Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Remaining schedule

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-...ining-schedule

Mike Triplett breaks down the Saints remaining schedule.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Man Phzuck the 49ers and Phzuck the Seahawks we bury them cocka roaches - (Drew Brees voice)
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    If this team can get some of the issues on offense fixed (Can't believe I said that) we shouldn't lose more than 3 of those take our division at 12-4

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250:27239777
    If this team can get some of the issues on offense fixed (Can't believe I said that) we shouldn't lose more than 3 of those take our division at 12-4
    Yep finally get a defense and now offense isnt as good as it was but at least we are a decently balanced team now.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    The next two games are huge. We will be heavily favored for sure. Bills and Jets, while they are playing better than expected, are not the Seahawks and Niners. We must take advantage of this portion.

vCash
    I'm now starting the to think the Saints will split with the Panthers (seems they always do) and lose to Seattle. I could also see another 1-2 losses.

vCash
    The Seattle game is going to be HUGE. Assuming we beat a struggling Atlanta on Thursday, we will play Seattle for what could be home field advantage in the NFC on Monday Night Football. This will be the biggest game of the year by far. Seattle will be coming off a bye and have an extra week to plan for us. We play on Thursday then Monday, and will have 4 extra days to prepare for them. We will be 9-2, they will be 10-1. If NO wins both teams will be 10-2 and the Saints will own the tiebreaker based on a head to head match-up. It is likely that these two teams have the bye week of the playoffs, and I'd bet these two teams face off in the NFC championship. Both teams are almost unstoppable at home and have amazing fans. The odds of us playing in a Super Bowl shootout in Denver jump way up if we can beat Seattle. There is a big difference playing the NFC championship game in the dome with our fans vs in their rain with their fans.

Seattle still needs to play at SF, we still need to play Carolina twice.

vCash
    One game at a time Magic, one game at a time! Let's enjoy kicking the 9ers azz's for a minute, and it's on to Atlanta after Wednesday nite!

-WhoDat-
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Take care of the division first.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~2~331229026~2

This is how I see the rest of the season playing out. The only reason I see the Saints and Seahawks finishing with the same record is I expect Seattle to rest in week 17 with home field locked up. I think Seattle loses in San Francisco and loses in New York. I think going across the country hurts them plus the Giants' defense is improving. Those games are back-to-back. I certainly expect them to lose one of them.

I think the Saints will split with Carolina. They always play close games. The Saints should be able to play fast in the Dome and win, but I think the Panthers have the advantage in Charlotte. I also feel as if the Saints are likely to lose in Seattle. I think they can win, but the odds are against them.

I have the Panthers finishing 12-4, too. The Saints take the tie-breaker. They'll have to go on the road and likely play a team with a worse record. The Saints had to do it in 2010, so I feel their pain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~2~331229026~2

This is how I see the rest of the season playing out. The only reason I see the Saints and Seahawks finishing with the same record is I expect Seattle to rest in week 17 with home field locked up. I think Seattle loses in San Francisco and loses in New York. I think going across the country hurts them plus the Giants' defense is improving. Those games are back-to-back. I certainly expect them to lose one of them.

I think the Saints will split with Carolina. They always play close games. The Saints should be able to play fast in the Dome and win, but I think the Panthers have the advantage in Charlotte. I also feel as if the Saints are likely to lose in Seattle. I think they can win, but the odds are against them.

I have the Panthers finishing 12-4, too. The Saints take the tie-breaker. They'll have to go on the road and likely play a team with a worse record. The Saints had to do it in 2010, so I feel their pain.
    I'm seeing something similar to this playing out as well. Playing Carolina twice in 3 weeks is a terrifying prospect right now. Their defense is ridiculous and Cam Newton is improving every week (and he's already dangerous and one of the most frustrating players in the league to go up against).

vCash
    Cam Jordan usually steps up his game against the Panthers. I remember the last game of 2011 where he was chasing Newton all over the field.

Mobile QBs haven't been as harmful to the Saints' D this season as they have been in seasons past. I think the Panthers win in Carolina by riding Williams and Stewart.

vCash
    Cam Jordan usually steps up his game against the Panthers. I remember the last game of 2011 where he was chasing Newton all over the field.

Mobile QBs haven't been as harmful to the Saints' D this season as they have been in seasons past. I think the Panthers win in Carolina by riding Williams and Stewart.
    yeah, I brought a sign in to the last game we played against them that year when Jordan really turned it on that said "Cam on Cam Violence!" and jumped around with it when Jordan got a sack or tackled Newton.

Have we played any mobile QB's so far? The only one off the top of my head is Geno Smith and the Jets running game was all over us. Didn't he rush for two TD's in that game? Regardless, Newton is a different breed from a lot of those guys. Hard to compare what he does to a lot of the others. If anyone is going to aim right at our biggest weaknesses (run defense), it'll be Carolina and Seattle. I think you're right there

vCash
    I was thinking of the Buffalo game when the read option was crushed on the first play. Kaepernick, though not as much as last season, has rushed for over 300 yards this season.

Smith only ran for 18 yards and threw for 115. I credit Ivory and Brees' 2 INTs more than Smith for the Jets winning.

vCash

Smith only ran for 18 yards and threw for 115. I credit Ivory and Brees' 2 INTs more than Smith for the Jets winning.
    I'll give you Geno's yardage wasn't great, except in the red zone (for TD's) but I'd argue that the threat of him running definitely helped Ivory a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast