Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Giants will listen to offers for Pablo

Hmm... I wonder what we could get ?: I hope something good.

Sandoval is scheduled to hit free agency after the 2014 season.

The San Francisco Giants will listen to offers this winter for third baseman Pablo Sandoval, reports Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.

The Giants seem to be tired of dealing with Sandoval's weight issues. San Francisco general manager Brian Sabean has told Sandoval that it's up to him whether he reports to spring training in shape, according to Cafardo.

Sandoval has been bothered by nagging injuries, failing to reach 600 plate appearances each of the past three years. He suffered a strained tendon in his left foot during the 2013 season, which led to outside discussion on whether his weight caused the injury. Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle penned an article criticizing the discussion, writing:

Common sense tells you that the more weight you carry, the greater the toll on your back and legs, whether you are an athlete or not. But to flat-out say this injury was caused by Sandoval's weight is just talk-radio folderol.
    Sandoval had a productive 2013 season despite his weight fluctuation and injury issues, batting .278/.341/.417 over 584 plate appearances. He posted similar numbers in 2012, batting .283/.342/.447 for the Giants' World Series winning team.

The third baseman had big offensive seasons in 2009 and 2011, making the first of his two All-Star teams in '11. Sandoval will make $8.25 million in 2014, and will be eligible for free agency after the season.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/10/...pablo-sandoval

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

vCash
    I don't see a trade happening before the season begins. Would be pretty stupid unless we got bowled over with an unreal offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't see a trade happening before the season begins. Would be pretty stupid unless we got bowled over with an unreal offer.
    After the season starts, the team that trades for him can no longer make a QO which will depress his value, even if he is having a great season not that there is anything guaranteeing that, the giants likely won't get more for him than they can in the off season. If the giants keep him after the season begins and he is having a so-so season, they likely won't get anything back.

vCash
    Giants never seem to care much about that.

vCash
    If we traded Pablo who would play 3b? Joe Crede?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Dallas McPherson.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Definitely one of those two. I think McPherson has a ton of potential, so I'd lean in that direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Definitely one of those two. I think McPherson has a ton of potential, so I'd lean in that direction.
    At 33? He HAD a ton of potential back in 04 when he won minor league player of the year. What if, he is just a bust...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    If we traded Pablo who would play 3b? Joe Crede?
    Alexander Guerrero?

vCash

Sawrkazm

vCash

Matt LaPorta, can he play the hot corner?

vCash
    Don't we tend to always listen to offers on anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    At 33? He HAD a ton of potential back in 04 when he won minor league player of the year. What if, he is just a bust...
    Schierholtz is also a more than capable 3rd baseman. We should bring him back!
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Yeah. I forgot about that. We could solve a lot of problems by having Schierholtz at 3B and Posey at SS.

vCash
    Ok guys enough with the sarcasm, I was actually thinking if they do trade him this OFFSEASON, who would play 3B. Than I was looking at FAs and players in our farm or current roster. Here is a solution that I remember reading about. Buster Posey. You can keep his bat in the line-up and he is athletic to man that position for a long time. Brian McCann is a FA and will have a lot of suitors but if we could get another offensive Catcher, who knows what might happen.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast