Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Bulls shopping Marquis Teague?; Jazz and Wolves show interest

The Bulls are "none too subtly" shopping PG Marquis Teague, according to Mark Deeks of ShamSports.com.

The Bulls intend to make Mike James their third-string PG this year, which makes Teague an expendable trade chip. The Jazz jump to mind as a team desperate for PG help, and the Wolves were also reportedly interested but have since 'cooled' after being unimpressed with Teague's play. No matter where he lands, it's hard to envision him as a fantasy asset.
    rotoworld

http://beta.thescore.com/nba/news/321948

vCash
    i cant see that we would get anything for him unless its in a larger package,but still glad we're trying

vCash
    we arent going to get anything this year. Its better if we wait until next year to see how he performs during the season
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    Not sure what the point is; Teague's cheap, and with Hinrich's health a question mark and even Rose's, i'd much rather trust a young player in Teague to play heavy minutes when needed (see Nate Robinson last year) than Mike James.

Also, Teague's cheap as ****. Hinrich doesn't need to be resigned next year at all; Rose/Teague as your PG rotation is perfect for the next 3 seasons. You trade Teague when he starts showing promise like Bledsoe or Dragic did playing as a backup to Paul/Nash respectively. Heck, even Darren Collison playing behind Paul in NOH too.

vCash
    No brainer if you can get a first round pick in next years draft with it being so deep but that's also why a team probably won't give one up for him.

vCash
    Guess they don't think Teague has shown enough plus there won't be room for him to truly develop . Like I said before either James was going to make the team and keep him or Teague was gonna get traded . Just don't trust him especially with this teams injury history . Lakers could be a team or maybe Orlando who could use a young PG . Get a pick or a cheap big in return if you can. James has the cheaper contract and more trust worthy this season for the Bulls who are in a win now mode with the upcoming team overhaul .
    Last edited by Stunner; 10-15-2013 at 08:09 PM.

vCash
    Fred Pfieffer of the Chicago Bulls eye loves to tell the story of how watching Teague in warm ups at a Wizards game he was simply dancing along the side lines while everyone else on the Bulls was professionally going through the lay up line, getting their shots in, or stretching out. Just one guy, sort of separated from the group, goofing around, not buying in the dynamic.
    The thing is, Marquis Teague was a complete after thought in preseason until Derrick Rose missed a game. The Bulls didn't even look like they were trying to see what he could do before then. He was getting less playing time than Erik Murphy who, IMO, likely doesn't belong in the NBA.

When asked about the bench at media day, Marquis Teague's name was not mentioned by Tom Thibodeau.

So while the theory of Teague slotting in as a future backup PG makes sense. My guess is the Bulls have seen enough where they aren't going to chance it. They're in win now mode and will likely look to bring back Hinrich if he has a successful season rather than take a risk on Teague playing well for them given what they've seen.
    http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bu...arquis-teague/

vCash
    What about Boozer, Teague, Snell & Charlotte Pick for Greg Monroe & Luigi Datome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    Guess they don't think Teague has shown enough plus there won't be room for him to truly develop
    Damn - guess these two posts and that article sums up the Bulls' FO opinion on Teague huh? I have to say, i'm somewhat surprised by this. If they truly think Teague's not cut out for Thibs' system, and is not the player they hoped for, then I completely support their decision.

With that said though - the basis of dealing Teague would be because we are in win-now mode. So, if we don't trade Teague for a guy that would help us win now (Brandon Rush, Anthony Morrow, Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, etc) then there's no point to deal him because he doesn't have a ton of value right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    What about Boozer, Teague, Snell & Charlotte Pick for Greg Monroe & Luigi Datome
    Detroit's not dealing Monroe for anything less than a sure-thing, he's too good of a player. The Pistons just spent money in free agency so they're not looking for a rebuild package.

vCash
    Bad pick, we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him..

vCash
    For a big that I think could be had is Kyle O'Quinn from the Magic . A deal straight up would be fair and maybe a swap of 2nd round picks for next year . He's a solid back up and I've been impressed by him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah's_Ark View Post
    Bad pick, we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him..
    How is it a bad pick? It's not even fair to evaluate him yet; Plus, let's remember that he was drafted 30th overall right? I feel like it's getting to the point where the Bulls' FO will never be allowed to have a bad draft pick, even if every pick is at the end of the 1st round. It seems that the Bulls' FO will be overly-criticized unless they have an immaculate record on drafting good players going forward.

Not saying you are doing this, but as a whole this is the feeling that I think will overtake the majority of the fanbase if the Bulls fail to win a championship this season or the next, and it's disappointing

vCash
    It would be dumb to trade him now (obviously unless there's something good out there we can get for him). He's cheap, under contract for a few years and has a lot of untapped potential.

He was the best player available at our pick when we took him, only 20 years old, give him some time.

vCash
    I think he can definitely be a legitimate player given the right circumstance. He has really good handles, average court vision and although his jumper has been questionable, it's been getting better and we all know that a jumper is one of the easier things to improve. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I wish the kid the best though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast