Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will Andrew Bynum play for the Cavs?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65+

0 0%
  • 41+

10 52.63%
  • 20+

7 36.84%

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Will Andrew Bynum play for the Cavs this season?

This is the latest news we have on Bynum, but it sounds pretty similar to what we heard last year when he was "with the Sixers". So my question is do you think Bynum will play this season, and what type of player can we expect?

“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better… I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there (playing right now).”

That’s Andrew Bynum from the Sixers training camp last year, on Oct. 9 to be exact.

We bring you that as a bit of context for the Andrew Bynum news coming out of the Cleveland Cavaliers media day.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...unds-familiar/

vCash
    I say he will play, but it will be under half the games, somewhere in the 30-41 range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I say he will play, but it will be under half the games, somewhere in the 30-41 range.
    I think the Cavs FO would be happy with that sort of production. They're pretty deep with bigs so they don't have to rely on him as much.

vCash
    no

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    25>

vCash
    If him & Oden play more than 20games somethings up >D
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Even though it's only a 1 year deal, I don't think the Cavs should have gave him so much guaranteed money.

vCash
    IF he can remain healthy throughout now, which he won't - most likely - but talking hypothetically, that Irving + Bynum duo could be something special in due time..

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I think the Cavs FO would be happy with that sort of production. They're pretty deep with bigs so they don't have to rely on him as much.
    There is no way the Cavs front office is happy with 35 games. That's silly thinking. They brought him in to charge up the fan see and give their mustang a Clydesdale to carry some of that load. No ****ing way they are sitting around going "ya, as long as Andrew gives us 30
    Games we are happy." Limited minutes coming back and all, you get almost nothing from him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Even though it's only a 1 year deal, I don't think the Cavs should have gave him so much guaranteed money.
    Well according to Sham Sports it says that its a 2yr deal. The first year is $6M guaranteed with no guarantee date, and 2nd year is completely non-guaranteed. Sham Sports is usually the most accurate as far as contract details. If you mouse over his name it will show you everything:

http://data.shamsports.com/content/p.../cavaliers.jsp

So essentially if they are are going into January or February and its looking like he isn't going to be healthy or in-shape enough to make an impact, the Cavs could waive Bynum and pay $6M as a failed experiment. $6M for a guy that didn't play or played bad is still a terrible deal, but at least they aren't in the luxury tax, and they still escape better than the 76ers that paid him $17M to not play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Well Bynum and Varejao alike are totally injury prone, so I don't know how deep the team really is to be honest. For some reason Varejao flies under the radar to most fans as far as him being injury prone but he's barely played for the past 3 seasons.

Zeller starting at Center with Kadji or some other lower role player backing him up surely won't be enough to get the Cavs close to a playoff birth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    $6M for a guy that didn't play or played bad is still a terrible deal
    Exactly.

vCash
    I hope he does. The cavs can be good

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    He'll play, even if he has to play through pain. He knows missing big chunks will completely screw up any future paydays....

vCash
    How in the world is he not sure if he'll be able to play the season opener? He hasn't played a game in a year and a half

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast