Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: vote

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miller

    2 16.67%
  • Anderson

    4 33.33%
  • Thomas

    0 0%
  • Lehtonen

    2 16.67%
  • Schneider

    3 25.00%
  • Hiller

    0 0%
  • Crawford

    1 8.33%
  • Luongo

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,230
    vCash
    1000

    PSD's Top 10 Goalies: #9

    1) Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers - Sweden
    2) Jonathan Quick, Los Angeles Kings - United States
    3) Tuukka Rask, Boston Bruins - Finland
    4) Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators - Finland
    5) Antti Niemi, San Jose Sharks - Finland
    6) Jimmy Howard, Detroit Red Wings - United States
    7) Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens - Canada
    8) Sergei Bobrovsky, Columbus Blue Jackets - Russia

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,230
    vCash
    1000
    Ryan Miller. Let's get some votes in. It's ridiculous that certain posters come in, vote for their goaltender, once he's voted for, they leave. This is a hard one here. There's about five goalies that could have this spot. Let's finish off strong. We may roll to #15.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Quinnipiac University
    Posts
    2,972
    vCash
    1500
    Craig Anderson for me. He was absolutely fantastic last year before the injury, and Miller has really fallen off since the Olympics.


    After Hours album out 4/29

    When you're having fun... Timeflies

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,230
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    Craig Anderson for me. He was absolutely fantastic last year before the injury, and Miller has really fallen off since the Olympics.
    Eh, perhaps, but he's still posting some solid numbers. He's posted a .916% save percentage three straight years after his Vezina season. I know a lot of the voters are bringing in this year's statistics, so why don't I as well? A .927% save percentage with a record of 1-6. Do you know how hard that is to post a save percentage that high with a record like that? Buffalo is the worst team in the NHL. They've gotten worse and worse every single year since 2009/2010.

    Craig Anderson has been super inconsistent over the past few years. Stretches where he looks like a top five goalie and the next, where he looks like he belongs as a back-up in the KHL.

    Craig Anderson posted a save percentage of .897 the first post Olympic year in 33 games. GAA was 3.30. That's in Colorado. His numbers did better with the trade to Ottawa though. I think that should factor in the bad team, lower numbers talk.. Colorado, Buffalo. Ironic.

    In 11/12 had a save percentage of .913. Again, Miller's numbers were better.

    .941% and 1.69 GAA last year in 24 games.

    Miller's been better this year. Both teams have been crap though.

    So 2 of the past 3 seasons Ryan Miller posted the better season. Ottawa was superior or on par in those seasons. The season before this, Ryan Miller won a Vezina.

    Interesting numbers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    10,485
    vCash
    1500
    It's between Ryan Miller and Craig Anderson. I'm going off by most recent success and the last 2 seasons Craig has been dominating Miller. Bran is right though, Anderson was ****** and fluky in Colorado but Ryan Miller has been bad and he is constantly overrated.


    TATAR SAUCE

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,230
    vCash
    1000
    I actually have Keri Lehtonen over Craig Anderson. Corey Schneider is right up there too, and Tim Thomas could go any where. Also, I don't think it's safe to say "Ryan Miller has been bad". His save percentage has consistently been around .916%, which isn't awful. Also, Ryan Miller hasn't been overrated for years. I don't think he was ever "overrated".

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,855
    vCash
    2563
    Oh **** I'd change my vote to Lehtonen if I could. I didn't even see him.
    "whoever started is a retarded" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    10,485
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I actually have Keri Lehtonen over Craig Anderson. Corey Schneider is right up there too, and Tim Thomas could go any where. Also, I don't think it's safe to say "Ryan Miller has been bad". His save percentage has consistently been around .916%, which isn't awful. Also, Ryan Miller hasn't been overrated for years. I don't think he was ever "overrated".
    I think he is Bran, look at his career GAA, 2.59. Maybe he is struggling because Buff has been struggling the last couple of years, idk. Cory needs more PT and Tim Thomas is aging. He hasn't been lights out for the Panthers through 5.


    TATAR SAUCE

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,230
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I think he is Bran, look at his career GAA, 2.59. Maybe he is struggling because Buff has been struggling the last couple of years, idk. Cory needs more PT and Tim Thomas is aging. He hasn't been lights out for the Panthers through 5.
    Ryan Miller was a kid when he came up on that elite Buffalo team. To be fair, he had great shot blockers and a soldi two-way team. He then carried the team during his Vezina season. Look at Buffalo around that time to now. The team gets worse and worse. Ryan Miller can only do so much. He faces quality chances, a boat load of shots, and more. The best defenseman is an offensive specialist. Tyler Myers has been crap defensively. Sekera might have been the best defensive defenseman on the team and he's now in Carolina. Miller has the worst team in the NHL in front of him. He's had crap teams for years now.

    Agreed with Corey Schneider. One 1a spot to another. He'll start 60+ next season though fi Brodeur does retire. His stats have been money though. Similar to Tuukka Rask before last year.

    Tim Thomas took a year off, is 39 years old, and missed most of training camp. Give him time.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    10,485
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Ryan Miller was a kid when he came up on that elite Buffalo team. To be fair, he had great shot blockers and a soldi two-way team. He then carried the team during his Vezina season. Look at Buffalo around that time to now. The team gets worse and worse. Ryan Miller can only do so much. He faces quality chances, a boat load of shots, and more. The best defenseman is an offensive specialist. Tyler Myers has been crap defensively. Sekera might have been the best defensive defenseman on the team and he's now in Carolina. Miller has the worst team in the NHL in front of him. He's had crap teams for years now.

    Agreed with Corey Schneider. One 1a spot to another. He'll start 60+ next season though fi Brodeur does retire. His stats have been money though. Similar to Tuukka Rask before last year.

    Tim Thomas took a year off, is 39 years old, and missed most of training camp. Give him time.
    Agreed.


    TATAR SAUCE

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Ryan Miller. Let's get some votes in. It's ridiculous that certain posters come in, vote for their goaltender, once he's voted for, they leave. This is a hard one here. There's about five goalies that could have this spot. Let's finish off strong. We may roll to #15.
    this list is awful... Top 3 goalies on that list have some of the best D in the league in front of them. You should do a poll on top Defensive teams in the league and see how that relates to the top goalies. Ryan miller is a prime example of how a goalie can look elite with a stacked defense and look average without them.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    10,485
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoHuskies View Post
    this list is awful... Top 3 goalies on that list have some of the best D in the league in front of them. You should do a poll on top Defensive teams in the league and see how that relates to the top goalies. Ryan miller is a prime example of how a goalie can look elite with a stacked defense and look average without them.
    Ehh it's fine dude, we like to debate and it stays friendly for the most part. Ryan Miller is a solid explanation of what you are saying because he has a really good SV% but he boasts a high GAA because of the Sabres weak defense. No need to change it. Same with Jimmy Howard. It takes a lot of skill to fully evaluate a goaltender because so much factors in to there play. Power play goals, etc etc. It's a team sport and a good goalie can only do so much with a sub par defense in front of him I see it game in and game out because I'm an Islanders fan and the last time we had a good defense was when Kaspar was playing for us.


    TATAR SAUCE

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    10,485
    vCash
    1500
    ^ To add to my post, I'm not sure if we had a debate about it yet but we should start a thread based upon the most important stats to judge a goalie on. It would be fun.


    TATAR SAUCE

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Quinnipiac University
    Posts
    2,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoHuskies View Post
    this list is awful... Top 3 goalies on that list have some of the best D in the league in front of them. You should do a poll on top Defensive teams in the league and see how that relates to the top goalies. Ryan miller is a prime example of how a goalie can look elite with a stacked defense and look average without them.
    Yet you voted for Crawford who has one of best defenses/systems in front of him...


    After Hours album out 4/29

    When you're having fun... Timeflies

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoHuskies:27248861
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Ryan Miller. Let's get some votes in. It's ridiculous that certain posters come in, vote for their goaltender, once he's voted for, they leave. This is a hard one here. There's about five goalies that could have this spot. Let's finish off strong. We may roll to #15.
    this list is awful... Top 3 goalies on that list have some of the best D in the league in front of them. You should do a poll on top Defensive teams in the league and see how that relates to the top goalies. Ryan miller is a prime example of how a goalie can look elite with a stacked defense and look average without them.
    Top 4 are pretty much locks as the top 4. I don't see where you're going with this?


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •