the defense to show up and yesterday they did. Yeah, Marinelli is a great coach. To get that production out of those guys, is unreal. Your sad.

vCash
    so you were mentaltoughness?

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    so you were mentaltoughness?
    Obviously. Every time he creates a new profile he posts about 50 posts a week. And he even talks about things that happened before he created the profile.. Like here:

Quote Originally Posted by -gymrat- View Post
    pathetic showing from the cowboys fans this week. The Eagles had 30 pages of in game thread taken up. We had 12. There are more people that post in here after a loss. Especially the fairweather fans who always talk down on the team. They always come in after the loss so they can say " I told ya so". Where the hell are they after a W. They know who they are. I'm not gonna mention any names because I don't want to be threatened with a ban. I remember 3 years ago this was one of the busiest forums in here. I'm gonna spread the word and try to get more users in here. Right now we have more fairweather fans in here than true fans. It shows up on gameday. I will get more people in here. Today I will start putting word around inside other cowboys forums around the internet and on facebook. The mods job should also be trying to get more people in here, instead they are just focused on setting rules. Do this, don't do that. That's not the way to get more users. Have a great day my TRUE COWBOYS FANS!
    How would he know what they "always do" when he is supposed to have been here less than a month? I bet within a few days a new profile is created, and he starts posting again..

vCash
    true

"

vCash

insights, recap week 7

My thoughts:

Defense-

Our change to man coverage has made a big difference in the last two weeks. Anyone notice QB's having to make multiple reads? This helped us in getting pressure on Foles. Our entire defense flocked to the ball and it showed on the attempted cut backs from McCoy. Playing man has freed up safeties and it took the stress off of LBers to shadow receivers. Wilcox was stellar in pass coverage. The pass deflection in the EZ an the near INT made me proud. I know the play was over turned but what I saw was a player who doesn't give up on a play and zeroes in on the ball.

Offense-
    For being on the road, they overcame and pulled out a few drives to help get the "w". As much as I love Austin, Williams and Beasley continue to make him an after thought. Our line did a good job in containing the pass rush. Randle was solid in his first performance and congrats on having more yards than McCoy.

Overall,

It was a rival game on the road and we responded. Not allowing them to score a TD in their house really says a lot about our defense. Now it's on to Detroit!

vCash
    yes as long as beasley and williams keep it going we'll be able to save $ by getting rid of austin.

"

vCash
    Hmmmm my Chi8 detector is seeing some activity......
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    Hmmmm my Chi8 detector is seeing some activity......
    Gentleman's bet, how long until the name is banned?

"

vCash
    Something that stuck out to me was that on 3rd down situations, Austin and randle came out, Williams and Beasley came in...the guard has been changed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Something that stuck out to me was that on 3rd down situations, Austin and randle came out, Williams and Beasley came in...the guard has been changed
    I think I saw that we are like 31 million over the cap next year. There will be serious cuts and they will start with Austin.

vCash
    Randle ran well. I like how he always seems to fall forward, especially for a smaller RB. He also was ready for Romo's throws and got us into some good situations (made a 2nd and 10 into a 3rd and 3).

Loved how this D swarmed when McCoy had the ball. That one play where he went back and forth and we all swarmed to him and I think Carr made the tackle for a 6 yard loss was just a microcosm of how the D played all day.

There were a few times when Foles had too much time to throw. The front 4 did not penetrate too well at times but that could change with our signing of Marvin Austin. Him and Hatch should be a great tandem with Marinelli, at least IMO.

Love how Carr, Mo and Scandrick are mostly playing man now. It is working! Scandrick really has become great.

Safety play is decent. They are getting some help from our CBs but they keep making plays albeit that one missed tackle by JJ to allow a first down.

Sean Lee is just Sean Lee. And that Vega street fighter dude better take Bruce out to dinner for the offsides to negate his INT.

O-Line was good. Some dumb penalties but they did their job for the most part.

This game would have seemed easier if we converted on our first few drives. 2 of the first 3 were stalled due to 4th and inches. Give us a few feet here and there and those drives could have turned into points.

Hindsight bias for Garrett on the one drive where we were faced with a 4th and 4 from the PHI 35. VERY GLAD he decided to not send Bailey out, but I would have liked to go for that. Instead Jones punted and only pinned them to the 15. I really do not like Jones. I apologize, but you are an NFL punter. At least pin that **** inside the 10.

A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN. Especially in the division, especially on the road. 3-0 baby! 1 step closer to the playoffs...I know, it is not even Halloween but definitely be proud of the grit and effort with this team!

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    So, what are everyones thoughts? I think this team is progressing... Williams sure stepped up. I think this team is getting younger, and better.

we really dont need miles. cap cut next year.

Line cont. to look good. this dline is impressive IMO, bunch of no names working there butt off, putting in work.

i love our safety situation now. we got that fixed, finally.
    i was down on carr at the beginning of the year, but he is really coming threw. im glad he is making plays on the ball, and earning his contract.

still not sold on claiborne. ( dont jump me, hold on, let me explain.)
    he has played well, but still, no were near what i expected. By NO MEANS am i saying he is bust. he is playing good right now... im just saying, still, the cowboys hyped him up to be the greatest prospect since deion sanders. And to me, he is no were near that.

maybe my expectations were to high...

( give me slack guys, im kinda babbling here, lol)

lee rules.

i think we have the potential to go on a nice little streak here.

we can beat detriot, it will be hard fought, but dif. winnable game. then vikings... that should be a win. saints might be another bronco game, but maybe this game, we pull out the w...

im very excited.. we are winning, winning in the trenches, and our wins, IMO, good, quality wins. we are maturing....

good times... thoughts?

i love what carr has been doing!! jj wilcox an church too..lee is unreal but that goes without saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast