Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Buffalo is now 0-6-1

Buffalo is now 0-6-1. They look awful. You have one line doing work. I watched a bit of the game today against Minnesota and the home crowd was booing for a big pretty portion of the second frame. Minnesota was flat out dominating. Buffalo was turning the puck over on the PP, getting out-worked on their PP and were creating little to no chances.

Ryan Miller is 0-4 with a save percentage at .941% and a GAA of 2.29. Jhonas Enroth is 0-2-1 with a save percentage at .909% and a GAA of 2.26.

Tomas Vanek and Cody Hodgson are the only two players with 2+ points. Only 5 players have at least 2 points.

Tomas Vanek and Ryan Miller are both upcoming UFAs. Vanek is 29 and Miller is 32. How long before these guys are traded? I can't see a reason for either of them to re-sign. They're both in their peak area and are stuck in one of the absolute worst situations in the league right now. Buffalo is not going anywhere. There's only so much that the goaltending can do. Which place makes sense for these guys?

Buffalo has 7 goals in 7 games. Steve Ott and Drew Stafford have combined for 2 points (1 goal). Tyler Myers and Christian Erhoff have yet to register a point. Tyler Myers is -7. The only plus players are Christian Ehrhoff at +2 and Mark Pysyk at +1.
    Last edited by BranWingss; 10-15-2013 at 05:26 AM.

vCash
    i think miller is gone in a month or so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-50 View Post
    i think miller is gone in a month or so
    I think they will have a tough time trading Vanek, any team that trades for him is going to want him to resign and he has stated his desire to play for the wild next season. Unless a contender wants to rent him for the year, i guess that would be possible, but it will reduce the compensation the sabres will receive. they should probably get what they can for him before he leaves for nothing.

vCash
    Will you find me a link of him straight up saying this? If not, can we stop the Vanke is automatically going to Minnesota talks. It's already annoying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Will you find me a link of him straight up saying this? If not, can we stop the Vanke is automatically going to Minnesota talks. It's already annoying.
    all i heard was he wanted to play there because thats where he started playing hockey in the USA and where his wife is from and that they would like to move closer to home but i never saw a video or article of him saying straight up he is going there 100%

vCash
    all i heard was he wanted to play there because thats where he started playing hockey in the USA and where his wife is from and that they would like to move closer to home but i never saw a video or article of him saying straight up he is going there 100%
    Exactly. Buffalo just gave Vanek the C. Obviously that wasn't going to happen if he straight up said this. Minnesota has big contracts to 4 players and then you have Coyle/Granlund/Brodin who are going to need contracts soon. Vanek to Minnesota isn't a sure thing.

vCash
    Exactly. Buffalo just gave Vanek the C. Obviously that wasn't going to happen if he straight up said this. Minnesota has big contracts to 4 players and then you have Coyle/Granlund/Brodin who are going to need contracts soon. Vanek to Minnesota isn't a sure thing.
    also good point i dont see them trying number crunch with all those players then add vanek who will get a max contract

vCash
    i can see vanek signing in columbus i dunno just me

vCash
    Why would he straight up say im going to MN when hes under contract with the sabres? that would be stupid and considered tampering. You make a thread talking about Vanek and Miller changing teams then get annoyed when someone suggests the obvious..Also, I dont remember any saying it was automatic, just that it makes a lot of sense.

Vanek lives in MN and does off season training with his best friend -Jason Pominville.
    He went to the U of M.
    Wild can clear about 7+ mill in cap space next year with Heatley coming off the books.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/let-...ughts-preview/

"Wild vs. Sabres

Former Sabres captain Jason Pominville returns to Buffalo with the Minnesota Wild.

But the bigger story is that Buffalo’s Thomas Vanek is facing the Wild.

That’s because the whole hockey world is convinced that the pending free agent will sign with the Wild next summer. After all, he played college hockey in Minnesota.

Also, Pominville is his friend and he re-upped for $28 million over five years after the Sabres traded him to Minnesota last spring.

Let’s hope that Vanek doesn’t get confused and accidentally go to the Wild’s bench after the second intermission."

vCash
    also good point i dont see them trying number crunch with all those players then add vanek who will get a max contract
    Well they've got 4 big contracts actually not including Dany Heatley. You have Koivu, Pominville, Suter, and Parise. You then have a #2 defenseman who is 20 that's going to get seriously paid. Then kids like Nino, Coyle, Dumba, and Granlund. About 5M on the two goaltenders together. Veterans on the team are getting paid or should be like Cooke, and Brodziak.

Vanek is not a lock. I understand going closer to home and all, but Minny is just not a lock. I think Nashville is an interesting place.

vCash
    http://www.thomasvanek.com/theman.php

And the NHL? Always Buffalo or is there a favorite team you would like to get traded to sometime?

TV: "At the moment I am simply happy that my dream of playing in the NHL has come true. No matter where. Maybe later in my career I would enjoy playing in Minnesota because I have built a house there and all my friends and my girlfriend lives there. But I have no dream club."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlessU View Post
    Why would he straight up say im going to MN when hes under contract with the sabres? that would be stupid and considered tampering. You make a thread talking about Vanek and Miller changing teams then get annoyed when someone suggests the obvious..Also, I dont remember any saying it was automatic, just that it makes a lot of sense.

Vanek lives in MN and does off season training with his best friend -Jason Pominville.
    He went to the U of M.
    Wild can clear about 7+ mill in cap space next year with Heatley coming off the books.

"Wild vs. Sabres

Former Sabres captain Jason Pominville returns to Buffalo with the Minnesota Wild.

That’s because the whole hockey world is convinced that the pending free agent will sign with the Wild next summer. After all, he played college hockey in Minnesota.

Also, Pominville is his friend and he re-upped for $28 million over five years after the Sabres traded him to Minnesota last spring.

Let’s hope that Vanek doesn’t get confused and accidentally go to the Wild’s bench after the second intermission."
    its not set in stone so many times you would think a player signs somewhere and the last minute signs with another team and the annoying part is everytime vaneks name is mentioned him going to minnesota follows how would you know where he goes unless you are or close to vanek personally and he told you

vCash

He went to the U of M.

"Wild vs. Sabres

I'm not mad at all. Not in the slighest way. For you to think that no team will put up a good package because he's 95% going to your team and won't re-sign elsewhere is crazy. You keep pointing to Dany Heatley's expiring contract but haven't mentioned the kids that are going to get paid shortly. I guess you'd be trading 2 or so but you still have Brodin. You're looking at 5M per there.

vCash

And the NHL? Always Buffalo or is there a favorite team you would like to get traded to sometime?

TV: "At the moment I am simply happy that my dream of playing in the NHL has come true. No matter where. Maybe later in my career I would enjoy playing in Minnesota because I have built a house there and all my friends and my girlfriend lives there. But I have no dream club."
    Interesting. So if a team with more cap comes along, offers him money, a better chance to win, and is semi-close to Minnesota, what happens?

vCash

lol how many times do player want to play for hometown teams but end up not playing there you know how many players would want to play for the leafs or habs or whoever and never got the opportunity too? its just the business part of things

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast