Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Time to worry about Richardson yet?

It's his 4th game, and he really hasn't wowed me yet. I get the first game against San Fran was his first game, limited snaps etc..but against the Jags and Chargers he should have run all over them. Is he really not that great, or is it the line?

He showed promise on one run today, but it just seems he likes to dance around in the backfield instead of hitting the hole hard.

I'm not really worried yet, but I really think he needs to show us something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

vCash
    Not at all, it was actually his best production as a Colt.

10 carries 40 yards
    1 catch 13 yards

They got behind early and the Offense barely got on the field only to go 3 and out and have to abandon the run. Only one run I didn't like by him was when he plowed right into his own blocker and tried to make a hole where there was none.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Richardson is a between-the-tackle runner. The Colts have no between-the-tackle blockers. It's a recipe for failure.

vCash
    He never even tried to break one outside. He just keeps plowing into his own line. So damn frustrating. Its sad when Ryan Matthews out rushes you.

vCash
    I heard something before this game that something like 75% of his runs with us have come on 1st down and short yardage. He doesn't have the benefit so far that DB31 does of coming in on a play the D doesn't know it is coming. When you are a physical up the middle RB and the D knows you are coming it will spell disaster.

We need to get him in position to get him some big plays...I have been going back and forth on Pep's mentality and usage of players and play calling. Right now I'm really down on how he is using Richardson. He is pounding him up the middle on what seems like every running down out of running formations and basically saying "we are a power running team so try and stop us" and then everyone is wondering why his YPC is bad. Well I can tell you that it is because we don't have the blocking to say "stop me if you can" and run it down their throats.

Throw a draw play in there for him, give him a counter...play action on first and run it off tackle on 2nd down. Do something different with Richardson instead of just trying to out smash mouth the defense and give him a chance to get some big plays (like they have been doing with DB31) then you can go back to the smash mouth every 1st down for decent gains once the D Line is worn down.

vCash
    Nope.

I was hoping for a breakout game against San Diego, but when you only hold the ball for 21 freaking minutes and are playing catch up the whole game, then IMO our "run first" approach is thrown out the window.

#iubb

vCash
    I don't think AP could put up great #'s behind our line. Any line with Satele, McGlynn, and Cherilus isn't a good one. Cherilus excellent pass blocker, terrible run blocker (from what i can tell).
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTChance View Post
    Richardson is a between-the-tackle runner. The Colts have no between-the-tackle blockers. It's a recipe for failure.
    this

vCash
    Ballard almost ran for 1000 yards last year, and would have if he had been starting the whole season. Bradshaw was running pretty damn well this year until the neck injury.

I just want to see something soon. I've definitely seen glimpses, just needs to be more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

vCash
    Not disappointed yet... It takes time to be great. All I know is it WILL happen. Pep must start changing some of his calls, because Broncos defense, Texans defense, and Cheifs defense, are damn good and we have to play all them this year.

vCash
    Another bad game for Trent...... Starting to get a little concerned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Another bad game for Trent...... Starting to get a little concerned
    I am starting to get there as well.

vCash
    I'm definitely concerned but I'm giving him a pass for this season. Next season if he's not better then I'll lose hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I'm definitely concerned but I'm giving him a pass for this season. Next season if he's not better then I'll lose hope.
    Agreed, I truly believe this will all work out for the best but it may not show until later this year or early next?
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    He is a power back. They run him to the outside which isnt his strong suite or our OLs. Plus power backs need carries to get stronger as the game goes on. We are giving Brown way to many snaps and carries. That crap ticks me off.

Lucks on our side

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast