Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Why do the Ravens always injure people?

Rookie FS Matt Elam went low on Randall Cobb yesterday and took out his knee. This isn't an isolated incident on the Ravens. They are always injuring opposing players. Why?

It seems like multiple times a year somebody on the Ravens defense just blows someone up. Suggs, Reed, Lewis, Pollard, Elam. It doesn't seem to matter who it is or when. It's just been going on for years.

They try and bend people in half. They go low. They hit the head. They just engulf people and separate their shoulders. They just injure people.

Why does this keep happening?

vCash
    Their badass mofo's that's why. Elams hit by the way was perfectly legal. Just the nature of the beast.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    They play harder on D maybe? To be honest, I have noticed it too, but only thing I can think of is the intensity of the veterans they have had on defense in the past few seasons, and it's passing onto the young bucks. Sometimes that enthusiasm boils over, and people get injured, but that's football baby, it's a contact sport.

vCash
    Pollard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    They play harder on D maybe? To be honest, I have noticed it too, but only thing I can think of is the intensity of the veterans they have had on defense in the past few seasons, and it's passing onto the young bucks. Sometimes that enthusiasm boils over, and people get injured, but that's football baby, it's a contact sport.
    Yes. I don't think it's all intentional, but sometimes it's like Damn did you really have to do that? Just in the last few years I've noticed they just turn it on when they want to. In 2008 Chris Johnson was embarrassing them on the ground and then Suggs held him up and Reed came in and bent him backwards.

Mendenhaal texted Rice he was gonna have a huge game then Lewis broke his shoulder that game.

Pollard was holding onto Gronk and then he just decided to go for and land on his ankle.

This is just the few of the many times they just take people out. The Ravens are always injuring people.

vCash
    yea i didnt see anything dirty on Elams hit. If you aim high you get flagged/fined so he went low with his shoulder, nothing wrong with that.

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    yea i didnt see anything dirty on Elams hit. If you aim high you get flagged/fined so he went low with his shoulder, nothing wrong with that.
    That's not the main point of the thread. It's the fact that this has been going on for about a decade. The Ravens always blow people up.

vCash
    If you can't handle a tackle, get off the field.

vCash
    I agree with the people here, I think it's just the Ravens D plays hard, and sometimes that results in injury. This isn't a namby pamby sport. Obviously, sometimes its just a hard hit and injuries happen. But sometimes it's the offensive guys not anticipating the contact properly, and get hurt that way, its a mixture. And anyone that complains about legal hit need to quit and take up ballet or bowling. Unless it's a deliberate attempt to injure someone, then get on with the game and quit complaining.

vCash
    Only in 2013 could this thread be made without everyone laughing. You're complaining about hard hits? Why do you even watch the sport then? It's already basically touch-football level.

vCash
    Maybe I'm wrong and would lose money but I'd be willing to bet they don't cause more injuries than the average team. Or at least not so many more that it signifies any type of trend. Injuries are a part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Only in 2013 could this thread be made without everyone laughing. You're complaining about hard hits? Why do you even watch the sport then? It's already basically touch-football level.
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong and would lose money but I'd be willing to bet they don't cause more injuries than the average team. Or at least not so many more that it signifies any type of trend. Injuries are a part of the game.
    Exactly. The sport has become a shadow of what it was. We should be applauding guys who play hard, but within reason, not making them villains

vCash
    We have a powerful, attacking defense. What you are implying with this thread is absolutely ridiculous, we don't purposely injure players. But we have always been one of the best attacking defenses in the league that have a lot of big hits. We hit hard, we don't hit to injure.
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    **** Pollard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzah View Post
    That's not the main point of the thread. It's the fact that this has been going on for about a decade. The Ravens always blow people up.
    but that hit sparked the thread. they play mean and viscious defense, simple as that. If the hits were all dirty or illegal that would be something else

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast