Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 6: Packers @ Ravens

The title says it all and we hadn't a thread for the game.

Who will win? Discuss

vCash
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 14m
    #Packers rule ILB Brad Jones (hamstring) OUT for Sunday's game vs. #Ravens. CB Casey Hayward (hamstring) still OUT too.

Lattimore will start in place of Jones

vCash
    ****in Hayward man.

vCash
    Lacy goes for 100+ and 1 TD...

vCash
    I see two possible out comes,

Shootout. Packers get their offense rolling and it going down 42-38.

Complete offensive disaster and it being 17-10. But either way I have a good feeling Packers win. Only concern is our LB's but Lattimore looked servicable in his limited time and Neal/Perry Combo should put prssure on Flacco.

Off subject... Did Burnett look bigger than he did last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeyrocket View Post
    I see two possible out comes,

Shootout. Packers get their offense rolling and it going down 42-38.

Complete offensive disaster and it being 17-10. But either way I have a good feeling Packers win. Only concern is our LB's but Lattimore looked servicable in his limited time and Neal/Perry Combo should put prssure on Flacco.

Off subject... Did Burnett look bigger than he did last year?
    IDK but he looked completely different. I doubt if he is bigger that he gained more than 5 lbs or so. I'm sure he is somewhere between 210-215 lbs. Maybe he just seemed bigger because he didn't have the dreadlocks. I had a hard time adjusting to seeing him on the field without them. Just seemed weird.

vCash
    7. Green Bay Packers: +10.9

Stud: The switch from left to right has done T.J. Lang (+5.8) no harm at all. He’s a more than capable run blocker.

Dud: He’s generally done a decent job with the Packers getting rid of the ball, but when David Bakhtiari (-6.5) does get beat it’s normally in quick fashion.

Summary: The decision to go with youth appears to be paying off, though this certainly owes something to the players being put in favorable positions by a coaching staff keen on limiting the work they do. Improving, but still with a lot to prove.
    Pretty good considering the starting tackles. They'd actually be higher ranked if it wasn't for Bakhtiari. He hasn't been horrible considering he is a 4th rd rookie starting at LT. I have been satisfied overall with his play. The best part is he has been improving. All other 4 Olineman are positively graded so far in this season. Outside of the first game both Lang and Sitton have been dominate(both had horrible games week 1). Barclay had his first 'red( -1.1 or lower)' game last week. EDS is the only offensive lineman on the Packers not to have a 'red' game this year. EDS is also the only Packer to have a 'green(+1.1 or higher)' grade both as a run blocker and in pass pro.

The Ravens are the 32nd ranked team in the NFL. Not good at all. Even without Matthews GB's front 7 should have success in this game.

vCash
    Here I will just post these for people to look at. If any1 wants to see individual player grades I can make a thread to post all the stuff people want to see.

vCash
    And a lot of people on here were hating on Lang pretty hard after last year. Im glad he is proving them wrong, a lot of people on here should be eating crow in regards to him.

Not worried about Bahk as long as he continues to improve. We have faced really good D's 3 out of the 4 games and even Washington has some good edge rushers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    And a lot of people on here were hating on Lang pretty hard after last year. Im glad he is proving them wrong, a lot of people on here should be eating crow in regards to him.

Not worried about Bahk as long as he continues to improve. We have faced really good D's 3 out of the 4 games and even Washington has some good edge rushers.
    Yeah, I went back and watched some games focusing on EDS also. I saw him get overpowered a few times but nothing striking. Not sure what most other fans on here are seeing, but I'm not seeing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    Yeah, I went back and watched some games focusing on EDS also. I saw him get overpowered a few times but nothing striking. Not sure what most other fans on here are seeing, but I'm not seeing it.
    I just think when he messes up its really bad. When he gets over powered its horrendous and so obvious. It also looked like he gets confused when he has to block at the second level. I guess i am a bit hard on him but i just don't think he is the future, could be wrong though. Can't wait to see what Tretter can do next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I just think when he messes up its really bad. When he gets over powered its horrendous and so obvious. It also looked like he gets confused when he has to block at the second level. I guess i am a bit hard on him but i just don't think he is the future, could be wrong though. Can't wait to see what Tretter can do next year.
    According to FO they're the number 1 ranked OL in the NFL on runs up the middle. This has just as much to do with Lang and Sitton as it does EDS but it definitely shows EDS is doing things right.

From what I saw last week he wasn't really being asked to get to the 2nd level. He more or less was freeing up the Guards by doubling up on Suh or Fairley so the guard could get to the 2nd level. If I remember right they pulled EDS on the Cobb run and he made an excellent block.

One more thing a lot of people are overlooking. EDS plays a bigger role in this improved run game than just blocking. EDS calls blocking scheme adjustments/audibles at the LOS before the snap. I read somewhere that he called the adjustment that pulled him on the 67 yard run by Cobb. So not only did he pull and execute the block. He made the call to pull.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 10-09-2013 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    According to FO they're the number 1 ranked OL in the NFL on runs up the middle. This has just as much to do with Lang and Sitton as it does EDS but it definitely shows EDS is doing things right.

From what I saw last week he wasn't really being asked to get to the 2nd level. He more or less was freeing up the Guards by doubling up on Suh or Fairley so the guard could get to the 2nd level. If I remember right they pulled EDS on the Cobb run and he made an excellent block.

One more thing a lot of people are overlooking. EDS plays a bigger role in this improved run game than just blocking. EDS calls blocking scheme adjustments/audibles at the LOS before the snap. I read somewhere that he called the adjustment that pulled him on the 67 yard run by Cobb. So not only did he pull and execute the block. He made the call to pull.
    Yeah I can't knock EDS intelligence-wise though i don't really know.

That FO thing is interesting though.

Now just imagine if we had Sitton, Lang, those RBs, and a competent center?
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Yeah I can't knock EDS intelligence-wise though i don't really know.

That FO thing is interesting though.

Now just imagine if we had Sitton, Lang, those RBs, and a competent center?
    No question there are better Centers than him. He is probably middle of the pack in the NFL among centers. This is his first full year as a starter though so maybe he still has room for improvement IDK. I'm not an expert of Olineman. Matter of fact... none of us are. All I see is when a player gets blown up or clearly misses an assignment.

As long as Rodgers is happy with him I am too. He just needs to keep playing with the consistency he has, snap the ball right, and make the correct adjustments at the line then he will most likely hold onto a job unless Tretter can take it from him.

There has to be some reason for such an improved run blocking OL. Even last year once EDS replaced Saturday it was looking better. The difference between Bakh and Newhouse isn't much as of right now in Bakh's career and at that point Barclay was starting at RT so EDS deserves a bunch of credit IMO.

vCash
    No question there are better Centers than him. He is probably middle of the pack in the NFL among centers. This is his first full year as a starter though so maybe he still has room for improvement IDK. I'm not an expert of Olineman. Matter of fact... none of us are. All I see is when a player gets blown up or clearly misses an assignment.

As long as Rodgers is happy with him I am too. He just needs to keep playing with the consistency he has, snap the ball right, and make the correct adjustments at the line then he will most likely hold onto a job unless Tretter can take it from him.

There has to be some reason for such an improved run blocking OL. Even last year once EDS replaced Saturday it was looking better. The difference between Bakh and Newhouse isn't much as of right now in Bakh's career and at that point Barclay was starting at RT so EDS deserves a bunch of credit IMO.
    I don't think he's top 20...So I definitely don't think he's around 15th.

Centers I'd take over him right now.

1. Unger
    2. Wood
    3. Sullivan
    4. Frederick
    5. Goodwin
    6. Hardwick
    7. Kalil
    8. Rodney Hudson
    9. Mack
    10. Mangold
    11. Myers
    12. Pouncey
    13. Pouncey
    14. Wiz
    15. Wells

That was too easy.

Now here's the next set that I think are better than him but it's not clearly. Those others are clearly better.

1. Koppen
    2. Velasco
    3. Raiola
    4. Molk
    5. Meester
    6. Brewster
    7. de la Puente
    8. Khaled Holmes
    9. Brian Schwenke
    10. Jason Kelce

As prospects I'd also take

1. Saulsberry
    2. Wedige
    3. and Philip Blake

I'm not sure EDS is a top 30 center in this league.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast