Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Trade for Tony Gonzalez?

One of the local sports talk radio stations tossed out this idea this morning.

The Cowboys call the Falcons and see if they're interested in trading TE Tony Gonzalez for a fourth-round draft pick. The thinking is that the Falcons are really banged up right now and probably not going to be in the playoff hunt. The Cowboys can use Gonzalez in the 12 package because they're unsure about Escobar and Hanna in this scheme.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Not sure why the Cowboys would trade for quite possibly their strongest position. First off, I really don't think the Falcons will trade him. Secondly, the Cowboys have so many other holes that need to be filled. Why would they give up a pick for a guy that's going to give you 10 games this year? It's a big no on my end!

vCash

vCash
    So we will have spent a 6th round pick in 2012 on Hanna, 2nd round pick in 2013 on Escobar, and a 2014 4th round pick on Tony?

I would be all for it if we never drafted Escobar because Gonzalez is money in the red zone. Teams would have to double him and Dez to stop us.

vCash
    Luxury over necessity. Personally i would never trade draft picks that are used for youth for an aging player regardless of how good they are. Just my opinion.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Doesn't make sense to trade for a player who is retiring at the end of the year, and the Falcons came out said no way on trading Gonzalez. TE is one of our strongest positions. Offesne is good, we need to fix the defense ASAP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Luxury over necessity. Personally i would never trade draft picks that are used for youth for an aging player regardless of how good they are. Just my opinion.
    my opinion as well, with the exception if we were that one player away from getting over the hump...we aren't just yet...we have potential, but there isn't one guy that puts us in the title hunt (that would be available)
    Last edited by Fred; 10-10-2013 at 07:11 PM.

vCash
    very true

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    The guy who proposed it seemed to think that getting Gonzalez would make the Cowboys like the Patriots when they had Gronk and Hernandez in their lineup.

vCash
    We have to continue to get younger not older. If we did not have Witten a veteran TE I would be OK with it to teach the young TE's.

vCash
    out coaching staff doesn't know how to use the 12-package in a true passing style of offense...having another catching TE will do nothing....

vCash
    I wouldn't pull the trigger on this trade because most likely he retires at the end of the season, so this means you wasted a draft pick. If it was a 7th round pick i'd be fine with it because they don't make the team most of the time anyway
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash

Trade for Tony Gonzalez?

I'd trade for a DT who can push the "A" gap. We have enough TE's

vCash
    Give Escobar some time. I think he turns out pretty good.

vCash
    Agree with Brad...Escobar has shown some limited ability and I can't fault him for the lack of a good offensive scheme in weeks 1 - 4

hang on to those picks...they (the FO) seem to finally have started drafting well in the last couple of years since the 2009 debacle