Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Thoughts on this years Eagles draft picks.

6 games in what are everyone's opinions on the 2013 draft class?

imo Lane Johnson has been a pleasant surprise.I thought for sure he would be less than Fisher or Joeckel,but up to this point he has been better than either of them.Granted the other 2 have been injured,but it looks like the Eagles made a solid pick with him.

Zac Ertz,seems to be headed for the number 1 TE position as well.He has shown some flashes,and the coaching staff seems pretty high on him.He has made a few crucial drops though,hopefully that will improve.

Bennie Logan,still a bit early to tell,but he has shown some flashes,think he is a solid pick.

Earl Wolff,again I think it's a bit early to tell,he has been kind of thrown to the wolves with the sub par secondary we have.

vCash
    Ertz needs to make more plays, period. He seems to drop/mishandle quite a few balls. Of course I am going off of memory alone so that may not be 100% accurate.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    A solid draft so far, I'd say. I agree, Ertz needs to get a lot more targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Johnson-solid pick so far made a couple of mistakes (ie sacks) but hey all rookies do that
    Ertz-He our future #1 TE in a couple years nice luxury to have for 2 TE. It funny that he and Celek drop easy passes but always seem to hold on to the tough ones.
    Logan-Good rotational guy with Sopga may or may not be our future NT but I doubt he going to be elite NT.
    Wolf-To early to tell it not like he can possibly play worse than the other safties.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Agree with everyone basically. There all solid looking. All contributing in some way. I think season 2 for those guys will better tell us there ceiling. Seems better than an Andy Reid draft thus far I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Ertz needs to make more plays, period. He seems to drop/mishandle quite a few balls. Of course I am going off of memory alone so that may not be 100% accurate.
    I agree, I fell like I've seen Ertz drop 10 balls that were not great throws but ones a NFL player should catch. Like I said I feel like there has been a lot of those which isn't good since there hasn't even been that many games yet.

vCash
    Ertz is easily the best of the bunch potential wise, he's made mistakes that hopefully will tighten up but he's shown flashes of being an elite player at his position one day

Johnson has been good, nothing special. For how raw he is that's more than enough to justify his drafting. Now he needs to keep improving and hopefully with that can be a bookend for 10-15 years

Wolff has starting potential but I'm hesitant to say there is anything more than that. He hits and flies to the ball but he also gets lost plenty

Logan is ok, hasn't sucked, hasn't excelled either.

Ertz and Johnson are clearly the potential stars of this draft. Ertz may very well be the best receiver on our team down the road

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Ertz is easily the best of the bunch potential wise, he's made mistakes that hopefully will tighten up but he's shown flashes of being an elite player at his position one day

Johnson has been good, nothing special. For how raw he is that's more than enough to justify his drafting. Now he needs to keep improving and hopefully with that can be a bookend for 10-15 years

Wolff has starting potential but I'm hesitant to say there is anything more than that. He hits and flies to the ball but he also gets lost plenty

Logan is ok, hasn't sucked, hasn't excelled either.

Ertz and Johnson are clearly the potential stars of this draft. Ertz may very well be the best receiver on our team down the road
    I agree with a lot of this, but I think Johnson has EASILY flashed more star potential than Ertz, he has some straight dominating moments, his issue is consistency which makes sense when we drafted him knowing he would be very raw, he has had a solid amount of bad moments, but his good moments have been something to watch

vCash
    It depends. Easily was the wrong word, but I do believe some of the things Ertz has showed have been more intriguing

He had that one drop against tampa I believe where foles threw it and he soared in the air to try an grab it. He flashed a ton to show himself as a guy defenses are going to have to gameplan for

I'm not one to belittle offensive line especially after the last 2 seasons but assuming both Johnson and Ertz reach full potential Ertz will just have more overall impact

I'm happy with both though. I believe both are future stars and both will be guys this roster is defined by though I still question if Johnson has the ability to play LT or if he's just a RT which would be fine but he becomes much more valuable if he can make that transition

vCash
    Safe to say Barkley sucks.

vCash
    Honestly, I haven't seen Ertz flash much of anything at all. He has potential but I haven't seen anything yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Honestly, I haven't seen Ertz flash much of anything at all. He has potential but I haven't seen anything yet.
    This.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Safe to say Barkley sucks.
    I won't say that he sux,but I will say,he isn't going to be a franchise QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    I won't say that he sux,but I will say,he isn't going to be a franchise QB.
    He has more potential to be than foles at this point.

I honestly don't see where you could even have made this assumption from, he's literally never even been in the game. Foles is a 10 year vet compared to him

vCash
    I can't write off Barkley yet - I mean, he hasn't gotten first team reps and his shoulder is finally healthy. He made some amazingly awful reads in the last game, but he is a rookie. I don't know if he'll be Chip's franchise QB, but he could be someone's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast