Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Breaking down the run game

This article by Matt Bowen is pretty solid. He breaks down a lot of different things the Packers are doing in the run game. I'm not going to quote it because you really need the provided pictures.

How the Packers Have Rebuilt the Run Game Around Eddie Lacy

It's good to see the Packers using a hybrid power/zone running scheme. They are actually using some power techniques with pulling guards that we have not seen a lot the past few years. This goes with the Lacy being a single back kind of runner that was talked about in the other thread.

They still use some of the zone blocking stuff too, which Lacy can take advatage of with his vision and ability to make that one needed cut. Such a difference between Lacy and watching Alex Green last year not being able to make that one cut and run into the back of the OL who were zone blocking.

vCash
    I want to see Lacy go for like a 60+ yard TD run. It seems like it been forever since we've seen a long TD run like that lol. I mostly just want to see if he has the speed to make a run like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I want to see Lacy go for like a 60+ yard TD run. It seems like it been forever since we've seen a long TD run like that lol. I mostly just want to see if he has the speed to make a run like that.
    He isn't a burner so I doubt he has many 60+ yard TD's. He got caught from behind last game. Even less likely with how deep safeties play against GB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    He isn't a burner so I doubt he has many 60+ yard TD's. He got caught from behind last game. Even less likely with how deep safeties play against GB.
    Yeah true.

vCash
    I want to know what kind of 40 Lacy would run as of now. Wasn't very impressive at his pro day with a 4.64 but I have to imagine he can get to the 4.5's when healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    I want to know what kind of 40 Lacy would run as of now. Wasn't very impressive at his pro day with a 4.64 but I have to imagine he can get to the 4.5's when healthy.
    no doubt low 4.5
    Lacy 2013

Quote Originally Posted by goku View Post
    I think its starting to set in that he left Aaron Rodgers for Christian Ponder ...