Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

Metta: "Iman, Amazing, I think he's the best shooting guard in the league."

vCash
    Has the potential to be, but isn't there just yet.

His shooting is almost there and now his handle has to improve. Once his handle improves, there is no reason for Shump not to be consistently in the conversation for top 5 SGs

vCash
    Offensive superstars are always gonna get the benefit of the doubt over defensive studs who can hit shots. Offensive superstars get paid in this league, they get the max dough, they get the keys to the franchise, they get the celebrity superstardom, they get the credit (and also the flack). Thats how it is, thats how its gon' be.

vCash
    Definitely reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC1PMNq6iII

****ing love Ron Artest.

And there might not be a better way to waste an hour of your life than to watch all these vids.

http://www.blazeoflove.com/2009/05/1...st-videos.html

vCash
    The main thing for Iman right is being consistent, you can't go 7 for 7 one game and then 0 for 7 the next.

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Kobe dis?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    Kobe dis?
    Kobe is great and has had an all-world career, but he is getting older and coming off an achilles injury. He will still be a tremendous player, but he's going to be heading downhill rapidly.

You look at the future of the SG position and you can see Shump at or near the top if he realizes his potential.

James Harden is a good measuring stick. Shumpert has the potential to be as good offensively, better defensively, but not as good of a playmaker as Harden.

When I say "as good" I mean same level, not they play the same way.

vCash
    Dude, Shump has nowhere even remotely close to Harden's offensive potential.

You serious with that bro?

Harden is an all-world ball handler, all world penetrator/finisher and tremendous passer off the bounce. Only thing Shump can do at a high level offensively is knock down open jump shots. Everything Harden thrives at, Shump sucks at. Harden was a 25ppg scorer last year, Shump scored 8ppg.

I mean I know I come off as homerish, but forreal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Dude, Shump has nowhere even remotely close to Harden's offensive potential.

You serious with that bro?

Harden is an all-world ball handler, all world penetrator/finisher and tremendous passer off the bounce. Only thing Shump can do at a high level offensively is knock down open jump shots. Everything Harden thrives at, Shump sucks at. Harden was a 25ppg scorer last year, Shump scored 8ppg.

I mean I know I come off as homerish, but forreal?
    First of all: Go look at Harden's first two years in the league. And having watched him because I liked him out of college, I know how he developed well.

Second: EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE, always ignores what kind of situation a player "grows up" in.

Durant was allowed to make every mistake in his first two years in the league and get all the shot opportunities and coaching to develop into a franchise player. The veterans on the team were frustrated and "sick of it" so much that there were some articles written about it at the time. They didn't like having to lose games and defer to a rookie so Durant could develop for the franchise while time was ticking on their careers.

Harden grew up in the same environment. Made all his mistakes and progressed over time.

Harden is entering his 5th year in the league, while Shump his third. Harden never had a major injury like Shump's. Shump has just had his first preseason and training camp because of injury and lockout. Shump doesn't have the same organizational framework of letting the player make all the mistakes and develop because they are gearing up to contend in the future.

Shump has that potential. He just needs the time and reps to develop, and most importantly the organization and coaching staff to have the belief in him to help him realize his potential.

I know very well how Harden melted in the playoffs. I know how many points he put up in Houston's fast paced, running offense. An offense that made the most of Harden's style of play.

Shump has the potential, just as Harden did 3 years ago.

vCash
    o boy... this is why people say Knick fans overrate their players...lol.

Shump has shown NOTHING to suggest he can even be a 16ppg scorer in this league, yet you're comparing him to a 27ppg scorer and saying he can be better?

I don't even see Shump becoming a 20ppg guy, but he can be a tony Allen type with a jumper that can occasionally get hot and score 20. and as weak as SG is right now, that's enough to put him in the top 10 potentially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    o boy... this is why people say Knick fans overrate their players...lol.

Shump has shown NOTHING to suggest he can even be a 16ppg scorer in this league, yet you're comparing him to a 27ppg scorer and saying he can be better?

I don't even see Shump becoming a 20ppg guy, but he can be a tony Allen type with a jumper that can occasionally get hot and score 20. and as weak as SG is right now, that's enough to put him in the top 10 potentially.
    Agreed. 16ppg is his peak IMO. 12-14 ppg for 6-8 years will most likely be his prime with stellar D and hopefully lights out 3 point shooting. That makes for a helluva player. But he ain't no #1 or #2 option. Harden always had the foundation for superstar offense. Shump never did and never will. Even though players develop, they still need the foundation to build off of and you see it from day 1.

vCash
    Now I know that Artest is crazy! Shump has skills but let's get real here.
    The Future!

vCash
    If you've watched Harden play on a regular bases you would never compare the two offensively. Harden draws fowls, hits threes creates his own shot, finishes. I watch both Iman and Harden play on a regular bases Shumpert is nowhere near the offensive talent Harden is.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 10-17-2013 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    Whoever just said he can be anywhere near harden...just...just...idk what to say to u

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Shump is nasty.. Going 2 b a stud?!! Let him grow people
    We got this!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast