Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are the Chiefs contenders or pretenders?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contenders

38 52.78%
  • Pretenders

34 47.22%
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kansas City Chiefs: Contender or Pretender?

The Chiefs are 6-0. They have an amazing defense. Its absolutely sick to watch their defense play.

However, their offense is pretty much close to non existant. Alex Smith is good at taking care of the football but that's pretty much it. Jamaal Charles has been their only legitmate threat on offense. He's doing it both, catching the ball and running the ball at a very high level. It has worked so far but will it continue against good teams? Can they keep winning and become a contender with just relying on Charles and their defense to win them games?

This reminds me of the Titans back when they had Kerry Collins and Chris Johnson with an amazing defense. That team worked so it is possible that KC can follow that route. Collins and Alex Smith are similar....they both excel at the 5 yard passes and dump offs lol.

IMO, no. I don't think KC is all that great. The 6 teams they have beaten have a combined 10 wins...just 10 wins! Their defense is very good but I think their offense will let them down as the season goes on and when start playing some better teams (play DEN & SD twice each, then games against Indy and maybe Washington if RG III figures it out by then). I don't think Charles can continue to carry the load completely by himself like this and this article supports that theory

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/13...-continue.html

So what do you think about KC? Contenders or pretenders?

vCash
    I will say pretenders, they do have a great defense but their offense is not great at all. Charles is pretty good but their passing offense is very weak, with today's NFL you have to have a good passing game!!

vCash
    Pretenders.

Good O's will figure out their D and KC's O can't keep up in a shoot out.

This is a game I'm looking forward to; the Chargers av. D will hold Smith and Co. with stopping the run our best attribute. Philip Rivers and McCoy will work out their D.

vCash
    KC is good because of their defense. But I think their defense will only take them so far. However, they are a piece or two away on offense from being very legit contenders.

vCash
    Contenders. That defense is ****ing nasty.

I don't see then getting to the Super Bowl though.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    KC is good because of their defense. But I think their defense will only take them so far. However, they are a piece or two away on offense from being very legit contenders.
    Like a QB, that is a big step to contenders??

vCash
    They'll make it to the playoffs but the first team to score 30 plus points against them will win. They COULD be contenders if their D can hold opposing teams to 25 pts or less up to and in the SB but Denver would more than likely outscore them.

vCash

Kansas City Chiefs: Contender or Pretender?

I can't see them getting past Denver but they could play them in the AFC championship

vCash
    I wouldnt call them Pretenders but they are a very good safe team. A team you would see from the 80's.

The Chiefs have played a Super Easy Schedule so far.

They only have 3 tough games all year, Broncos twice and the Colts.

vCash
    KC and NO in the SB. Peyton will choke like he always does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags:27224436
    KC and NO in the SB. Peyton will choke like he always does.
    Dont see KC getting past the Pats. I say NO Pats SB.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Hmm... Good Defense Not So Good Offense... Jets of the '09, '10 years?? Naa Dude Can protect the football

vCash
    Run the ball, stuff the run, don't turn it over and win at home. That will win in the NFL.

vCash
    I say pretenders. This kinda happens every year with different teams, a bad team will rise to prominence only to falter later on or in the playoffs. It is, however, very impressive to go from worst team in the league last year to undefeated so far, but were not even half way through the season, most teams haven't even hit their stride yet.

vCash
    We won't be an elite team until we get out offense figured out. But if the jets and 9ers teams of the past can make noise in the past, I think we can.

I mean our defense is just stupid.. NT is playing at an all pro level.. 3 pro bowl linebackers with 2 on pace for 15+ sacks.. Our 4th best corner is Dunta Robinson.. And then our 3rd and 4th safety have both started in the league. It's gonna be interesting if we can keep the core together

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast