Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    1500

    Draft discussion!

    So I don't think it's ever to early to talke about the draft and offseason. Yes things could change, but most will stay the same. What are some players you would like the Texans to grab? What postions should we focus on? Should we hire new coachs?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    1500
    What do you y'all think about Colt Lyerla? I know he looks to be mentally unstable because of his recent issues, but is easily the best TE in this years draft and will slip far if not out of the draft. Would y'all like it if the Texans took a shot at him with a 5th or later?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,825
    vCash
    1500
    You gotta go quarterback in the 1st, RT in the 2nd
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,618
    vCash
    1500
    I've never heard of Colt Lyerla. I'll look him up and try to watch some games. I think Mariota is the best fit in our offense but, I think he'll go #1 or 2 so I think Johnny or Boyd is more realistic. RT is also a big need but, if one isn't available, I think we need a ball hawking FS or a CB because our secondary seems to be falling apart. Another ILB is a need but I'd wait on that one most likely. Our biggest need imo is a new head coach but, idk any names that are out there. Idk when the trade deadline is but, if we dont start winning, I'd trade Ben Tate and Antonio Smith if the prie is right

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    1500
    I would love to see Mariota in a Texans uniform, but I also see him going top 10. Though we could have a top five pic if we don't start winning. We still have a tough schedule ahead of us. I think we go 1st QB, 2nd CB OR ILB, 3rd OL, 4th RB, 5th DL, 6th CB OR ILB, 7th WR, TE, OR OL. Ithink we might move Tate for pics maybe Smith.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,825
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRetic View Post
    I would love to see Mariota in a Texans uniform, but I also see him going top 10. Though we could have a top five pic if we don't start winning. We still have a tough schedule ahead of us. I think we go 1st QB, 2nd CB OR ILB, 3rd OL, 4th RB, 5th DL, 6th CB OR ILB, 7th WR, TE, OR OL. Ithink we might move Tate for pics maybe Smith.
    No one is gonna trad anything for 2 guys with expiring contracts, they might get a 6th rounder.

    If you want to compete next season ( which isn't impossible, they are only a QB and coach away) they need to keep smith
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,618
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not even sure we're going to resign Smith, honestly. I could see us letting him just leave like all our other free agents

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    No one is gonna trad anything for 2 guys with expiring contracts, they might get a 6th rounder.

    If you want to compete next season ( which isn't impossible, they are only a QB and coach away) they need to keep smith
    Teams would trade for Tate because we could resign or tag him. Smith is more likely ro be let go for the fact he will request too much money and Watt will get PAID next offseason. Yes we need a QB and new head coach, but we have more problems than that. Our kicker is unreliable, our OL looks ******, defense can't make solid tackle and there is holes in the backfield. If we don't resign or get another RB to replace Tate we will be putting a lot on Foster with no solid backup. OD is always injured and we only have Graham who is great, but still need another option if OD can't stay on the field. We also need another inside linebacker capable of helping Cushing and locking down the middle. We are not that close to being a solid contender we are contenders, but we are a sloppy one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    1500
    Also contender teams looking for RB help would trade as high as a 2nd for Tate (we might have to throw in a late pick as well) all the way to multiple mid to late round pics.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,825
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRetic View Post
    Teams would trade for Tate because we could resign or tag him. Smith is more likely ro be let go for the fact he will request too much money and Watt will get PAID next offseason. Yes we need a QB and new head coach, but we have more problems than that. Our kicker is unreliable, our OL looks ******, defense can't make solid tackle and there is holes in the backfield. If we don't resign or get another RB to replace Tate we will be putting a lot on Foster with no solid backup. OD is always injured and we only have Graham who is great, but still need another option if OD can't stay on the field. We also need another inside linebacker capable of helping Cushing and locking down the middle. We are not that close to being a solid contender we are contenders, but we are a sloppy one.
    There is no way they are gonna tag Tate and everyone knows he is not gonna be a Texan next season. Whoever trades for him will only be renting Tate for half a season, which would be almost pointless.

    JJ does not become a free agent til 2015, so no reason to pay him until then. They texans can't afford to let their 3rd best defensive player go.

    Again, I'm not overly concerned with the defense, they have been pretty good this year, the only thing I think must be added is a safety. An OLB would be nice too.

    The help needs to come to the quarterback and offensive line. They need a RT and a guard to replace Wade Smith. But quarterback is the biggest concern, if there isn't a quarterback, none of the other changes will matter. As for OD, I think he is as good as gone. I like him a lot but unless he is willing to reign for a lot less, he's not gonna be back when graham is capable of doing everything he can do. The rookie griffin looks pretty good too.

    This team has the talent, it just isn't being utilized. Look at what KC did, bringing in a new coach who knows how to use the guys on the roster. That's what the texans need.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    1500
    I know Watt is a free agent in 2015 that's what I meant by next offseason. This coming offseason is 2014! Teams rent players all the time fir playoff runs in every major sport. We could get better than a 6th odds are we don't trade him and let him walk just like everyone else. They will only resign smith if he takes a pay cut his contract now is one reason they have been hovering the cap for three years. I do agree RT is a glaring need also talking about money Browns contract is up soon too I think. The biggest hole in our team is the Head Coach. Schaub is not allowed to change anything or run his offense. Kubiaks playbook is so out of date teams can predict every move we are gonna make. He has no aggressiveness at all and usually gives up. I would love ro see us trade up and get another 1st and grab Taylor Lewan LT/RT Michigan and get Manziel, Mariota, or Boyd and then sign a new head coach.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,618
    vCash
    1500
    Sam Montgomery, Cierre Wood and Willie Jefferson. Montgomery was such a waste of a draft pick. Other teams didn't have him on their boards and even LSU told teams not to draft him. It's even worse when you look at players we could've had

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    1500
    I agree he had the talent, but was lazy and had no drive. He would rather smoke weed than be in the NFL.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,618
    vCash
    1500
    Looking at the rest of our schedule, it looks like we're headed for a top 10 draft pick. If Keenum keeps his play anywhere close to at he's been doing then we should be drafting a qb around round 4, which would help us fill other holes. So, if we are picking in the top 10, we may be able to grab Matthews or Lewan which would immediately shore up our Offensive line. We could also trade down and pick up AJ Johnson or CJ Mosely and pick up a RT later if the Texans feel like they have something in Quesenberry or Brennan Williams. Trevardo Williams and Sam Montgomery have been disappointments so if a guy like Barr falls to us, we could use a third rush linebacker, which would also allow us to let Brooks Reed play a little inside too. Hopefully we can cut Ed Reed without costing much money and draft a safety with some speed to replace him. So right now if everything fell right I'd want:
    RT
    Ilb
    Olb
    Safety
    Qb
    Rb
    Lb

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,494
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    Looking at the rest of our schedule, it looks like we're headed for a top 10 draft pick. If Keenum keeps his play anywhere close to at he's been doing then we should be drafting a qb around round 4, which would help us fill other holes. So, if we are picking in the top 10, we may be able to grab Matthews or Lewan which would immediately shore up our Offensive line. We could also trade down and pick up AJ Johnson or CJ Mosely and pick up a RT later if the Texans feel like they have something in Quesenberry or Brennan Williams. Trevardo Williams and Sam Montgomery have been disappointments so if a guy like Barr falls to us, we could use a third rush linebacker, which would also allow us to let Brooks Reed play a little inside too. Hopefully we can cut Ed Reed without costing much money and draft a safety with some speed to replace him. So right now if everything fell right I'd want:
    RT
    Ilb
    Olb
    Safety
    Qb
    Rb
    Lb
    being that we Drafted a RT last yr with the 3rd pick I would take a Corner or ILB in the 1st 2nd round im just hoping keenum continues to improve and play good so we wont have to draft a QB high

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •