Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

10/18 China Game: Lakers 89 -- GSW 115

No GT, but here's the box score.

Farmer back, played well. Blake only took a couple of shots but hit 50%. Kaman didn't start but played a solid game in short minutes. Lakers were competitive in 1st half; GS went nuts in second half when I assume D'Antoni was giving bench players more minutes.

Oh, and Pau was a beast: 5/10, 6/6, 7 and 1 block in 26 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    No GT, but here's the box score.

Farmer back, played well. Blake only took a couple of shots but hit 50%. Kaman didn't start but played a solid game in short minutes. Lakers were competitive in 1st half; GS went nuts in second half when I assume D'Antoni was giving bench players more minutes.

Oh, and Pau was a beast: 5/10, 6/6, 7 and 1 block in 26 minutes.
    Nice...but why aren't they playing the game on TWSN?
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    Nice...but why aren't they playing the game on TWSN?
    They did play 4:30 AM Pacific. Saw the second half when it got ugly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane H View Post
    They did play 4:30 AM Pacific. Saw the second half when it got ugly.
    Hmm maybe its a local issue. TWCS is not working right now. I had it set to record but it didn't.
    LINSANITY

vCash

I recorded it and watched it. Played a very good 1st half and then mda played mostly scrubs in the 2nd half. He also went small as once again David lee killed us.

But when both teams were playing their best guys, we were right in it

vCash

Also, Nash only played the first half. Did he tweak something or did they keep him out for extra rest?

vCash
    good 1st half. WJ cannot play the 4. pau was killing, would like to see him in post more. nash needs to be more shoot first because teams are backing off him and hes not shooting. farmar was nice. meeks looked better (not saying much tho). xavier will put teams in foul trouble, maybe we can slow games down with FT shooting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    In fairness to MDA, I do believe he is just experimenting so I highly doubt we see much of WJ at the 4. Especially against bigger, more physical 4's like David Lee.

I think we will be decent at the PG position. Nash, Blake and Farmar all provide positives although none of them are "great" in any one category. Blake, although small, plays tough defense and can knock down open perimeter shots and farmar is a pest on the defensive end and can penetrate on offense. So against quicker guards, those guys can at least somewhat slow them down. Nash is still finding his legs (hopefully he eventually does) and picking his spots within the offense. I just want to see these 3 focus on controlling the pace of games. Limit turnovers. Play smart and don't take too many chances.

Our wing players should be formidable as well. Nick Young has really impressed. He's so confident out there and up until this point, he really hasn't forced much. I think it helps that he's playing alongside a lot of veterans.

Gasol and kaman have been very, very good thus far. They are like mirror images of each other. I think I would rather have Kaman come off the bench but I haven't really made up my mind yet. If Kaman does come off the bench then idk who I would start at the 4. I think Shawne Williams is too small. I don't think Hill fits this team now either. If we could somehow move Hill for a better-fitting 4, that would be huge. Hill does have value too. On a team like Miami, SAS, OKC, and a few others he would make for a great fit.

The biggest thing for this team (w/o KObe) is to control the pace and limit mistakes. The spacing looks solid and the offense is starting to look pretty good. I'm just worried that the old legs will slow us down come the 4th quarter. MDA really has to coach this team (scary thought, I know). If the opposing team starts to get a run going, take a TO. We saw last year just how important each game is. Go game by game. Hell, go quarter by quarter.

It will be tough, and I honestly don't agree with what the FO did - I think we should be playing for a high draft pick. But nonetheless, we have a team that can contend for a playoff spot. Now we have to wait and see what happens.

vCash
    Oh ok. Cuz D lee just says "barbecue chicken" when WJ is onhim. I really fear the ball may slow down when kobe comes back. Farmar and blake seem to be a pesky combo on defense.

vCash
    Funny thing is...odom would be perfect at the 4 for this roster. Well, the old odom.

vCash

Yeah old Odom would be the perfect fit. Too bad he found both the kardashians and crack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Yeah old Odom would be the perfect fit. Too bad he found both the kardashians and crack.
    Don't know what's worse between the two...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    I read that as he was in the Kardashians crack

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laker2dodger View Post
    I read that as he was in the Kardashians crack
    that too

vCash
    went to see basket game!! Very happy when big screen show kobe!! there are so many fans scream and cheer all the times kobe shows. the game very ugly in second halves, but first halves it is very interesting because it is close and we fight very hard. and kobe has not play!! i like this team, is not the best but is fight hard.