Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Which offseason addition will make biggest impact?

Only including players here:

Grevis Vasquez - Gives the team a true facilitator.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute - Gives the team above average defense on the wing. Is not a black hole offensively.

Ben McLemore - Gives the team athleticism in back court and can shoot... maybe he can make a wide open 3? Something that the team can't do.

Carl Landry - Gives team front court depth. Solid offensive player, but can he rebound and defend?

Ray Mccallum - No clue. He's the 3rd/4th point guard, so don't choose him.

Trent Lockett - No.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Vasquez hands down!!!!!! Then Landry then mclemore....

vCash

Which offseason addition will make biggest impact?

McLemore

vCash
    hopefully its luc...i think every1s expectin alot out of vasquez so he better deliver.....but u already know who i rock with..

KINGS . GIANTS . COWBOYS

vCash
    I'll go with Vazquez for this season, but definitely McLemore going forward.

vCash
    Mr Malone...
    The RANADIVE Era

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billy17 View Post
    Mr Malone...
    Agreed. Ball movement is already miles better. Rotations on D are better, though some guys are still overhelping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billy17 View Post
    Mr Malone...
    "only including players here"

Too easy to pick the coach, FO, etc..

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Only including players here:

Grevis Vasquez - Gives the team a true facilitator.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute - Gives the team above average defense on the wing. Is not a black hole offensively.

Ben McLemore - Gives the team athleticism in back court and can shoot... maybe he can make a wide open 3? Something that the team can't do.

Carl Landry - Gives team front court depth. Solid offensive player, but can he rebound and defend?

Ray Mccallum - No clue. He's the 3rd/4th point guard, so don't choose him.

Trent Lockett - No.
    We were 11th in the league in 3pt FG% last year - we have players that can hit open 3s. Jimmer, Patterson, Thornton, Isaiah, and Salmons are all capable 3 point shooters. Hopefully McLemore will be too, and it's great to improve at 3 point shooting, but it's not something we were bad at last year so I don't think that's where the biggest impact will be.

I think the biggest impact will be Vasquez. There should be a major change in how our offense is run, and he will most likely be the one running it.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    I'm just going to give my impact ranking:
    1. Greivis Vasquez -pass 1st PG we've never had
    2. Ben McLemore - athletic shooter (big upgrade)
    3. Luc Mbah A Moute - defensive wing
    4. Carl Landry - I really don't expect that much of an impact from him. I think he'll be average.
    5. Ray McCallum - I want to rank him 3, because he's our best defensive PG and I think he'll get solid minutes.
    6. Trent Lockett - stick your finger in a socket
    Last edited by iMac; 10-12-2013 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    I think Vazquez will be the biggest addition for this season.

Rarely do rookies make a big impact as a rookie. However I expect about Ben Mclemores 3rd season that he will be a good player who as a shot as being a 20 point a game scorer.

I think Luc will be a bust.

vCash
    1. Vasquez- We've been dreaming of a pass 1st PG for years now and we finally have one.

2. McLemore- A shooter to spread the floor. Athletic. Has the chance of being the best player in the draft.

3. Landry- Is a Veteran, brings leadership, toughness, work ethic, and already is familiar with the way Malone runs things. We were all scratching our heads with this signing, but he's gonna be great for us.

vCash
    The easy answer here is Vasquez considering his whole offensive game is predicated on things mostly foreign to this organization in recent years. I think Landry will bring a lot to the table as well. Seasoned vet who gives solid rotational production and flexibility to make a move later in the year. I'm hesitant to say McLemore even though I like what I've seen from him. While he is everything you guys have mentioned and jumps out at you on a TV, I think his body is a bit wiry (wirey?) at this point and wont be able to handle the bumps of an NBA season. I expect him to slow down towards the end of the year. I'd like to see him to add some bulk to his frame and then next year or the year after he should be good to go.

vCash
    I guess everyone can move Landry to last in the impact category.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I guess everyone can move Landry to last in the impact category.
    That's the kind of impact that you could expect. A vet that was playing for a contender, to a team not expected to make the playoffs, who was just over paid. Impact on the cap space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast