Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is Steven stamkos a top 3 player in the league?

Of course he has already proved that he is one of the best scorers in the league, but does that make him a top 3 player? Thoughts my fellow tampa fans

vCash
    I'm not a Tampa Bay fan, but I watched Steven Stamkos for two years in the OHL, and have followed his NHL career.

Steven Stamkos is not a top 3 player nor a top 3 forward at this time. He's getting a lot better. He was raw in many areas which you can expect from an offensive forward playing as an 18 year old. I actually think he and Marty are on the same level-ish. Marty's so much smoother in many of the areas while Stammer has that rare quality. He can score. He can score at will.

vCash
    Marty is definitely skill wise better.. Talent wise yea stamkos is very raw rarely gets assists he's more of a sniper but he was top goal scorer and was top 3 in points one year is all.. I think he has a shot to get there though only time will tell

vCash
    I honestly wish the lightning had a real goalie to go with all the scoring the lightning can put up lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiHeatPhins View Post
    Marty is definitely skill wise better.. Talent wise yea stamkos is very raw rarely gets assists he's more of a sniper but he was top goal scorer and was top 3 in points one year is all.. I think he has a shot to get there though only time will tell
    Stammer will eventually win an Art Ross IMO. Back, Marty has out-scored Stammer like 2 of the past 3 years. What does that say? Marty can also play on the PK, carry the puck, and work in corners. Stammer could not carry the puck up until last season or so. Eventually, teams will figure out how to stop him-ish ISH on the PP. More so getting traffic in the way of his shots. Stammer played the same way that he played in the OHL.