Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pryor: Raiders will make playoffs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-make-playoffs

Terrelle Pryor says Oakland Raiders will make playoffs

The Kansas City Chiefs beat and battered Terrelle Pryor on Sunday.

Behind a down-to-its-last-man offensive line, the Raiders quarterback was sacked 10 times by Kansas City in a 24-7 loss that dropped Oakland to 2-4 on the season.

In defeat, Pryor made it clear the Raiders haven't given up on chasing the undefeated Chiefs and Broncos in the AFC West.

"We have to come together and start creating," Pryor said, per CSN Bay Area. "We'll be back; 2-4; we'll get to the playoffs."

We don't see that happening. Not in a division where the Broncos look unstoppable and the Chiefs are playing outstanding football -- but Pryor's words were for his teammates.

"This loss is on me. I'll take it," he said. "I'll make sure we get better. As the leader of the offense, I have to make sure it happens. It will."

Oakland is a two-win team with plenty of holes on both sides of the ball, so let's pump the brakes on playoff talk, shall we? Still, with Pryor at the wheel, the Raiders are watchable and (finally) have a young passer to build around. It's a start.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    lol, How can you not like him? He is a good kid. lol

I would be darn right giddy with 8-8 ,though.

vCash
    we would virtually have to win out to make the playoffs

vCash
    it is refreshing for him to take credibility however

vCash
    Cue Jim Mora's "PLAYOFFS???" rant... lolol

vCash
    I like the Kid. We have soemthing special. We need to buils around him. Bring in some Vet WR who will help him as a passer. Build a soild line in front of him. We have no other threats on this team.

I wonder how we would have faired with a healty O-Line.?
    [

vCash
    Gotta luv this kid!! You know if the defs played like it did Sunday thruout the season, and our O-Line gets healthy and shows that it can give Dmac some holes to work with and give TP2 some time to go thru his progressions its not out of the question, I really think KC will fade towards the end of the season and tho I dont see us catching Denver I do think we could slip into the Wild Card(pending we have no other injuries and we get healthy)

vCash
    I like the guy and hope it still comes true but they need o line help real bad.

vCash
    We need Online help bad.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    Here's a new and bizarre concept in Oakland - leadership.

Pryor has it. That's why you build around him.

He's got some work to do, but I am very impressed with him so far and look forward to his continued development. This was his first 'bad' game at the NFL level - as the O/L gets healthier and he gets more experience under his belt, I think he'll have fewer and fewer bad games in the future.

... but, no, they ain't making the playoffs this year.

vCash

Pryor: Raiders will make playoffs

You guys forget that one of the best LT is out and are starting RT is playing LT are promising RT is out as well and are C is out as well are o line is pretty set when they return from injury and TP will have a lot of time to throw that football once they come back what we need is a big target TE with excellent hands look at how Brees has Jimmy Graham and things are so easy for him just throw it up and let him go up and get it. I think D-Moore is turning into the #1 WR we have been hoping for he still drops passes from time to time he need to get a lil more consistent but I would love to bring I'm a Vet WR like a Hakeem Nicks

vCash
    Yeah, playoffs are definitely out of the question. It could have been a possibility in a weaker division.

vCash
    PLAYOFFS?!...PLAYOFFS??!!...it could happen, but let's take this one game at a time. Get healthy over these next two weeks, get the Oline dialed in, and focus on the Steelers. I know TP is trying to rally the troops, but honestly, any suggestion of playoffs right now is crazy ( ) talk, imo.
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    We really should be thanking KC. This was some great experience for TP. Its likely he will never face a louder crowd or a meaner pass rush the rest of his days. Now he knows. I look for us to regroup, get some healthy linemen back and rip Pittsburgh.

vCash
    I'd have liked to have seen some of that fire late in the game down one score instead of watching him mope around on the sideline...words are meaningless.

Yeah, I know it was a tough situation, but going belly up isn't an answer.

-Stork

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast