Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kevin Towers wants his pitchers to bean more hitters. Fires PC partly due to it

“@molly_knight: Wow. DBacks GM Kevin Towers wants his pitchers to bean more hitters. Fired Charles Nagy partly because they didn't: http://t.co/zQdhGgcEq7”

Wow.

vCash
    i like it. stop getting the hitters less comfotable in the box
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    “@molly_knight: Wow. DBacks GM Kevin Towers wants his pitchers to bean more hitters. Fired Charles Nagy partly because they didn't: http://t.co/zQdhGgcEq7”

Wow.
    Dude comes across as a psychopath
    "Literally, if I would have had a carton of baseballs I would have fired them into the dugout from where I was sitting behind home plate.

if Goldy's getting hit, it's an eye for an eye, somebody's going down or somebody's going to get jackknifed."
    If you don't want the opposing team celebrating in your house, beat them. The Diamondbacks are supposed to be 'gritty'? What a joke. It's gritty to have a tantrum, and throw things, like a child because you get beat? Whatever.

vCash
    this guy is a joke, bean all the guys you want you're only putting more guys on base, try winning some games

vCash
    so the solution for the Dbacks pitching problems is putting more guys on?

vCash
    Why did he trade Ian Kennedy then?

vCash
    Dig the move. Hopefully Corbin puts a fastball between a couple of hitters eyes next year. Man up.

vCash
    If you can't beat 'em, bean 'em

vCash
    This has to be taken out of context.

He has to want more pitching inside, not beaning.

It's counter-productive to bean.

It's good to pitch inside, and good to make the hitter a little skiddish. It's another thing to have free base runners.

EDIT: Apparently this wasn't taken out of context, he wants more 'eye for an eye' retaliation. In that case, Towers you are a ****ing idiot.

vCash
    I’m going out on a limb and say that the DBacks will be involved in at least 1 brawl next year and Towers will be fired by the end of next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Dig the move. Hopefully Corbin puts a fastball between a couple of hitters eyes next year. Man up.
    Agreed. You arent a man unless you try to hurt someone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i like it. stop getting the hitters less comfotable in the box
    Yep. Modern hitters are entirely too comfortable and tons of guys come up wearing a suit of armor anyway.

Anyway, this is interesting, but I'm going to go assume that I as a fan get every dynamic within the day to day of the game and label this idiotic.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 10-09-2013 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    I imagine the MLBPA will have something to say about this next time one of his pitchers throws at somebody's head.

The best part about this is that Arizona players hit 60 batters last year and got hit themselves 43 times, seems like this guy needs to grow up. They ranked 12th in the NL in times hit by a pitch, and ranked 3rd in the NL in how many players they hit.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ARI/2013.shtml

vCash
    Thats an NL Central attitude. Apparently the division spent the entire year beaning each other. All 5 teams in the NL Central were in the top 6 in getting hit and 4 of the top 5 spots in hitting players were in the NL Central (Brewers were out of touch finishing 24th).
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Yep. Modern hitters are entirely too comfortable and tons of guys come up wearing a suit of armor anyway.

Anyway, this is interesting, but I'm going to go assume that I as a fan get every dynamic within the day to day of the game and label this idiotic.
    retaliation is idiotic in any walk of life. You don't have to be a professional baseball player to know it's idiotic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast