Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather face in the LCS?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detroit

3 23.08%
  • Oakland

10 76.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who would you rather face in the LCS?

Detroit or Oakland? For me it'd be Oakland. Detroit's pitching could get hot at the right time and be tough to beat. Interested to get your opinions.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    OAK without even a second thought.

• Less proven starters with very limited post season experience.
    • A similar OBP-oriented offense with less punch than the Sox has a good chance to go mute.
    • Lackey's familiarity with the OAK ballpark means that he could match up at #3 or #4 which is a good thing given his 5.57ERA over his last five starts. Play DET and he's GOT to pitch in Fenway due to the splits... but against a strong offensive club.

vCash
    Let's counter point a bit

Cabrera is way off from being right - he's a singles hitter right now.
    Tigers pen isn't that hot and the best guy - Benoit got his bell rung in the LDS.
    Oakland is playing very loose
    Oakland has lots of guys that played here and are not liable to be rocked by coming back and may want a measure of revenge.
    Oakland means long travel (more for them, but more for us too)

I just don't think it's clear cut. Probably Oakland is better to face, but...
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-10-2013 at 01:23 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Let's counter point a bit

Cabrera is way off from being right - he's a singles hitter right now.
    Tigers pen isn't that hot and the best guy - Benoit got his bell rung in the LDS.
    Oakland is playing very loose
    Oakland has lots of guys that played here and are not liable to be rocked by coming back and may want a measure of revenge.
    Oakland means long travel (more for them, but more for us too)

I just don't think it's clear cut. Probably Oakland is better to face, but...
    At first I wanted to face the A's, the more I think about it Im not sure. Like you said with Miggy hurting and the fact the Sox would have to travel to the west coast Im torn.

vCash
    The Tigers for purely selfish reason because I might be able to get to Detroit for a game. But overall I think Oakland and Detroit are pretty even especially with a hobbled Miguel Cabrera.
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    Cabrera has been slowed down BUT they still have five other guys who posted an OPS+ of 110 or more. Their (regular season) rotation includes four guys who won 60% or more of their starts (oddly Verlander was the one who didn't). Eyeballing it, their SP staff k/bb looks to be about 3.4 which makes it more difficult for the Sox given their approach (hard to work pitchers when they just throw strikes). They do not, however, have a LHP.

OAK had just two guys win 60% of their starts and the ace is Colon at age 40.
    Last edited by RedSoxtober; 10-10-2013 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    I want Detroit.

vCash
    Don't really have a preference tbh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Don't really have a preference tbh.
    This!

You canot say with certainty which team is better/worse. They are facing each other in a game 5 of the ALDS for the 2nd year in a row. Maybe it's a match-up question for the Sox, but I think the regular season record against both of these teams is similar.
    Frankly, it looks like neither team is (much) stronger than the other, so it's a question of sympathy for me...and Oakland wins in this categorie by far. It just means that I will be rooting for them tonight.

vCash
    I want to play Oakland simply due to the fact that the Tiger's top 3 pitchers were just phenomenal this season and I want nothing to do with that.

vCash
    I don't really care who we face to be honest, destiny is in our own hands.

The World Series is only 8 wins away if we play solid Red Sox baseball. We can beat anyone, that's already proven.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    A hot Tigers team beats a hot Red Sox team in my opinion. Verlander's last 4 starts are scary. Jackson, Prince, and Hunter were horrible in the first round, will that continue? Game 4 is a must win vs Fister. Then you have to split the 6 games vs Scherzer, Verlander, and Sanchez.

vCash
    so, the fact that this tiger team will be exhausted will not make any difference

vCash
    I hope they are exhausted and it makes a difference. In case anyone misinterprets what I said, I'm not predicting that the Tigers will beat us. I'm saying if both teams were playing their best baseball the Tigers would win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    I want Detroit.
    You will wish you never said that a week from now.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast