Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pryor interview

vCash

Pryor interview

Hopefully people realize we got a good one. Pryor goes into specific detail about his improvement through hard work, belief in himself and desire. He also gives people that have worked with him a ton of credit.

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/v...b-a5ee62e4d424

The scary part is not only is there much room for improvement (command of the huddle, has not even started calling audibles, coaches still figuring out this best plays), it's that he knows it and embraces it. When you add these qualities to other desirable qualities like feel for the position, great athleticism/escapability, size/strength/agility/breakaway speed, the ability to accurately throw deep (you will see more of this in time as I saw in college throwing to guys like Brian Hartline), age (25), no history of injury and physical and mental toughness, we should be able to address some needs other than QB with our first full draft ahead and by far the most FA money we've had to spend.

vCash
    I've said it since day one. He has the intangibles to succeed. He has the things you do not see on a practice field, that cannot be measured by a statistic.

Best part of this all, when he succeeds, it will be with the team that wanted him and gave him a shot. No diva contract when he entered, he had to bust his ***, and he did. That's the kind of leader you want. The kid earned it and can flat out play.

Goddamn as much as I hated Al for the last ten years he owed himself and the fans redemption with his last pick. I have a weird feeling he is going to knock off some big teams this year.

P.S. How about all those 3 win predictions fellas? LOL

vCash
    I was one of those who didnt think he was ready at the beginning of the season. The work he put in the offseason and some playing time was all he needed. Damn nice to be wrong sometimes. The media here in KC are underestimating this team and Pryor. No clue

vCash
    An idiot DJ here last night said "the Raiders are one dimensional. Stop the run and stop the Raiders. Pryor cant throw. Score 11 points and we'll beat the Raiders"... I wish the Chiefs wud be as ignorant. No idea whats coming and I friggin love it!

vCash
    He's right, we are one dimensional. We can pass and can't run!

vCash
    I was on the Pryor bandwagon when Al picked him. He is our Anti-Jbust!!

Good read, Tim Brown on Pryor.
    http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...akland-raiders

Reggie's Rebuild!!

vCash
    He has ways to go but he will get there. Pryor won't stop until he gets to that level of elite that he wants and I can't ask for more. The first step to self betterment is self recognition. You must be able to see your flaws if you want to remove them. Pryor does just that. I can see him becoming an elite passer and avoiding the game manager role. Next year, this kid should be nothing short of spectacular.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nets/Raiders! View Post
    He has ways to go but he will get there. Pryor won't stop until he gets to that level of elite that he wants and I can't ask for more. The first step to self betterment is self recognition. You must be able to see your flaws if you want to remove them. Pryor does just that. I can see him becoming an elite passer and avoiding the game manager role. Next year, this kid should be nothing short of spectacular.
    I want to see what he does behind a healthy O-line!! Next Draft/FA, Trenches, Trenches, Trenches and then maybe address the TRENCHES!!!

Reggie's Rebuild!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider:27183455
    I was one of those who didnt think he was ready at the beginning of the season. The work he put in the offseason and some playing time was all he needed. Damn nice to be wrong sometimes. The media here in KC are underestimating this team and Pryor. No clue
    Same here, Chibb. I always found the potential tantalizing and felt good about the work ethic, but I never expected the degree of improvement in this amount of time. And, I love having been wrong about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 00raider81 View Post
    I was on the Pryor bandwagon when Al picked him. He is our Anti-Jbust!!

Good read, Tim Brown on Pryor.
    http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...akland-raiders
    Thanks for the link. What's interesting to me is this continued comparison to Tim Tebow and it starts with the incorrection assumption that Tim Tebow's only problem with playing QB at the NFL level is his throwing motion/mechanics. Tim Tebow is NOT out of the league a few years after a team traded up to get him in the first round. Time Tebow is out of league because he does not possess and NFL arm, period. He does not have the arm strength or the muscle memory to make accurate throws in the NFL game. I am still waiting for someone in the media to honest about Tebow. On the other hand, Pryor had his issues with passing based on improper mechanics and a lack of experience in terms of being asked to make certain NFL throws. Pryor always had an NFL arm.

Only think that Time did recognize in the article is that Pryor has always been a good deep ball thrower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    Same here, Chibb. I always found the potential tantalizing and felt good about the work ethic, but I never expected the degree of improvement in this amount of time. And, I love having been wrong about that.
    This is literally the best thing I could have hoped for.

He's 24, he works his heart out and he's a leader. If he can stay healthy and continue to work, he's the future of the franchise.

vCash
    His skill set is improving drastically and I love it, but his leadership has always been there for me. I remember last year when goodson almost got in a fight with a SD defender and Pryor got in goodsons face to stop him. To me that was enough to show me he's a natural leader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillage Idiot View Post
    He's right, we are one dimensional. We can pass and can't run!
    Agree.They really can throw the ball but running the ball hasn't been big.I havent seen big chunks being taken by the run game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillage Idiot View Post
    Hopefully people realize we got a good one. Pryor goes into specific detail about his improvement through hard work, belief in himself and desire. He also gives people that have worked with him a ton of credit.

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/v...b-a5ee62e4d424

The scary part is not only is there much room for improvement (command of the huddle, has not even started calling audibles, coaches still figuring out this best plays), it's that he knows it and embraces it. When you add these qualities to other desirable qualities like feel for the position, great athleticism/escapability, size/strength/agility/breakaway speed, the ability to accurately throw deep (you will see more of this in time as I saw in college throwing to guys like Brian Hartline), age (25), no history of injury and physical and mental toughness, we should be able to address some needs other than QB with our first full draft ahead and by far the most FA money we've had to spend.
    Great info bro. The scary part to me is will we give the kid time to develop ,or will we go after a pure passer in the draft ,or free agency . I feel we have our guy ,and it's starting to look like Allen ,and R.M. are finally starting to believe in the kid ,but you never know.
    Everything is coming up roses right now for Pryor ,but when he has a bad game ,and he will i wonder if the current leadership will use that as an excuse to move on.

Pryor has to be given time to become the best he can be it would be easy to find a better passer this early in Pryor's career. What will not be easy to replace is his intangibles i hope we keep that in mind when Pryor has a few setbacks in his process of becoming a all around qb for our team.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    510, unless Prior shows serious regression over the course of the rest of the season, I agree, we should stay the course with this kid. If he continues to progress, we will have something really dynamic here, moving forward.
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast