Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Warriors, Bogut begins negotiations

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/1...-negotiations/

IMO there are some advantages and disadvantages for both parties talking negotiations this early.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash

Warriors, Bogut begins negotiations

He will get hurt again and again and again... And the warriors will regret this

vCash
    Yikes, would not want to be in Golden States shoes right now.

Hopefully they can form some type of incentive based, partially guaranteed contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    Don't see how they get around paying him. When healthy he's a top 5 center and very important to their team defense. Without him there aren't really any title hopes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    Yikes, would not want to be in Golden States shoes right now.

Hopefully they can form some type of incentive based, partially guaranteed contract.
    i have a feeling that Warriors are forced to negotiate with Bogut now rather than see how healthy he would be throughtout the season. we all know that the Warriors pursuit Howard eventhough they still have Bogut on board. i know Bogut have said somewhere that it's just ok with him and it's all business but if i was in his shoe, i'll won't feel ok with it, just ask Omer Asik.

they are trying to lock him up now and avoid letting him go through free agency eventhough Bogut has been banged up throughout his career.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    I think its a good move from both sides.

Bogut's injuries were both Freakish Accidents and not Chronic. The reason why he's been on and off is because he rushed himself back and never really fully recovered. He has never been a player where his conditioning or effort was a problem.

Everyone was Ripping the Warriors when they Re-Upped Steph Curry to a 4 year 44 million dollar contract. His Ankle Injuries were worse. His contract now is a complete Bargain.

vCash
    Tricky contract to give out, perhaps the toughest contract to offer in all the NBA. When he's healthy he's a top 5 defensive center and one of the smarter players on the court (good passer for a big).

But the injuries are worrisome.

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    They have to keep him.

vCash
    Warriors have a habit of overpaying for Centers... Biedrins, Kwame Brown, etc.. Bogut is in for a huge payday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Warriors have a habit of overpaying for Centers... Biedrins, Kwame Brown, etc.. Bogut is in for a huge payday.
    Whole new ownership/management.

I'd prefer to take advantage of Bogut's contract year and not sign him too early for too much. Hopefully they're shrewd about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Whole new ownership/management.

I'd prefer to take advantage of Bogut's contract year and not sign him too early for too much. Hopefully they're shrewd about this.
    Actually the Kwame Brown signing was under the current management and GM.

The reality is how many playoff caliber teams have the cap space this summer to offer Bogut double digits per year? Mavericks, maybe... if you even consider them playoff caliber still... Lakers? But the Warriors will find a way to bid against themselves.

I'd rather let him walk to the Pelicans than pay him what I know they will pay him. I fully expect a 3yr $35M extension.

vCash
    3 years 36-40 million sounds about right. Bogut is in the best shape of his life right now and I think his injuries are behind him.

Bogut Dominated the Nuggets last year in the playoffs on one leg.

vCash

The reality is how many playoff caliber teams have the cap space this summer to offer Bogut double digits per year? Mavericks, maybe... if you even consider them playoff caliber still... Lakers? But the Warriors will find a way to bid against themselves.

I'd rather let him walk to the Pelicans than pay him what I know they will pay him. I fully expect a 3yr $35M extension.
    That's true looking at it. One of the first deals before they got Bogut. But just 1 year, those are classic overpays.

As far as 3 year 35 million, that would be about as ideal of a contract as you could get for him if he stays close to as healthy as he looks right now. He'll likely see 12-13 mil per no matter where he is.

vCash
    Actually it wasn't. When Kwame was signed Bob Myers (the current GM) was only the assistant GM. We signed Kwame around late 2011, Myers didn't become the GM until early 2012 (April?). Plus, we were intitially chasing Chandler, Deandre, and Gasol. Kwame was the guy left over.

People don't give Myers enough credit for what he's done with this team since becoming GM. He traded for Jack and signed Landry which aided us in our playoff run last year, he drafted Draymond and Barnes, locked up Curry who is now an absolute steal, and pulled off a sign and trade for the second best perimeter defender in the league after Lebron (Andre Iguodala), plus the signing of Douglas, Speights and O'Neal this season on good contracts, then the youth we have developing now. We're a very young team. This guy is a good GM and he's only getting started.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see us pay more than Bogut might be worth right now. First of all, if they've seen him in practice and scrimmage games and think he's going to be healthy then you just give him whatever he wants, because when he was healthy he was a top 5 big man and big men at that level are a rarity right now.

If he's not healthy I can still see us giving him 10 mil a year, why? Because what options do we have? He's the first high-caliber big man we've had on our roster for a LONG time. There's not a lot of big men on his level in the league and even fewer that are free agents. Our defense in the post-season was anchored by his work in the paint, the team we have now just can't operate at the same level without that presence in the paint.

We're not the Miami Heat, we don't have every free agent in the world sucking our dicks for a spot on the bench.
    Last edited by Goose17; 10-16-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    He's mostly been screwed over by freak accidents, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast