Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Preseason's impressions

What do you think about what the Lakers showed in the preseason?

vCash
    Not as bad as I thought. I know it's only preseason, but the defense doesn't look as bad as I thought it'd be, but we'll see what happens when it's for real

vCash
    Live by the three, Die by the three type of season. Some games will be exciting to watch as some will be awful to witness.

vCash
    Wesley Johnson has been trash so far.

Eisenhower says: SUCK ME.

Equipo De Chupame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWorthy42 View Post
    Wesley Johnson has been trash so far.
    I agree.

vCash
    Not surprised by Johnson's bad play he was the worst offensive player in the league 2 seasons ago, Blake had a 2 game span where he shot 1-21 ship this bum out

vCash
    Gasol and Kaman are working well together.

I am curious to see how Gasol will do this year. He cries like a girl about wanting to stay in L.A. yet brings his game down every time there are trade talks. So, will he take less money to stay here? He has been going down hill ever since he folded faster than Superman on laundry day during the playoff series with Dallas a few years back. He has put the blame on Bynum, Howard, Mike Brown, and D'Antoni. So, where will he hide now that he is the "center of attention"?

vCash
    The team chemistry already looks better than last year as we have players that actually want to be here and our overall system looks better on both ends. Having said that, the Lakers lack the horses to make a serious run at a title given the age of the core players. Our bench and overall depth is much better than last yr, but we lost talent and there is no way of getting around that fact. La needs more talent to beat teams like OKC, LAC, Miami, Brooklyn, and San Antonio.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 10-20-2013 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    If we could somehow acquire someone like Rajon Rondo, we would be much better off in the long term. I just don't see how that type of a deal could happen this year and so la is going to have to hope they can convince Carmelo Anthony to come here and or someone else. Also the summer of 2015 will be a huge offseason as Kevin Love and others will be available via free agency.

vCash
    Imo Young,Henry,Farmar and Kaman were good. Johnson is trash for now,just hope he can become a lockdown defender,but we'll see.

vCash
    Johnson cannot play the 4. He is a sg-sf. I thought he would be a Shawn Marion style player who at 6'7 can play the 4 spot, but I think I was wrong about that. He will be a nice back up to Young though. Still, we haven't seen enough of him to really judge. He did get hurt early on. I still like his length.

Kaman pick up was great. I just hope he stays healthy.

Henry I really like. Another guy who attacks the rim/create his own offense and is a pretty big body for a sg-sf.

Farmar I really like. He had some bad turn overs in the last game but I think overall he's gonna help out big time with the bench and the attitude of the squad.

Nick Young is awesome. He was a great pick up in the of season. He has Laker pride and he was even playing some defense out there. That's nice to see.

The little bit of Ryan Kelly I saw has been quite impressive. The dude looks like Dirk out there. He can hit the 3 and he had a nice post move out there there. I am really excited to see his development.

I called Shawne Williams a stiff early on. But I take it back. He is a stretch 4 in the truest Dantoni way. He plays hard too. I like his play and wouldn't mind seeing him start.

I also liked what I saw out of Sacre, Harris and Landry. I hope the Lakers at least keep them around even if it's in the D league. Harris I think can develop into a solid player in this league. And Landry plays hard.

Nash looks old.

Meeks looks lost.

Hill looks terrible.

Our depth overall is much better. If we have any kind of chance this year, it's because we will have a really energetic bench.
    Last edited by RoyalG333; 10-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    This team is one solid player (e.g., Jeff Green) from being a major player in the west. The previous statement obviously depends on kobe coming back and being kobe, gasol regaining his form (I think he's looked pretty solid so far), and everyone staying healthy. That's a lot of ifs, but the west is pretty wide open this year and we have tons of depth and if we could land someone like Green we would actually be a pretty young and athletic team. Regardless though, if we can stay healthy this team is going to surprise a lot of people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    This team is one solid player (e.g., Jeff Green) from being a major player in the west.
    Seriously, I mean no real disrespect for you or your opinion, but...

Are you nuts???

I mean, I would LOVE for you to be correct, but...um...

Ok, first of all, we have Pringles. His style of play has never won anything and never will. "Live by the three, die by the three," as others have mentioned.

Then there's the personnel on the floor. If you cut:
    Harris
    Johnson
    Landry
    Meeks
    Sacre
    and
    Hill
    ...then put Kelly with the D-Fenders and stretch-waive Nash you might - just might - have a fair-to-middling core of a fair-to-middling team. NOT championship caliber. Maybe, if a lot of other teams fall apart, you'd have a first-round loser like last season. I mean, if the tankers got together and tried to put a crap team together so they could go after a lottery pick I don't think they could have done it better!

I'm not trolling you, Big Moves03. That statement just sent me into a major, capital letters, WTF moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPurpleGold View Post
    Seriously, I mean no real disrespect for you or your opinion, but...

Are you nuts???

I mean, I would LOVE for you to be correct, but...um...

Ok, first of all, we have Pringles. His style of play has never won anything and never will. "Live by the three, die by the three," as others have mentioned.

Then there's the personnel on the floor. If you cut:
    Harris
    Johnson
    Landry
    Meeks
    Sacre
    and
    Hill
    ...then put Kelly with the D-Fenders and stretch-waive Nash you might - just might - have a fair-to-middling core of a fair-to-middling team. NOT championship caliber. Maybe, if a lot of other teams fall apart, you'd have a first-round loser like last season. I mean, if the tankers got together and tried to put a crap team together so they could go after a lottery pick I don't think they could have done it better!

I'm not trolling you, Big Moves03. That statement just sent me into a major, capital letters, WTF moment.
    This is the deepest team we've had in a really long time and there really aren't that many holes on this roster. The only real reason this team can't compete is because of the coaching style and if it turns out that our core is not good enough. Farmar will be a really solid backup pg, henry has the potential to be considerably better than ariza was when he played with us, johnson is up in the air but can contribute, hill is one of the top big man backup players in the league, and if we can land someone like Green from boston that would give us another top bench player. That's a pretty damn deep bench and deeper than we had in our championship years in 09 and 10. Young is an excellent guy to have as a 3rd or 4th option, Kaman is one of the better centers in the league (probably top 11th or 12th best center in the league). Gasol is still an all star caliber player if he can stay healthy and operate out of the post. The main question mark is whether nash can play at a level close to what he played his last year in phoenix and whether kobe can be a top player. This team will be better than last years team and the west is pretty wide open. People were saying the same thing back in 2008 before we ended up in the finals. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen this time around, but we're nowhere close to being as bad as a lot of people on here think (you know a lot of those same people who swore up and down last season we had no chance of making the playoffs and then went completely silent when those of us who said we would called them out).

Also, I didn't say we had a contender, I said we could compete in the west and we can. The west is not all that competitive this year. The only legit contender this year in the west are the spurs and maybe the clippers.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-21-2013 at 10:21 PM.

vCash
    Pau Gasol roaming in the perimeter more than in the paint means, let's tank for wiggins. I am not sold at all with all the talks about Pau being featured more in the paint. Kaman looks and moves better in the paint than Pau. I hope its only because he is not yet 100%... Pau gotta dominate the paint if Lakers would really want to be relevant this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast