Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the third best forward in the league?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pavel Datsyuk

9 40.91%
  • Evgeni Malkin

5 22.73%
  • Steven Stamkos

5 22.73%
  • Marty St. Louis

0 0%
  • John Tavares

0 0%
  • Claude Giroux

0 0%
  • Jonathon Toews

2 9.09%
  • Patrick Kane

1 4.55%
  • Phil Kessel

0 0%
  • Ryan Getzlaf

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

PSD's Top 30 Forwards: #3

1. Sidney Crosby
    2. Alex Ovechkin
    3. XXXXX

Ovechkin wins the second poll. Who is the third best forward in the league?
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    went with stamkos

vCash
    Last 3 years

Stamkos:

10-11: 45-45-91
    11-12: 60-37-97
    12-13: 29-28-57

St. Louis:

10-11: 31-68-99
    11-12: 25-49-74 (77 games)
    12-13: 17-43-60

What do the numbers say? St. Louis has outproduced Stamkos 2 of the last 3 years. You could argue Stamkos isn't even the best forward on his own team (and that's not a bad thing with St. Louis on your team). Stamkos, for the most part, plays with an elite playmaker. Of course his stats are going be majorly helped by this. Give Datsyuk a good goal scorer and see what happens. Oh wait, we did see what happens in 08-09. Playing with Hossa, Datsyuk put up 97 points and won the Selke. Since then he's mostly played with inconsistent players like Franzen and Bertuzzi, or just straight up bad players like Abdelkder (until this year) and Cleary. Give him an elite goal scorer, or even just a very good goal scorer like Hossa, and his stats go through the roof. Not to mention, Datsyuk's defensive game is leagues ahead of Stamkos'. Stamkos can mostly focus on offense, Datsyuk is tasked with shutting down other lines while still having to be the main source of offense. For me, it's pretty easily Datsyuk here.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    I think its time Datsyuk enter the rankings. The guy routinely makes unbelievable plays, and his game is complete. To be honest, I'd rank him #1, but I got here a lil late.

Put Thornton on the list
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    are you really trying to make an argument that St. Louis is better then Stamkos?? that's non sense.
    anyway, I picked Stamkos here.

vCash
    St. Louis wouldn't have a lot of those assists if Stamkos wasn't the elite goal scorer he is. As far as I'm concerned he is the most dangerous and accurate sniper in the league, maybe topped only by Ovechkin.

I went with Datsyuk here. Hands down.

G H O S T B E A R

vCash
    I have no problem with anyone picking Datsyuk here.
    I think forwards are more defensive now then ever. A lot of players in the past were one dimensional and people didn't criticize that as much. Now I think its more expected of your players to play both sides of the ice and they do.
    when you think of Stamkos, you think Tampa Bay is a one dimensional team and he is a one dimensional player but if you watch them play you'll find out that its not true.

vCash
    I'm going with Geno here.

vCash
    The fact that Stamkos has any votes is stupid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    The fact that Stamkos has any votes is stupid
    its stupid for others to have an opinion that isnt yours?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-50 View Post
    its stupid for others to have an opinion that isnt yours?
    Take St. Louis away from Stamkos and he scores 40 a year.

vCash
    Take St. Louis away from Stamkos and he scores 40 a year.
    stamkos is a deadly shooter and will get his regardless but it does help to have somebody like st louis to play with him but why is it stupid to vote for him? so i like stamkos more that datsyuk does that mean i dont know more about hockey than you?

vCash
    I honestly have 4 more guys ahead of Stamkos

vCash
    I honestly have 4 more guys ahead of Stamkos
    and thats your opinion but why is it stupid? still never answered

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-50 View Post
    and thats your opinion but why is it stupid? still never answered
    I'm not calling you stupid or your opinion stupid. IMO it's stupid that he has any votes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast