Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bernie: Cardinal Way wins out over Mickey Way

Reality-TV America might not have liked it much, but the Cardinals sent Mickey Mouse, the Goofy in right field and the whole Disneyland cast of characters back to Southern California to begin their offseason grooming.

Main Street America is headed back to the World Series.

On a chilly but baseball-cool Friday night at Busch Stadium the Cardinals made surprisingly swift and easy work of Los Angeles ace Clayton Kershaw and the overwhelmed and overmatched Dodgers in a 9-0 thumping in Game 6, capping the 2013 National League championship series and the baseball culture war between the teams.

The Cardinals rode sensational rookie starter Michael Wacha for seven brilliant shutout innings, chased Kershaw with barrages in the third and fifth innings and gave their fans a chance to get an early start on savoring the 19th National League pennant in franchise history.

The glamorous Dodgers were said to bring a freshness and brashness to a tired old national pastime that is losing popularity to other sports.
    More: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...-8n3vA.twitter
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    It's two different kinds of celebration, that is getting more press than necessary.

But 19 pennants sure does sound nice.

vCash
    I really don't get this Mickey Mouse ****.

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    I think that if things went in the dodgers favor a little more early than that series goes 7, I think it was a lot closer of a series than game 6 made it feel.
    Next year this series could go completely different.