Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Exclamation Carl Landry Out 3-4 Months

Carl Landry is out 3-4 Months after undergoing surgery to repair a tear in his left hip-flexor!

The Kings received a serious blow to their frontcourt Monday as forward Carl Landry will miss 3-4 months after hip flexor surgery, the team announced.

Landry suffered a tear in his left hip flexor during a recent training camp practice. He will have surgery to repair it Tuesday morning in Philadelphia.

Landry signed with the Kings over the summer for $26 million over four years -- his second stint with the team -- adding a talented veteran presence to an inexperienced, but deep frontcourt. Landry was set to rotate in with Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes, Patrick Patterson and DeMarcus Cousins, making the frontcourt one of the strongest positions on the Kings' roster.

Landry was extremely effective off the bench for the Warriors last season, adding a solid mid-range option in their pick-and-roll game along with his typical physical, bruising interior play.

Last season Landry, 30, averaged 10.8 points and 6.0 rebounds in 81 games, but upped that to 11.8 points in 12 postseason games.

via CBS Sports

I didn't like the signing then, and now I absolutely hate the signing now!
    Last edited by iMac; 10-14-2013 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?!

And here I was in that injury bug thread saying Landry's injury was no big deal. This is ******, my friends.

vCash
    I didnt hate the signing, and its not like Landry is injury prone. Injuries just happen sometimes, gotta roll with em.

vCash
    I'm with IMac, this makes a questionable signing look worse. Hopefully Carl gets well soon and this isn't a lingering injury.

vCash
    Hopefully this forces the Kings to acquire a backup C, now that Thompson is definitely going to start at the 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Hopefully this forces the Kings to acquire a backup C, now that Thompson is definitely going to start at the 4.
    Jimmer and Hayes to Utah for Biedrens.

vCash
    Utah will practically give up anything for Jimmer bro they talk about the dude none stop. No need to throw in anybody unless we want to dump salary.

vCash
    I don't wish injury on anyone, but PF is the position where we could most afford one. JT, Patterson, Hayes, Outlaw (in a pinch) can all play PF. Landry already knows Malone's system so him being out lets the other guys continue to get minutes in the new system to learn it.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB