Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If they do name a feature back, who would you give the nod to.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bilal Powell

4 66.67%
  • Chris Ivory

0 0%
  • Mike Goodson

2 33.33%
    vCash

Should the Jets Name a Feature Back?

Saw this on loudmouths and a heard it on a few other radio shows today surprisingly. I would be very against this as I believe this three headed rushing attack can give us a top 10 rushing attack in the whole league. I've been a notorious Goodson/Ivory booster, so even Powell has pleasantly surprised me. What's your thoughts?

vCash
    No need. Each RB brings a different dimension to the offense. In today's game, you don't need a premier three down back. Adrian Peterson is the best running back in the league, but where does that leave his team?

If you look at any successful team around the league, they all have a stable of running backs that help them out in different ways (goal line back, main RB, pass catching rb etc). It's up to Marty to utilize everyone and so far it's working out. If it ain't broke....
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

vCash

Should the Jets Name a Feature Back?

Loudmouths?
    Do people even watch that show?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Already been said, but there is no real need to name a feature back. You look at the Broncos/Saints/Pats and other teams around the league and they use different RB's in different situations. Powell will probably get most of the reps on 1st/2nd downs, Goodson will play a lot on 3rd downs and Ivory will also play in short yardage situations.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    we were supposed to be 0 and 5 at this point whatever we are doing is working and to be honest for the first time since Curtis I am very happy with our ground game, Lets leave it alone!!!!!!

vCash
    What's a feature back? : /

vCash
    No need.. Hot hand.. Powell , ivory or Goodson
    We got this!!!

vCash
    I feel bad that Powell is going to lose touches, cause he has earned them but this should keep them all fresher, healthier, and RB by committee is not a bad way to go.

vCash
    The Jets should give the ball to the hot hand. Go week to week with which player gets the most carries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorecurry View Post
    we were supposed to be 0 and 5 at this point whatever we are doing is working and to be honest for the first time since Curtis I am very happy with our ground game, Lets leave it alone!!!!!!
    First time since CURTIS? Thomas Jones says hello....

vCash
    Blial Powell. He has earned it, Ivory and Goodson suck. Wait they all suck.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Neither are feature backs, but they all bring something good to the table which is why they all need to be utilized.

Goodson is our speediest and best passing option from the back field, Ivory is our power short-yardage guy, and Powell is our balanced running back that does nothing extraordinary, but does everything solid.

For that reason, Powell should be getting the majority of the carries.