Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: No more closed threads?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 40.00%
  • no

3 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

whats happening in this forum?

Just curious, since the lock out there are very little threads started and the ones that are, are corralled into one like it was this summer, even though there were so many different things happening.

Also, who keeps locking the ones that are open? This forum looks like a prison with so many locks. Just let them go away naturally unless the they get out of hand.

I'm sure this one will get locked as well but at least I was able to give my opinion.

vCash
    couldn't tell ya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Just curious, since the lock out there are very little threads started and the ones that are, are corralled into one like it was this summer, even though there were so many different things happening.

Also, who keeps locking the ones that are open? This forum looks like a prison with so many locks. Just let them go away naturally unless the they get out of hand.

I'm sure this one will get locked as well but at least I was able to give my opinion.
    I've said before that people can message me anytime and i will open closed threads asap if they want them, and posters have been taking advantage. All the ones threads that were inactive for a while and not going to be used again (ie. old game threads). Threads that i think will be bumped again (Kessel contract thread and Franson thread) are open because i'm sure people will want to talk about them again.

Again, let me know what thread you want opened or they will remain locked. All threads that have run their course are locked.

vCash
    Why do people message you to close threads? That's kinda hilarious haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Why do people message you to close threads? That's kinda hilarious haha.
    No, my bad. I close threads that have run their course (like the very first game thread) and if people want me to reopen a thread that's closed they ask me to reopen it via PM.

If someone wants to talk about the Joe Colborne trade again send me a PM and i'll open it. All the threads i think people will bump or post in are open. IDK what thread this guy wants open but he hasn't said anything to me. I'm not gonna stop closing useless threads though, so make sure you message me or a mod like Sensandraps about it.

vCash
    Just wondering what is the point of locking threads, what is the problem with just leaving them open?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Borough View Post
    Just wondering what is the point of locking threads, what is the problem with just leaving them open?
    I don't like them open, and have been given the ok to close the ones that don't have use so that's what i do.

I personally don't like leaving them open and haven't had any complaints aside from this one. I don't see any reason to have the "How do we get under the cap" thread open anymore seeing as we are under the cap. What's the point of keeping them all open? It take me 3 seconds to close them all at once and i don't have to worry about bumped threads that are dead. It's neater

I actually wanted to make series game threads to cut down on the amount of locked game threads, seeing as we only reach about 100 posts every game but i didn't know how that would go over. So i let that die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I don't like them open, and have been given the ok to close the ones that don't have use so that's what i do.

I personally don't like leaving them open and haven't had any complaints aside from this one. I don't see any reason to have the "How do we get under the cap" thread open anymore seeing as we are under the cap. What's the point of keeping them all open? It take me 3 seconds to close them all at once and i don't have to worry about bumped threads that are dead. It's neater

I actually wanted to make series game threads to cut down on the amount of locked game threads, seeing as we only reach about 100 posts every game but i didn't know how that would go over. So i let that die
    What I took out from that is your main reason is neatness which makes sense I guess.

I dont like the series threads but how about weekly game threads starting every saturday or sunday (start or end with HNIC) and you could add a poll asking the presumed record for the week which could generate some discussion

vCash
    No, my bad. I close threads that have run their course (like the very first game thread) and if people want me to reopen a thread that's closed they ask me to reopen it via PM.

If someone wants to talk about the Joe Colborne trade again send me a PM and i'll open it. All the threads i think people will bump or post in are open. IDK what thread this guy wants open but he hasn't said anything to me. I'm not gonna stop closing useless threads though, so make sure you message me or a mod like Sensandraps about it.
    I got ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Borough View Post
    What I took out from that is your main reason is neatness which makes sense I guess.

I dont like the series threads but how about weekly game threads starting every saturday or sunday (start or end with HNIC) and you could add a poll asking the presumed record for the week which could generate some discussion
    Thanks for the idea. I'll think about it. I'll see what Jets thinks because he's the main game thread creator. I like the weekly game thread idea better.

I got ya.
    If people are reading this and want them all open, shoot me a PM or just post in here. I don't have any attachment to closing threads i just like not having to worry about them. If most of the regulars on here want them open i can do that. This is the first i'm hearing of a problem with this.

vCash
    Added poll so people can vote anonymously .

If yes, i will leave all threads open until they reach 1,000 posts (i have to close them then)

If no, then it stays the same

Poll is open for 5 days

vCash
    Thanks for the idea. I'll think about it. I'll see what Jets thinks because he's the main game thread creator. I like the weekly game thread idea better.

If people are reading this and want them all open, shoot me a PM or just post in here. I don't have any attachment to closing threads i just like not having to worry about them. If most of the regulars on here want them open i can do that. This is the first i'm hearing of a problem with this.
    I actually agree with closing threads like a day after the game is over. Maybe if there was one large thread during the season where people could post between games that would work. I like the weekly thread too. It'd kind of be like the Bruins playoff series last year and that worked out pretty good.

vCash
    I actually agree with closing threads like a day after the game is over. Maybe if there was one large thread during the season where people could post between games that would work. I like the weekly thread too. It'd kind of be like the Bruins playoff series last year and that worked out pretty good.
    I do wait before closing a thread, i wait for a few days until the last post was put up. It's not like i'm cutting people off, i make sure people get their posts in lol

Yea the playoff series thread is where i got the idea, i like having that all in one place. We'll see though. I'm currently looking into the rules and stuff to see what i can do. Maybe create that weekly thread we like so much and have an external link (that would look like a regular thread in the forum) but the link would take you to the very first new game post. I've seen something similar to that before, hopefully it can be done.

vCash
    I do wait before closing a thread, i wait for a few days until the last post was put up. It's not like i'm cutting people off, i make sure people get their posts in lol

Yea the playoff series thread is where i got the idea, i like having that all in one place. We'll see though. I'm currently looking into the rules and stuff to see what i can do. Maybe create that weekly thread we like so much and have an external link (that would look like a regular thread in the forum) but the link would take you to the very first new game post. I've seen something similar to that before, hopefully it can be done.
    I like that if it could get done. Anybody else from this Leafs forum reading that should say their opinion.

vCash
    I like the idea of a weekly game thread. Sometimes things happen in one game that creates a carry-over affect into the next and it's worth keeping the conversation going. That being said, I do like the idea of having threads closed that have run their course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast