Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

when does the 24 Kobe come back returning from hurting injury?

my cousin say he had to get foot surgery because of what happened to him during a game long before, and now he is now cannot play in today's game. what is the set time he will return to play the game? does anyone know

vCash
    The more you post, the more I feel like you're not real.

vCash
    I know my english not at all good. I am so sorry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_One24 View Post
    I know my english not at all good. I am so sorry
    That's more like it.

vCash
    I was actually going to make an official thread for "The Kobe Return" but since this is much funnier than anything I could come up with, I say we just make this the official Kobe thread.

As for a return date, we do not know yet. We do not even have a timetable. Kobe has said recently that he is feeling better everyday but he does not have a date in mind for when he would like to return. Some think he might be only a month away while others think it could be closer to christmas (december 25) or early January.

As for the actual facts, today, ESPN wrote an article about his rehab:

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant says he has been given the "green light" to ramp up his workouts to return to game action for the first time since tearing his Achilles last April but isn't interested in committing to any set return date as he completes the final stage of his rehabilitation.
    "I just keep it all open right now," Bryant said Wednesday before joining the Los Angeles Lakers on their flight to Las Vegas for a preseason game. "I don't know why you guys are so hell-bent on timelines. It's like the most ridiculous thing to me. It's entertaining. When I'm ready, I'm ready."

In order to feel ready, Bryant, who has not played any full-court basketball since his Achilles surgery nearly six months ago, said he needs to do two things: get the explosiveness in his left leg back and then whip his 35-year-old body back into shape.

Bryant is working on the former by running with his full body weight on the team's altered-gravity treadmill and through targeted exercises to strengthen his Achilles.

"I do a lot of calf raises during the day, just trying to get it as strong as possible and constantly pushing the flexibility of it, the mobility," said Bryant.
    As for the latter, Bryant said he needs three weeks of "rigorous conditioning" to get back where he wants to be.

"I need to get my fat *** in shape," Bryant said. "Six months of eating whatever the hell I wanted to eat and not running has caught up to me a little bit. So, I got to get in shape."

The three-week training period all but eliminates the possibility of Bryant playing in the Lakers' final five preseason games. "That's when you get hurt," Bryant gave as his reason for not trying to play in exhibition games before he was fully healed. As for the Lakers' regular season opener Oct. 29 against the Los Angeles Clippers, it's anybody's guess.

"I'll be happy when I'm able to be out there on the floor and do what I do best," Bryant said. "All this right now is just a process to try to get to that point."

What is next for Bryant?

"It's the explosiveness, the explosiveness and the muscle endurance which takes a little time," said Bryant.

And how will he know he is ready to play again?

"Because I feel comfortable," Bryant said. "I'll feel comfortable getting out there and jumping and I won't feel like I have 'Bambi' legs or anything like that where my mobility is limited when taking off. So, I'll know then."

The five-time champion did some light jogging and set shooting on the court last week before heading to Germany for five days to undergo the platelet-rich plasma treatment known as Orthokine on his right knee.
    "No setback," Bryant said of how his body responded to him dipping his toe into the pool of basketball activity. "No soreness. Nothing. It felt good."

Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said Bryant was back at the Lakers practice facility on Wednesday morning going through his rehab before the coach even arrived.

"He's just relentless," D'Antoni said. "Somebody that's accomplished as much as he has to have the desire, that's what makes his great. His work ethic, I don't think anybody can top it. Now, there are other guys who do well also, but it's an unbelievable work ethic."

Said Bryant: "That's how we've approached this injury from the beginning. It is a marathon. I just got to get up and punch the clock every day and just continue to chip away at it."
    This article makes it seem like he will return sooner than later. I'm not so sure.

vCash
    Kobe always debuts a new model from his sneaker design every Christmas, like the Kobe 4, 5, 6, etc....however, this year's shoe, the Kobe 9, is said not to release until "early 2014." Take this how you want to, but I feel like Nike knows he won't be able to debut his shoe on Christmas because he won't be back, so they'll debut it probably in February during the all star game.
    This might have totally nothing to do with it, just a different perspective on things.

vCash
    I think it's going to be a while -- maybe early December, or as late as Christmas. Whatever progress he's already made, his biggest hurdle will be his last one: being able to RECOVER after playing at an NBA level. That's a very difficult thing for any player to do at 35 years of age, but to do so after a major injury is even harder.

I've been thinking they might ease him back into the lineup, keeping him out of b-2-b games, but my gut says Kobe wouldn't tolerate that.

vCash
    If he's not back by January they should consider shelving him for the rest of the year.

vCash
    He'll probably be back before christmas.

vCash
    btw, Kobe looked a little fat (from his standards) last night, it's going to take a few weeks of rigorous training after he's been cleared to get into game shape

vCash
    thank you everyone

vCash
    I've been thinking Christmas day* but it feels as if reporters are making it seem like his return is right around the corner.

*I have absolutely no inside information but doing some basic math and looking at past examples (even though he and his dr's have said he is way ahead of schedule) make it look like mid to late december.

vCash
    He's back by the middle of November if you ask me.

vCash
    Why do people post threads in forums with questions like this when you can just look it up in less time than it takes to create a thread. ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Fox Sports, Lakers.com, etc there are numerous articles all over the web. It wasn't even his foot, it's his achilles tendon.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / 18