Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Da MVP is...

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caleb Hanie

    5 55.56%
  • Common

    3 33.33%
  • Alterraun Joekel

    0 0%
  • Soulja Boi

    1 11.11%
  • Stephen Bust

    0 0%
  • Lonco Broggs

    0 0%
  • Chris Conte

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Week 7 MVP?

  1. #1
    db75 Guest

    Week 7 MVP?

    Sooooo, who is it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucktown
    Posts
    50,305
    McCown, there isn't even a second option.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    58,576
    Definitely McCown. You really can't ask for much more from him...not his fault that the D blew this game on several occasions.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    34,401
    Marc Trestman. We saw what our backups did last year. This was all Trestmans playcalling and McCown keeping his cool.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    10,652
    Nikola Tesla

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Milkyway
    Posts
    11,627
    I would have said McCown until he took that last sack. So, I will go with Forte. Three TDs are impressive.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    19,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules:27245389
    I would have said McCown until he took that last sack. So, I will go with Forte. Three TDs are impressive.
    I hope you're joking. Taking away an MVP due to a sack in a hail mary situation?

    You have to be kidding.

    Like the Blackhawks? Hockey? Sports in general? Create a free account at ProSportsDaily and join in on the conversations today. Signing up takes no time at all, and you can be on the forums posting your opinions before you know it!

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tinley
    Posts
    22,864
    Blams laying the hammer but yeah that's pretty silly.

    McCown easy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,142

    Week 7 MVP?

    McCown but Trestman deserves a lot of credit


    Home to the Greatest Fans in College Football

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,775
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    I hope you're joking. Taking away an MVP due to a sack in a hail mary situation?

    You have to be kidding.
    I think McCown is the MVP because he played exceptionally well for a backup and kept us in the game, but that sack was beyond stupid. You have to throw that ball up in the air no matter what. Give one of our big WR's a chance to go up and get it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    49,386
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    I think McCown is the MVP because he played exceptionally well for a backup and kept us in the game, but that sack was beyond stupid. You have to throw that ball up in the air no matter what. Give one of our big WR's a chance to go up and get it.
    If he tries to throw that ball up it's not going to go anywhere NEAR far enough for someone to catch it in the end zone.


    Our Second Podcast Is Up! We would love your thoughts on it!


    If you have images off in sigs, click here: www.CubsRelated.blogspot.com

    Follow us on Twitter! @CubsRelated

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    If he tries to throw that ball up it's not going to go anywhere NEAR far enough for someone to catch it in the end zone.
    Doesn't matter. Give your team a chance instead of taking a sack and letting the clock run out. Crazier things have happened.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    10,652
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Doesn't matter. Give your team a chance instead of taking a sack and letting the clock run out. Crazier things have happened.
    The sack wasn't the killer IMO it was the 2nd dumpoff that stayed in bounds. He should've thrown it downfield or away.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    49,386
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Doesn't matter. Give your team a chance instead of taking a sack and letting the clock run out. Crazier things have happened.
    What has happened? Everyone is sprinting straight downfield. Nobody is looking for that ball yet. That was a Hail Mary pure and simple. You need more than 3 seconds to do that from the 50. If he throws that ball it's either picked or 20 yards short of where anyone is.


    Our Second Podcast Is Up! We would love your thoughts on it!


    If you have images off in sigs, click here: www.CubsRelated.blogspot.com

    Follow us on Twitter! @CubsRelated

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    What has happened? Everyone is sprinting straight downfield. Nobody is looking for that ball yet. That was a Hail Mary pure and simple. You need more than 3 seconds to do that from the 50. If he throws that ball it's either picked or 20 yards short of where anyone is.
    Lob the ball and let it hang in the air...Do anything but take the sack. That's my point. Even if there is a little chance we make something out of that play it's better than a sack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •