• New England Patriots

13 81.25%
  • New York Jets

3 18.75%
  • Tie

0 0%
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week Seven: Pats(5-1) vs. Jets(3-3) - 7th times the charm, Gronk?

NFL Week 7
    VS

The New England Patriots (5-1) vs The New York Jets (3-3)

Sunday October 20 at 1 PM ET

Players To Watch
    All stats from Week 6 of 2013 Season. All Players are Starters or Healthy Options

Quarterback

~VS~

Geno Smith, QB #7 1490 Yards / 7 TDs 10-INT / 59.5 CMP% /74.7 QB Rating
    Tom Brady QB #12 - 1480 Yards /8-TDs 4-INT / 56.9 CMP% / 79.5 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Blial Powell, RB #29 - 87 Carries / 360 Yards/ 4.1 YPC / 1 TD
    Stevan Ridley RB #22 - 67 Carries / 270 Yards/ 4.0 YPC/ 2 TDs

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Stephen Hill, WR #84 - 18 Catches / 300 Yards / 1 TD
    Julian Edelman, WR #11 - 41 Catches / 411 YDS / 2 TDs

Tight End

~VS~

Jeff Cumberland, TE #87 - 11 Catches / 198 Yards / 2 TDs
    Michael Hoomanawanui TE #47 - 8 Catches / 95 YDS / 0 TDs

Kicker

~VS~

Nick Folk, K #2 - 13 FGM / 13 FGA / 9 XPM / 9 XPA
    Stephen Gostkowski, K #3 - 16 FGM / 17 FGA / 11 XPM / 11 XPA

Tackles Leader

~VS~

David Harris, LB #52 - 52
    Jerod Mayo, LB #51 - 55

Sacks Leader

~VS~

Muhammad Wilkerson, DE #96 - 5.0
    Chandler Jones , DE #95 - 4.5

Interceptions Leader

~VS~

Dawan Landry, SS #26 - 1
    Aqib Talib, CB # - 4

Last edited by B'sCeltsPatsSox; 10-14-2013 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    The return of gronk

Hahahahahaha

vCash
    Would love to drop that clown's team to below .500

We aren't going to get anything on the ground. The passing attack needs to have a good day against a susceptible secondary. Hope we can dish off some big plays down the field. Our WRs have that separation ability.

vCash
    PFT says Gronk will miss the next two games (at most)

Welcome to Anfield Mr. Balotelli!

vCash
    I think Gronk seeing the field is tied to wins and losses. It sounds like he is practicing hard and looks good. IMO as long as we win he won't play. I think he stays out through the bye week and he comes back the following week. It still leaves him 7 regular season games. If he is practicing at full speed now timing isn't going to be an issue. JMO

vCash
    That's ****ing bs. If he's practicing like everyone says he is, he should be out there. I'm getting tired of this milking the injury stuff. There's no way he sits out the next 3-4 weeks like mentioned

vCash
    Meh, I just hope all hands on deck for the patriots.. I'd rather lose to the saints and beat the jets lol.

vCash
    Its fine with me if he is out until after the bye week. Our next 3 games are @NYJ, MIA, and PIT. We shouldn't need him until after the bye. I would much rather see him 100% for DEN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    That's ****ing bs. If he's practicing like everyone says he is, he should be out there. I'm getting tired of this milking the injury stuff. There's no way he sits out the next 3-4 weeks like mentioned
    You have him in fantasy, don't you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVpatsfan View Post
    I'd hope so. Otherwise I don't get why any fan would be this pissed about it. We're 5-1, so it's whatever. I'd love to see him back as well, but it's October; these games don't mean nearly as much as ones far later in the season. He rushed back once and look what happened. The pros of him playing don't outweigh the cons of him risking re-injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I'd hope so. Otherwise I don't get why any fan would be this pissed about it. We're 5-1, so it's whatever. I'd love to see him back as well, but it's October; these games don't mean nearly as much as ones far later in the season. He rushed back once and look what happened. The pros of him playing don't outweigh the cons of him risking re-injury.
    Probably because he's been practicing in pads for weeks now and according to Brady he looks like the best player on the field at practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVpatsfan View Post
    Nope, just don't like the fact they keep making excuses for him to stay out.

We're barely 5-1, we should have lost at least 2 of those game but we got extremely lucky. you have to be naive to think this team is going to keep winning like this without a competent offense. He's been practicing for weeks now. another week is going to keep him from re-injuring it?

Quote Originally Posted by djp2k12 View Post
    Probably because he's been practicing in pads for weeks now and according to Brady he looks like the best player on the field at practice.
    Exactly. I think brady is trying to send a message by saying that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    We're barely 5-1, we should have lost at least 2 of those game but we got extremely lucky. you have to be naive to think this team is going to keep winning like this without a competent offense. He's been practicing for weeks now. another week is going to keep him from re-injuring it?
    It is confusing and a little curious, but who are we to criticize him? None of us are doctors. None of us know how he feels. None of us can get inside his head. It's his body and until he's comfortable coming back and until he's cleared (I know there are third party disputes playing a role in this) than whatever. It's his livelihood.

5-1 is 5-1. Him not being out there has hurt us, but we're still winning. Maybe I'd be frustrated if we were playing the Broncos or the Dolphins this weekend, but we aren't.

I tend to be more patient with these sorts of things than most others, and maybe that's wrong of me, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I've seen far too many athletes I've rooted for in my lifetime rush back and suffer bad consequences. A game or two in October is so minuscule on the grand scheme of things

It is curious, I get the frustration and clearly some players/people around him are getting antsy. I'd be getting really upset if this was December, but it's not and we're still winning games. We haven't reached Derrick Rose levels here. Even if it is him being a little selfish about his career, I can live with it. In the end all that we need is a healthy Gronk for the stretch/playoff run.

vCash
    It is confusing and a little curious, but who are we to criticize him? None of us are doctors. None of us know how he feels. None of us can get inside his head. It's his body and until he's comfortable coming back and until he's cleared (I know there are third party disputes playing a role in this) than whatever. It's his livelihood.

5-1 is 5-1. Him not being out there has hurt us, but we're still winning. Maybe I'd be frustrated if we were playing the Broncos or the Dolphins this weekend, but we aren't.

I tend to be more patient with these sorts of things than most others, and maybe that's wrong of me, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I've seen far too many athletes I've rooted for in my lifetime rush back and suffer bad consequences. A game or two in October is so minuscule on the grand scheme of things

It is curious, I get the frustration and clearly some players/people around him are getting antsy. I'd be getting really upset if this was December, but it's not and we're still winning games. We haven't reached Derrick Rose levels here. Even if it is him being a little selfish about his career, I can live with it. In the end all that we need is a healthy Gronk for the stretch/playoff run.
    I guess it comes down to if there's actually gets to the point where there's a large contingent in the locker room who get to the point where they don't understand what's going on and think he's not doing his part. The media seems to be hinting that this is starting to happen, but then the media will always try to stir things up. But if there's a legit thing growing in the locker room, who knows what will happen after the season is up.

Hopefully whenever he does start playing, he's his usual dominant self and this will all be forgotten.

vCash
    Interesting read.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._back/14793419

We all would love to see Gronk back. There are things not being mentioned such as,

No matter how hard the man is going in practice you can bet there isn't anybody that is going to hit Gronk in the arm. I seriously doubt that consideration will be afforded to him in games by the opposition. Who really knows if the arm is going to take a hit? Running and catching and being a stud in practice means nothing in regard to game situation (ie Sudfeld)

Dr. James Andrews said he shouldn't play. That has to be taken in to account.

He is getting his timing down with Brady while he practices which is great and maybe practice is his true limit.

Who can look at Gronk and see the same size dude as before the surgeries?

This is the most serious of all the non mentioned considerations. The guy is a young stud however if he breaks the arm again does he have a career? How long does he stay out next time a year maybe more? As I said before we are winning and that has to have an impact on BB and Gronk's decisions. 3 more wins is a month and that is significant when it comes to bones.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast