Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers may be looking to move Gasol again?

RUMORS: Are The Lakers Looking To Trade Power Forward Pau Gasol

By Phillip Barnett| October 14, 2013

Steve Nash’s stint with the Lakers has been riddled with injuries. He broke his fibula in the second game of the season last year and finished the year with hamstring issues. This year, Nash is already dealing with lingering ankle problems — which could mean problems for the Lakers if he isn’t able to go for long stretches at a time.

Enter Pau Gasol, the Lakers talented big man who has been rumored to be traded for years, and with an expiring contract, that will see $19 million come off the books at the end of this year, he could be the Lakers best trade bait.

According to Fox Sports Sam Amico, the Lakers could be looking to move Gasol for a young, scoring point guard.

Many NBA talent-evaluators feel as if Steve Nash is no longer capable of playing at a high level for more than 15-20 minutes game. The Lakers, it is believed, are on the lookout for a younger point guard who’s a more potent scorer. But as everyone who deals in the trade market will tell you, that won’t be so easy to obtain.

As of right now, you can take those rumors with a grain of salt for a few reasons, but mainly because the Lakers haven’t ben looking to add players with contracts that extend through this season. Even if the Lakers can find a trade partner for a point guard who fits what they’re reportedly looking for, that point guard likely won’t make nearly what Gasol is making, and the Lakers will have to take on other players.

There weren’t any sources named in the report, and there isn’t any evidence that the Lakers will be willing to part with Gasol so early in the season — especially considering how well he and Chris Kaman have played together in preseason. This doesn’t look like something that has legs, but with the Lakers, trade rumors are always something you should keep an eye on.
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Prepare for the Rondo rumors....

vCash
    They should have just blown up the whole team and tanked for Wiggins... Now we will have four months of Gasol/Nash trade rumors if we start out slow...
    LINSANITY IS BACK FOOLS!!

vCash
    And....it begins. Again.

Yes, of course, if you can land a franchise player who happens to play the point, you do this. But that's nothing knew. We need to rebuild, and as far as I'm concerned everybody but Kobe's on the block looking ahead.

Then again, until Kobe retires we're not competing for a title, so why hurry? If somebody really, really desirable comes up and you have to move, okay. But otherwise, I push on and see if I can RAISE Pau's value between now and the trade deadline.

Oh yeah, my fave line in the whole click-bait article: "There weren’t any sources named in the report...." Of course not. Who needs sources when you're talking out of your *** to people who will click on anything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    And....it begins. Again.

Yes, of course, if you can land a franchise player who happens to play the point, you do this. But that's nothing knew. We need to rebuild, and as far as I'm concerned everybody but Kobe's on the block looking ahead.

Then again, until Kobe retires we're not competing for a title, so why hurry? If somebody really, really desirable comes up and you have to move, okay. But otherwise, I push on and see if I can RAISE Pau's value between now and the trade deadline.

Oh yeah, my fave line in the whole click-bait article: "There weren’t any sources named in the report...." Of course not. Who needs sources when you're talking out of your *** to people who will click on anything?
    Sam Amico is pretty good...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    Sam Amico is pretty good...
    I agree about Sam. But that's not an article written about Sam, it's an article that quotes Sam with no link to Sam not link to the article and not even an attribution about who "Phillip Barnett" works for.

Even ignoring the sourcing, the bottom line is that this is nothing new. Pau knows he's on the trading block until he signs what will probably be the last deal of his career, and it likely won't be with the Lakers.

But hey, let's keep picking at the guy because it's more fun that treating him with respect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    RUMORS: Are The Lakers Looking To Trade Power Forward Pau Gasol

By Phillip Barnett| October 14, 2013

Steve Nash’s stint with the Lakers has been riddled with injuries. He broke his fibula in the second game of the season last year and finished the year with hamstring issues. This year, Nash is already dealing with lingering ankle problems — which could mean problems for the Lakers if he isn’t able to go for long stretches at a time.

Enter Pau Gasol, the Lakers talented big man who has been rumored to be traded for years, and with an expiring contract, that will see $19 million come off the books at the end of this year, he could be the Lakers best trade bait.

According to Fox Sports Sam Amico, the Lakers could be looking to move Gasol for a young, scoring point guard.

Many NBA talent-evaluators feel as if Steve Nash is no longer capable of playing at a high level for more than 15-20 minutes game. The Lakers, it is believed, are on the lookout for a younger point guard who’s a more potent scorer. But as everyone who deals in the trade market will tell you, that won’t be so easy to obtain.

As of right now, you can take those rumors with a grain of salt for a few reasons, but mainly because the Lakers haven’t ben looking to add players with contracts that extend through this season. Even if the Lakers can find a trade partner for a point guard who fits what they’re reportedly looking for, that point guard likely won’t make nearly what Gasol is making, and the Lakers will have to take on other players.

There weren’t any sources named in the report, and there isn’t any evidence that the Lakers will be willing to part with Gasol so early in the season — especially considering how well he and Chris Kaman have played together in preseason. This doesn’t look like something that has legs, but with the Lakers, trade rumors are always something you should keep an eye on.
    Sam Amico. The guy is not reputable for Lakers rumors. Cavs okay, considering he writes for fox sports Ohio.

Also the answer is simple. If you can steal a star like Rondo or Love, Aldridge, etc then you trade Pau. If not keep him. Don't trade him for scrubs or a Derrick Williams package either.

Young star or bust is basically what I'm saying.

vCash
    Nobody is going to trade a young star for an aging overpaid Gasol. In other words, he's not going anywhere...

vCash
    Probably BS rumors

vCash
    I wanna keep Gasol

vCash
    And let it begin... AGAIN. And then lets wonder all season why Pau isn't playing to his capacity.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Nobody is going to trade a young star for an aging overpaid Gasol. In other words, he's not going anywhere...
    Depends. If we suck and a young stud wants out, we can package a huge expiring in Pau while taking a bad contract and we can give up a potential lottery pick in a great draft.

Long shot but Gasol's expiring plus a good pick and the ability to take a bad contract is pretty enticing for a team looking to unload a disgruntled star

vCash
    Speaking of Rondo...I just realized how freaking funny it would be to watch Rondo and Kobe try to play together. You'd have to have two basketballs on the court at the same time to keep a fistfight from breaking out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Depends. If we suck and a young stud wants out, we can package a huge expiring in Pau while taking a bad contract and we can give up a potential lottery pick in a great draft.

Long shot but Gasol's expiring plus a good pick and the ability to take a bad contract is pretty enticing for a team looking to unload a disgruntled star
    Unless that disgruntled star is Lebron I would rather keep the Gasol, the cap space and the draft pick. We can use that cap space to get a star while keeping the draft pick and possibly re-sign Gasol at a reduced rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    And let it begin... AGAIN. And then lets wonder all season why Pau isn't playing to his capacity.
    So are you saying he's soft mentally, as well?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast