Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

PUP/Practice Squad/Roster Activation Thread

I figured we could make some thread for this so I don't jump the gun again on something like King lol.

First we lost Charles Johnson. We brought Reggie Dunn back after.

Now we activated TE Jake Stoneburner after the Cobb/Jones injuries.

Not sure how I feel about that though I think there has to be more to it. (How we plan on using Finley, how Stoneburner has been playing, possibly someone else wanted him? Future moves?)

Anyways we also have PUP coming.

Sean Richardson

Jerel Worthy

JC Tretter

Derek Sherrod

I'm not greatly opposed to sending all of them to IR honestly.

But I think now is about the time they can start practicing.

Thoughts on PUP and Stoneburner's activation?

http://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart.html

There's our depth chart for ease of looking who to release for anyone coming off PUP.
    Last edited by Norm; 10-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    I didn't realize we still had Lane Taylor. I would cut him for Sherrod if Sherrod seems like he's ready. Then again we don't really NEED him either.

Worthy is interesting. I can't even recall his injury to be honest. but I wouldn't mind throwing him in the mix. But I don't know who I release for him. Wilson I guess? I have no idea.

Richardson seems like someone if he was on the 53 I'd push to see on the field but where is he at right now? Is he worth cutting anyone at safety even as bad as they've been. I'm not sure.

I have doubts Tretter is ready. If he is I'd love for him to be on the roster to get work the rest of the year but can we make it work...IDK.

Speculation we will bring Tyrone Walker to the PS to fill Stoneburner's spot.

vCash
    I imagine Michael Hill would be the first to go if GB brings back a player from PUP. Then depending on what GB's plan with Stoneburner, he would be the next.

I'm interested to see what is going on with Sean Richardson. I really liked the kid before he got hurt. He had all the physical traits, that is for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    I imagine Michael Hill would be the first to go if GB brings back a player from PUP. Then depending on what GB's plan with Stoneburner, he would be the next.

I'm interested to see what is going on with Sean Richardson. I really liked the kid before he got hurt. He had all the physical traits, that is for sure.
    Totally forgot about Hill. Yeah he should be released. Is he being released for Stoneburner or were we at 52 for something I already forgot?

I thought Richardson looked like a total ST demon to me in college, and I thought little more but he quickly started to flash potential to start.

He's a freaking damned good athlete. I checked his combine numbers.

6 foot 3. Almost 4.4 flat and a 39 vert.

And he plays alike a "football player" not just an athlete.

vCash
    @SpoonWFRV: NFL Source tells us WR Myles White will be promoted to #packers active roster.

vCash
    Dang, Greg Salas was available until earlier today.

vCash
    Charles Johnson looks like an idiot now.
    Quote Originally Posted by percyhoward View Post
    I must have misunderstood the smily. I thought I was offering him an orange.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ValuePick View Post
    Charles Johnson looks like an idiot now.
    Heh, timing really stinks doesn't it?

I see DEN released a guy who's a 34OLB fit. I'd laugh if we signed him heh.

vCash
    @TomSilverstein: #Packers WR Randall Cobb has been put on injured reserve / designated to return, according to NFL source. Can return to practice in 6 weeks

vCash
    @TomSilverstein: Here's why the Stoneburner move was made: TE Jermichael Finley is going to be playing a lot of WR with Cobb gone. #Packers

Figured.

I remember I got an alert on my phone about a workout that I could NEVER find online again. A linebacker.

We put him on the PS.

LB Victor Aiyewa

a 6-foot-1, 237-pound first-year player out of the University of Washington, entered the NFL as a non-drafted free agent with Tampa Bay in July 2011 and spent time with the Buccaneers during training camp that season. He earned honorable mention All-Pacific-10 honors as a senior in 2010, recording 83 tackles, including 22.5 for a loss. Aiyewa will wear No. 54 for the Packers.

vCash
    If Jerel Worthy is good to go, I would really like to work him back into the rotation. I'm hoping Sherrod can give us something... anything!

I was thinking since the Browns stole Charles Johnson from us, why don't we snag Tori Gurley back from their PS. That's if the King signing doesn't happen. Too bad Johnson signed with the Browns... I really thought if given the opportunity he could have blown the top off coverages!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    If Jerel Worthy is good to go, I would really like to work him back into the rotation. I'm hoping Sherrod can give us something... anything!

I was thinking since the Browns stole Charles Johnson from us, why don't we snag Tori Gurley back from their PS. That's if the King signing doesn't happen. Too bad Johnson signed with the Browns... I really thought if given the opportunity he could have blown the top off coverages!
    King is toast. They released someone for him already.

We brought up White and Stoneburner. Seems that's where we're at for now.

Sherrod is such a curiosity. There's nowhere for him to start and I'd have to think Newhouse is still the swing tackle reserve.

But I don't know......maybe they work him for a week and like what they see but he's really only insurance for two injuries at OT at this moment.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqPSHVL7A8M

Interesting......video never shows him take on a block though.

vCash
    Anyone noticed we put gvr on IR?

vCash
    Why not Joe Adams or Cobi Hamilton for WR's? Adams is a FA and Hamilton is riding the PS for cinci........i know they havent proven anything but there is potential

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast