Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which job is the most appealing?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detroit Tigers

23 43.40%
  • Chicago Cubs

9 16.98%
  • Washington Nationals

20 37.74%
  • Cincinnati Reds

1 1.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Which job is the most appealing?

Out of the four?

Detroit Tigers
    Chicago Cubs
    Washington Nationals
    Cincinnati Reds

vCash

Maybe if a mod wants to add a poll, I'm on my phone. Thanks

vCash

Tigers, Nats, Reds, Cubs in that order

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Tigers, Nats, Reds, Cubs in that order
    Agreed. In terms of winning games you're spot on. Tigers are clearly the best, who look the best on paper to win the division next season. Nationals have a strong roster, and should certainly be able to compete with the Braves for the AL east. Reds roster certainly has talent as well. A bit less appealing then the Tigers and Nats though, when you factor in they play in a more competitive division. Cards and Pirates are both legit. The cubs are obviously last. Little impact talent on the MLB roster outside of Rizzo. If you wanted to wait a few years and break the curse you'd be a legend, so if you're into that than that could be for you.

vCash
    In terms of winning, Detroit

In terms of the job I'd want, Cubs

Id rather win 1 world series with the cubs than 3 with any other of those 3 teams. Chicago is a great city, calling Wrigley field your office would be incredible, and if you ever won it all, a statue of you would be put outside Wrigley. If the Cubs ever win it, the atmosphere, attention and celebration will be something that we have never seen and will never see again.
    Cubs Bulls Pirates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    In terms of winning, Detroit

In terms of the job I'd want, Cubs

Id rather win 1 world series with the cubs than 3 with any other of those 3 teams. Chicago is a great city, calling Wrigley field your office would be incredible, and if you ever won it all, a statue of you would be put outside Wrigley. If the Cubs ever win it, the atmosphere, attention and celebration will be something that we have never seen and will never see again.
    I guess 2004 never happened...

It's Tigers easily. Tigers-Nationals-Reds-Cubs. If you're a new manager and go to the Cubs you might never get another managing job. You want wins on your record, it's hard to get rid of that losing stink
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 10-21-2013 at 01:32 PM.

vCash
    As a manager, you are thinking 3-5 years.

So tigers, they have the best shot to win over the next 3-5 years and a rotation that will make you look smart.

Cubs if you are going to stick around long term, Nationals would be my third choice (although second if we have a 3-5 year window still).

I wouldn't care to go to Cincy. I think their window is closing and it will end up becoming a rebuilding project before long. At least with Chicago you are likely to see the end of that project, not the beginning of it.

vCash
    I have to go with the Nationals.

You have a young team with a core nucleus of talented kids...and if you could get them to mesh and perhaps fill one or two holes they could quickly become perennial contenders for the NL East and Championships.

vCash
    I think the Nats have just as good of a chance of winning in the next 3-5 years, they have a very strong rotation, very strong roster, good pen, good minors. Tigers could loose Scherzer, and have no one to replace him with. I think going forward the nats job would be the "safest"

vCash

I'd go with the Nats. I think the talent is there they underachieved. The tigers are better right now but for how long? The Nats core is still very young.

vCash
    All good options. Cubs is risky. Sveum went there thinking he would be around long term to see the team compete but they fired him, the next cubs manager is going to have at least 2 more loosing seasons to deal with, will they fire him before the team can compete?

I would probably go Nats-Tigers-Cubs-Reds

The reds look like they are going to be average for another year or two and then go into a rebuild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    I guess 2004 never happened...

It's Tigers easily. Tigers-Nationals-Reds-Cubs. If you're a new manager and go to the Cubs you might never get another managing job. You want wins on your record, it's hard to get rid of that losing stink
    I am fairly certain he was referring to a celebration in Chicago, not just in general.

It is definitely the highest risk, highest reward job though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Holders View Post
    I am fairly certain he was referring to a celebration in Chicago, not just in general.

It is definitely the highest risk, highest reward job though.
    I think the chicago job isn't so much who is taking over the team, but who is the next guy to take over the team after whoever gets fired.

vCash
    Detroit, better chance of winning

vCash
    Tigers & Nationals deff cause of all that great talent to mold to humble stars!
    Be $wavy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast