Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 Years

vCash

20 Years

Been 20 years this team has bought me nothing but misery. They tried everything, 3 rebuilding programs, Moneyball theory. Just can't win. It's one excuse after another. I am a very distant fan of the game now. 20 years with no chance of winning just too long too go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Been 20 years this team has bought me nothing but misery. They tried everything, 3 rebuilding programs, Moneyball theory. Just can't win. It's one excuse after another. I am a very distant fan of the game now. 20 years with no chance of winning just too long too go
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 10-16-2013 at 06:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I realize now...Jays will never win regardless of moves they make. In 20 years of trying hard this team hasn't been even remotely close to pennant race. It's not like the Pirates or Royals...teams that wouldn't spend money. Jays have one of higher payrolls in baseball.

Has to be something to it....a crazy tough division with little room for error to compete. Jays are behind 8-ball to start. By playing on turf, inabiity to lure big name free agents here, no top end coaches/managers. Maybe decent - good managers but not among best in game.

Whatever the reasons we have tried everything and anything over last 20 years with similar results.

vCash
    Must be the curse of the .... Something ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    Must be the curse of the .... Something ....
    The strike. We were defending champs when the strike happened.

vCash
    K bye.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Good - see ya later... at least one less person to make idiotic posts like this....

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I have no words? Is this a testimonial or a rant, cause it ain't no thread...imo

vCash
    On the plus side, when (if?) they win, it will be way more satisfying for the fans that stick with the team through thick and thin. That's how 1992 felt for me (fan since '84).

vCash
    How important is baseball, a game , to cause you all this pain and grief. Its a game not to be taken too seriously.Why is this a thread??? Better still why am I in it??????

vCash
    Because it's been a slow off season, which essentially started in August

vCash
    Yet he will probably support a Leaf team that hasnt's won over 40 years despite having a huge payroll advantage for most of that time. Dont get me wrong, I will support all Toronto sports that I can. I just wont complain about them struggling when they are clearly trying to win.

vCash
    Yeah, right. I ain't getting fooled again this year. Jays fans would have to be idiots to think Anthopoulos can get Jays in playoffs. He can't judge talent. Didn't have slightest clue what he had in Gomes. Why move a good coach like Butterfield? Why hand a divisional rival a key piece to their puzzle. For Aviles in return? Lined his rotation with sore arm pitchers. Bumped payroll like crazy and cut his farm system in half and expected to win with Arencibia as his catcher and Bonifacio at 2b. That was just a waste of money and perfectly good prosspects! Traded for NL players from weak division and expected similar numbers from them coming to tougher league and toughest division ever. That guy doesn't have a clue! He'll be gone by September.

vCash
    Dear lord you spew a lot of crap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast