Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Barry Zito Says "Thank You".

I know it probably doesn't deserve it's own thread, but in doing it anyways. The ad Zito took out in the Chronicle marks the end of an era. The contract was horrible, he was horrible (with the exception of 2012 Playoffs) but the guy was always a class act.

@Strkouts4Troops: Our founder #BarryZito says "Thank You San Francisco in a full page ad in the @sfchronicle. @stanthonysf @SFGiants http://t.co/araZ4ne7rc

Welcome back Slumpy Shoulders!!

vCash
    Zito was always a good dude, and it's hard to knock a guy for agreeing to a ludicrous contract he was offered when he admits he didn't live up to it but keeps working through it. You never got a sense Zito went out and just threw a ****** game on purpose.

vCash
    I would do it again if it guaranteed two more World Series titles

vCash
    Good dude. Pissed me off that at times it seemed like he didnt give a **** but I will always remember that game 5 of the 2012 NLCS. #RallyZito

vCash

Barry Zito Says "Thank You".

TheBZShow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I know it probably doesn't deserve it's own thread, but in doing it anyways. The ad Zito took out in the Chronicle marks the end of an era. The contract was horrible, he was horrible (with the exception of 2012 Playoffs) but the guy was always a class act.
    I agree 100% with everything you just said. He did the same thing in the Oakland Tribune when he went to SF.
    He was horrible, he never posted an ERA under 4 his entire SF career. He is one of the good guys in the sport, his work with injured veterans, his professionalism, a really good dude.

vCash
    Unicorn Zito is the best. Glad the contract is over, but will definitely miss him for all the good he does off the field.

vCash
    Can't blame Zito for Sabean vastly overbidding but I can blame him for the performance. He is a great guy, just wasn't a good pitcher.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyd1924 View Post
    I would do it again if it guaranteed two more World Series titles
    Good point.

SoCal,NorCal, SoCal, Idaho, Las Vegas, Idaho, So Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Yes, I think it does, and thank you. For once I don't have to dig through the proverbial needle in a haystack

vCash
    It was a roller coaster. I was pissed when they (Sabean) signed him, then tried to be positive about his age and pitching at AT&T. Then he sucked and sucked some more. He woke up a bit and was solid. Oh yeah Sabean I hate you. Bad again. Then pitches an amazing important game. Sabean you're a genius for signing Zito (oh wait I was just drunk). Now Zito is gone, but I'm happy my most fond memories will be the game 5 of the NLCS and game 1 of the WS, can't forget his hot bat.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Thank you for our last WS run Zeets. Despite your contract and all the bad, I will always appreciate and remember you for 2012.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    It is pretty cool to have Game 5 to fall back on. The contract was an atrocity, but we'll always have one positive thing to look back on.