Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should Edmonton move Nail Yakupov?

He's 20 years and was the first overall pick in 2012. He's scoreless through 5 and has been a healthy scratch thus far. I think that's okay for a player that turned 20 years old a couple weeks ago but then you factor in soem other things. They have tons of potential stars with Eberle, Hall and Nugent-Hopkins up front. The goaltending is crap and the defense is absolutely brutal.

On the wing Edmonton has Eberle, Hall, Smyth, Hemsky, Perron, Acrobello, and Joensuu seems interesting. In the middle they've got Hopkins, Gagner and Gordon. Three legit top nine centres who can play #1 (Gagner or Hopkins), #2 and Gordon is a solid #3.

Yakupov had 31 points (17 goals) in 48 last season.

vCash
    I think Yakupov for Myers, and Miller (should he agree to re-sign) is interesting.

vCash
    One of the young guys is going to have to be moved eventually. I think it comes down to Yak, Gagner, Eberle. People have been overreacting like crazy about him being sat for two games. He'll be fine.

It's honestly been impossible to properly evaluate this team because the goaltending has been absolutely atrocious. They've played well in every game (minus the Vancouver debacle) and should have at least 2-3 more wins.
    Proud Member of the Black Hole

vCash
    Hemsky and Smyth would obviously be the first ones shopped around, but if a team comes with a big offer Edmonton has to look at it I think.

vCash
    But Edmonton doesn't need all three of these big wingers that are going to cost money. They have the offense now. They need goaltending and defense. Why wait? Yakupov isn't doing much right now but still has HUGE value. Eberle,

You add in Ryan Miller and Tyler Myers for example, and your team is better right off of the bat. And for the record, I know about Myers' struggles over the past few years.

vCash
    If they want actual value back they'd move him. Sure they could get a few nice pieces for Hemsky, Smyth, Smid, etc. but nothing really big like they would get for Yakupov.

vCash
    i think myers struggling is a result of being sick of buffalo and a change of scenery could help his career

vCash
    Hamilton and Subban - thats a lot of talent to give up (obv a ton back too) but the bruins are in need of a young scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    But Edmonton doesn't need all three of these big wingers that are going to cost money. They have the offense now. They need goaltending and defense. Why wait? Yakupov isn't doing much right now but still has HUGE value. Eberle,

You add in Ryan Miller and Tyler Myers for example, and your team is better right off of the bat. And for the record, I know about Myers' struggles over the past few years.
    thats great for Edmonton but do you really think Buffalo would ever pay that much 4 him?? Miller is more valuable then Yakupov, Myers and Leino would be interesting.

vCash
    as a Bruins fan i would do Hamilton for him. Bruins get a young goal scorer and the Oilers get a young offensive d-man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    thats great for Edmonton but do you really think Buffalo would ever pay that much 4 him?? Miller is more valuable then Yakupov, Myers and Leino would be interesting.
    But buffalo needs a restart with young potential star players. Aging Miller is a good trade asset.

vCash
    Miller is more valuable than Yakupov? Say what?

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Look, the Oilers aren't trading a #1 overall pick who has played less then a full season of NHL hockey for a past his prime netminder in the final year of his contract.

It's as simple as that.
    Proud Member of the Black Hole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinn View Post
    Look, the Oilers aren't trading a #1 overall pick who has played less then a full season of NHL hockey for a past his prime netminder in the final year of his contract.

It's as simple as that.
    Then why is he being scratched consistently?

vCash
    The Oilers can have anyone from the Rangers not named McDonagh or Lundqvist for him.... (and yeah, I know thats not saying much)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast