Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is it just a matter of time for this Offense?

Currently the packers are 2nd in the NFL in rush yards per attempt at 5.3 yards. The packers are also tied for 2nd in the NFL with 8.8 yards per pass attempt.

These are great numbers.

Unfortunately thanks to poor execution, poor timing, poor play calling we have ended up with pretty poor performances in the red zone and have failed in the 4th quarter of our two losses.

Also we are ranked 26th in the NFL in pass attempts and 26th in the NFL in rush attempts. We are also 20th in time of possession.

So is it just a matter of time before we start having more success in the red zone and at the end of games when it really counts?
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    I imagine the pass attempts and rush attempts is because GB has played 1 less game.

Even with being a barely above average team in the redzone(I think they're ranked like 12th so not as bad as we thought) they are still a top 3-5 offense in most categories. I know they haven't necessarily passed the eye test but they have been more effective than we think. This team should be scoring 40 pts a game so they have been a little disappointing but still very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    I imagine the pass attempts and rush attempts is because GB has played 1 less game.

Even with being a barely above average team in the redzone(I think they're ranked like 12th so not as bad as we thought) they are still a top 3-5 offense in most categories. I know they haven't necessarily passed the eye test but they have been more effective than we think. This team should be scoring 40 pts a game so they have been a little disappointing but still very good.
    Yea....i agree with the bolded entirely. Thats the point. Are we gonna see this offense reach their potential? Or are we gonna continue to see them sputter?
    Last edited by n8ghee; 10-10-2013 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post

Yea....i agree with the bolded entirely. Thats the point. Are we gonna see this offense reach their potential? Or are we gonna continue to see them sputter?
    I don't see this so called bolded but I do believe we will. I think the running game has been a transition for all parties. I fully expect a better/more rounded offense than we have ever seen in GB(More rounded anyway). If defenses start respecting the running game then I could see a high 30's average over the 2nd half of the season.

vCash
    yes. thats what i hope for. 35 ppg. i re-bolded what u had posted in me earlier post.

vCash
    The red zone offense has been the most frustrating/disappointing part of our offense so far this year. The fumbles have been a bit frustrating to especially since a few of them happened on the redzone and at key moments. But we will get it turned around and when we do watch out!
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 10-10-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    I was talking to someone and we got to wondering if because of the fact that they are trying to use their backs more that the offense hasn't been able to get into rhythm because they are used to being a passing offense more than a running.

not saying that it is the reason just something we had been talking about

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I was talking to someone and we got to wondering if because of the fact that they are trying to use their backs more that the offense hasn't been able to get into rhythm because they are used to being a passing offense more than a running.

not saying that it is the reason just something we had been talking about
    Apparently we have been running it less per game then we did last year so far. I just think the execution hasn't been there yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Apparently we have been running it less per game then we did last year so far. I just think the execution hasn't been there yet.
    Running less, but I saw a stat earlier that said we rushed more on first down against the Lions(Or a higher % of time) than GB has since like '02.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    Running less, but I saw a stat earlier that said we rushed more on first down against the Lions(Or a higher % of time) than GB has since like '02.
    Oh ok, but i still think it has more to do with execution vs running it more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Oh ok, but i still think it has more to do with execution vs running it more.
    I agree.

vCash
    With the addition of Lacy and Franklin, the maturation of Finley and the growth of Cobb, this is probably the most well balanced and overall talented offense GB has had in a very long time. They lack any sort of chemistry right now, to the point that its outright painful to watch. The convenient thing to say is that we should remember that the team in general struggled early in 2010 before the chemistry developed and they became a force to be reckoned with. Hopefully that same thing happens.

To me, the jury is still out on the defense more so than the offense. I look at the offense as just being a chemistry thing, while I can't help but wonder if the defense really has "it" or not.

vCash
    I'm really, really, really happy that the offense isn't clicking right now. One of the most promising trends in the NFL over the past half decade is that teams who do not start off hot are the teams that win the Super Bowl. That's why the Ravens, Texans, Cowboys, Packers, Falcons and Patriots are the biggest threats to win the Super Bowl. Yes, I said Falcons and Cowboys. The Cowboys are the least likely because they don't have any recent playoff success, but the Texans, Ravens, Packers, Falcons and Patriots are the biggest threats to win the Super Bowl. If I had to pick three teams from each conference, it would be:

Patriots, Ravens, Texans
    Saints, Packers, Falcons

Saints just because they're the last team to start out with a good offense and win the Super Bowl. The Falcons are very scary right now, and people will laugh at that, but look at their schedule: Buccs, Cardinals, Panthers, Buccs, Saints, Bills, Packers, Redskins, Niners, Panthers. That's seven games they should win. If they beat one team they're not supposed to, that's nine wins. How many times in the past eight years has a team won 4 straight to win the Super Bowl? Six times. Only the Saints and the Steelers have won the Super Bowl after getting a bye week in the past eight years.

Momentum. Is. Everything.

Same thing goes for the Texans. Six of their remaining games are against teams that they will be heavily favored against.

The Patriots will get healthy, and their offense will start to click.

The Ravens could do it again considering what Flacco does in the playoffs.

And the Packers were 3-3 in their first six games when we won the Super Bowl. It doesn't matter if we lose the next two games, I still wouldn't be worried. The home stretch is against Atlanta, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Chicago. And that's disregarding the previous six games, which are all against easier opponents.

So yes, I think this offense is ready to break out. And I'm hoping that starts right around December.

vCash
    The Falcons aren't doing **** this year. Their defense sucks, Their OL is meh, Jackson will miss most of the season more than likely, Julio is out for the year, White is old and always hurt. They may surprise a lot of people but i really don't see them doing ****. Saints are going to run away with that division. I think 1 wild card team will go to an NFC north team and the other will go to an NFC west team.

vCash
    Not to mention losing White for enteded periods, and Jones for the year.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast