Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Don Baylor Angels New Hitting Coach

@MikeDiGiovanna: Can confirm that Don Baylor will be new #Angels hitting coach. Held same position with Arizona. @nickpiecoro reported first.

@Alden_Gonzalez: At first blush, love the hire. Well-respected former player who #Dbacks hitters loved working with. Dipoto knows him, Sosh respects him.

@JeffFletcherOCR: #Angels make it official. Don Baylor is the new hitting coach.

@VictorRojas29: #Angels name Don Baylor as their hitting coach.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Nice.

vCash
    Team wOBA in 2013: .325, 4th best in all of baseball.
    Team FIP in 2013: 4.08, 8th worst in all of baseball.

Hitting was not the area we needed to improve in. The only teams with a worse FIP than us: Cubs, Brewers, White Sox, Twins, Blue Jays, Orioles, Astros, in that order. What do all of them have in common? They're not playing right now, just like us.

Moreno, DiPo, and Scioscia need to improve the pitching, or we're going to be watching other teams play in October 2014, too.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Team wOBA in 2013: .325, 4th best in all of baseball.
    Team FIP in 2013: 4.08, 8th worst in all of baseball.

Hitting was not the area we needed to improve in. The only teams with a worse FIP than us: Cubs, Brewers, White Sox, Twins, Blue Jays, Orioles, Astros, in that order. What do all of them have in common? They're not playing right now, just like us.

Moreno, DiPo, and Scioscia need to improve the pitching, or we're going to be watching other teams play in October 2014, too.
    And this is with missing Aybar for big points of time, Hamilton sucking, Pujols being hurt, and Trumbo only being good for homeruns. Plus we traded our 3rd basemen.

I get what your saying though, the pitching sucked and it has to improve.

vCash
    Aybar sucks.

vCash
    I am sure Don will be a great hitting coach for us this year. He has to smack Alberto and Josh around, then
    have Mark from swigging at every pitch, so I can see great things coming next season.