Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

White Sox NEED a new stadium

I love Jerry, but we need a new owner. One with DEEP pockets and an ability to think with an open mind. The sox are wasting away one of the best views in the entire country (Chicago skyline and lake michigan) by playing in a outdated park facing the ghetto..a ghetto that has extremely high violence.

I agree the cell is a decent park with good food..but geez have you seen some of the new parks? Ones that incorporate great skylines and bodies of water? Ones that are completely 100% modern... Wouldn't a brand new state of the arc park facing the south loop with Lake Michigan right beside it make the White Sox a premier free agent destination?

I don't care the price tag...lets get a billionaire owner who wouldn't mind the tab. There has to be one guy out there worth 5+ billion..right?

vCash
    Yup... This is why I stay away from the forum during the offseason.

U.S. Cellular Field, where dumb baseball thoughts are embraced.

vCash

White Sox NEED a new stadium

Haha

vCash
    Sure it would be nice to have a nice stadium over by Grant Park. However you are forgetting that the city of Chicago would have to approve its construction. Maybe if the Sox played in a 100 year old falling apart stadium there would be a small chance. No way will we get a new stadium when our current one is only 20 years old. The City of Chicago is billions of dollar is debt, leading the nation in murders, it wouldnt be the appropriate time to ask for a luxurious new ball park along the lake lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bushleague View Post
    yup... This is why i stay away from the forum during the offseason.
    x2

vCash
    Jerry is more concern about the Bulls at this moment then the Sox. Plus he already spent in 2010 $120 million on payroll, that lead to nothing.

The Cell is fine, parking lots allows the separation from the gangs with security.

Otherwise you can go hang out at the dump on the north side and in a you know what neighborhood.

vCash
    Dude you are so lucky the Sox were so bad this year ! A lot of this sites more militant,hostile and sarcastic followers don't follow this site like they do in better seasons . Be carefull of your Ideals that you post because there are some guy's on this site will eat your lunch,slap your baby sister and kick your puppy when you start a crazy thread like this one. Love and follow your team and not Worship the Stadium ,If you did then that would make you a Cubs Fan ! You can be a loyal fan on your couch watching the game on T.V , a bar stool or the Cell . Look at the Rays for instance their stadium and Fan base sucks , but they put great players on the Field and show the yankee's and Red Sox they are hard team to play and beat every year. Chicago is a world famous city known for it's old and historic architecture and that includes keeping it's Stadiums Forever ! The Cell at 22 years old is a baby compared to the years they got out of Old Comiskey park , Wrigley field , Original Soldier Field and Chicago Stadium. Knowing what we all know about Chicago Politics , maybe you should start this subject again in 60 years.
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 10-12-2013 at 04:29 PM.

vCash
    i agree that a new location would be best(its a big part of the attendance issue),but its not that bad and has no effect on free agents(as you say)

vCash
    I actually agree with this guy. It's never going to happen, but the Sox are stuck in beyond no man's land when it comes to a stadium and location. It's in a HORRIBLE part of town, and a town that is run by the Cubs. Plus, the stadium is old compared to everyone else. I honestly think it's one of the five oldest stadiums there is, without looking it up.

There's no doubt that this franchise would be better off in like Charlotte or something.

But................. it's never going to happen, so yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    I actually agree with this guy. It's never going to happen, but the Sox are stuck in beyond no man's land when it comes to a stadium and location.It's in a HORRIBLE part of town, and a town that is run by the Cubs. Plus, the stadium is old compared to everyone else. I honestly think it's one of the five oldest stadiums there is, without looking it up.

There's no doubt that this franchise would be better off in like Charlotte or something.

Fans will show up if the Sox prove that they are putting a winning product out. It is what makes us different from the Cubs fans that only show up to get drunk for the Wrigley experience.

Remember, we had a good show up despite not a sell out vs the Yankees to boo A-Roids return in a dismal season in progress.

vCash
    The Sox have always been in the bottom of the league in attendance. Winning or losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    as a chisox fan since the early 90s I finally visited Chicago this past may. went to my first game at the cell. I freaking love the stadium. but my opinion may not be that great since im used to the trop :/

vCash
    The cell is by no means a "bad" park...I would say it is slightly above average.

However, you have to think how much better the White Sox stadium situation could be. They are not taking advantage of the best skyline in the world...which also happens to be right next one of the biggest lakes in the world. There is a huge difference between us cellular and where the Giants, Pirates, even Twins now play.

vCash

Ideas for Improvement of the parking areas.

The White Sox should pursue purchasing all of the property between the South Parking lots and the expressway which includes some small low rise public housing units and that large brick building. That area should then be developed with something that works better with the park and with the tailgating . A hotel, restaurant/bars, convenience store, souvenir shops could be in the mix.

Outside of that, the Bridgeport neighborhood to the West and to the North of the park has been improving for several years. Homes have been raised and replaced or gutted and reconstructed. New residential development continues to march South down the Halsted corridor.

The park that should be demolished is Wrigley but unless you have to get there by car, as most families do, and then try to park anywhere near the ballpark, you would not know that.

Tailgating is one of the great traditions at Sox Park a.k.a. the Cell and the White Sox need to make it an even more enjoyable experience. Put ivy (yes ivy) on the concrete wall by the railroad tracks adjacent to the South parking lots. Put in a few bocce courts, bean bag areas, and picnic tables around the parking lot. Put in some trees and decorative lighting in the parking lots to break them up visually and provide some shade.
    And after games don't abandon those that paid twenty bucks to park. Make some kind of orderly exit plan and provide some parking lot employees instead of leaving everyone on their own.
    Last edited by garypeters; 11-09-2013 at 09:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post

I like that idea.....much closer for me

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast