Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Ok seriously, who's available?

I understand all the Schwartz bashing, but seriously who's available that will Want the job & actually do a better job?

Look at last year where some of us wanted chip Kelly, others Reid, and others gruden. Truth is if we throw in the towel on shartz, we just might get some nobody, or worse- someone who does as poor of a job.

I appreciate what he's done thus far, from taking over an 0-16 team to potentially the playoffs again. But I for one lack the confidence in him once we do make the playoffs.

The unfortunate part of this thread is that we won't who's available until the end of the season. Is there some proven coach in a contract year that we'd want here?

Are we simply going through the growing pains like all teams do? Did saints fans do this with Peyton? Did colts fans do this with dungy? Bears fans with lovie? I personally don't know the answers, BUT if I were ownership & was considering firing Schwartz, I'd like someone in mind prior to getting rid of him.

That's it, have at it.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Going on the assumption that we'll continue to suck like we did today (not sure we will but I'll play along) some names I like (not sure they'd be available but w/e):

Mike Zimmer from the Bengals
    Greg Roman from the 49ers

Along with the big name guys like Dungy, Cower etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I understand all the Schwartz bashing, but seriously who's available that will Want the job & actually do a better job?

Look at last year where some of us wanted chip Kelly, others Reid, and others gruden. Truth is if we throw in the towel on shartz, we just might get some nobody, or worse- someone who does as poor of a job.

I appreciate what he's done thus far, from taking over an 0-16 team to potentially the playoffs again. But I for one lack the confidence in him once we do make the playoffs.

The unfortunate part of this thread is that we won't who's available until the end of the season. Is there some proven coach in a contract year that we'd want here?

Are we simply going through the growing pains like all teams do? Did saints fans do this with Peyton? Did colts fans do this with dungy? Bears fans with lovie? I personally don't know the answers, BUT if I were ownership & was considering firing Schwartz, I'd like someone in mind prior to getting rid of him.

That's it, have at it.
    Amen.

The names I hear kicked around are Gruden, Cowher, and Billick. I don't think any of those guys are realistic options, the first two are unlikely to come out of retirement and its questionable whether or not any of them are even viable NFL coaches at this point. Most likely we would be looking at picking up someone elses coordinator, or a college coach...which would probably be a disaster.

The thing I fear most is that we do get a new coach and there's a massive philosophy change about how the offense is run and defensive scheme. Can you imagine a new regime coming in here and saying...We're gonna be a smash mouth team and run 40 times a game and switch to a zone blitzing 3-4 defense!!!...sounds like a massive set back to me.

PSD Lions Fantasy Football Champ

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Going on the assumption that we'll continue to suck like we did today (not sure we will but I'll play along) some names I like (not sure they'd be available but w/e):

Mike Zimmer from the Bengals
    Greg Roman from the 49ers

Along with the big name guys like Dungy, Cower etc
    I think those guys are decent candidates...but think about the systems they run and whether or not they would work here. Zimmer is really the only one I see working with our current roster.

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash
    Umm, We lost on a last second field goal and now we sucked all game? The D didnt play that great today but we played a pretty good team and basically lost on a ****** punt by martin.. Had he got even a 40 yard punt they wouldnt have had the time to get that far down the field

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Umm, We lost on a last second field goal and now we sucked all game? The D didnt play that great today but we played a pretty good team and basically lost on a ****** punt by martin.. Had he got even a 40 yard punt they wouldnt have had the time to get that far down the field
    Sucked was too far I agree. Not that impressive I think would have been a better way to put it. Either way I do think they are better than today but for this thread I'll assume not.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 10-20-2013 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    Fire Stafford.
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    i would love gruden but i doubt he would want to coach this team
    POP! POP!

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    I would love Cowher and Bellick here but not Gruden and I think if the money right they all will listen. These are my reasons I wanted Schwartz to be fired years ago, His team lacks discipline because their coach lacks it too. also it seems like Schwartz, Linehan and Cunningham are glued at the hip so If somebody got fired I would be content but no one got fired.

I dont wanna give Schwartz 15 yrs like Cincy giving marvin lewis forget that. But to be quite honest since Jim Schwartz is the reason the Wide 9 is here I say get rid of him. But the season not over but this loss and arizona loss are two head scratchers. (how many more we got left)
    GIFSoup

The Old Kingwood313 is Back

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    Amen.

The names I hear kicked around are Gruden, Cowher, and Billick. I don't think any of those guys are realistic options, the first two are unlikely to come out of retirement and its questionable whether or not any of them are even viable NFL coaches at this point. Most likely we would be looking at picking up someone elses coordinator, or a college coach...which would probably be a disaster.

The thing I fear most is that we do get a new coach and there's a massive philosophy change about how the offense is run and defensive scheme. Can you imagine a new regime coming in here and saying...We're gonna be a smash mouth team and run 40 times a game and switch to a zone blitzing 3-4 defense!!!...sounds like a massive set back to me.
    While I agree the new coach may mean new scheme but lets face it the wide 9 is not making any of us happy regardless of how good suh and fairley overall stats look.
    GIFSoup

The Old Kingwood313 is Back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabiznazz View Post
    i would love gruden but i doubt he would want to coach this team
    Gruden was an overrated coach. There is a reason he is a commentator now. Just like Mariucci.

vCash
    Bring back Millen
    Adopt A Piston: Brandon Jennings

PPG: 14
    APG: 4
    STL: 4

Times punched by a rapper:1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    While I agree the new coach may mean new scheme but lets face it the wide 9 is not making any of us happy regardless of how good suh and fairley overall stats look.
    Cowher ran a 3-4 and smash mouth running team. Billick was overrated, the game passed him by. I doubt Gruden leaves his cushy job at espn to potentially fail as a coach for a second time.

We actually dont use the wide nine nearly as much this season, but the wide nine is really just a technique used for pass rushing. any time a defender is pass rushing from outside of where the tight end is lined up and uses an outside rush...thats the wide nine. All the stunts and shifts we've been using this year...not the wide nine.

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash
    Al Borges, baby.

vCash
    Mark Dantonio

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast