Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Offseason Thread

Well the Braves season is over with so what can we do to improve this team? Getting healthy is a start. Is David Price or Howie Kendrick possible if the Braves try and go for an ace and are in fact looking into getting rid of Uggla?

vCash
    +
    Kendrick
    Price, or an equivalent ace in a trade
    Infante

-
    Fredo G.
    Uggla
    McCann
    Carpenter
    Schafer
    Elliot Johnson
    Jordan Walden
    Maholm

Coming back:

Ramiro The Hero Pena
    Venters
    Huddy
    EOF
    Beachy?
    Last edited by Getting UGGLA; 10-08-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    +
    Kendrick
    Price, or an equivalent ace in a trade
    Infante

-
    Fredo G.
    Uggla
    McCann
    Carpenter
    Schafer
    Elliot Johnson
    Jordan Walden
    Why would you trade Carpenter, Schafer or Walden?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Why would you trade Carpenter, Schafer or Walden?
    Dead weight. Walden's herky jerky movement in pitching is just fodder for other announcers and he scares me every time up there. We don't need him. Venters and EOF are coming back. Schafer is an unreliable hitter, plus, we need to trade for a guy like infante. Carpenter ****ing sucks, so why not?

vCash
    Carpenter will be back. The man had two bad appearances the entire year. They just happened to be at the wrong time. We wouldn't have made it where we were without him. Same can be said about Walden before his injury. I agree on Elliot. Hopefully Ramiro Pena can come back as well as Venters and EOF. They are all coming off big surgeries though and nothing is guaranteed with those guys. I do agree with everyone saying we need an ace though. As well as a second baseman. Have to hope someone will take Uggla and we pay around half of his remaining contract. This isn't as bad as the DLowe a couple years ago. Uggla still has some upside: homers and walks. I think we still end up paying about 14-16 million of his contract though. Going to hope BJ can turn it around. Got a lot invested in him too, but need to give him one more half at least to try and find himself. Have a good 4th outfielder though if he doesn't. Who knows what the future holds for any of these guys though. Will have a better idea around winter meetings. Go Braves. I enjoyed watching you guys this year.

vCash

Offseason Thread

**** the offseason. I'm not ready for it

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    A bit early. But for starters, i think Uggla, as great a clubhouse guy he is, has ran out of chances. He has consistently underperformed his whole time here. Not a bad trade by wren , just didn't work out.
    Roster casualties

Maholm
    McCann
    Uggla
    Huddy(Hopefully not)
    Reed Johnson(contact expires)

There are really a few options for a legit upgrade at 2B, Infante(FA), and Howie Kendrick(trade). We could go after Ervin Santana, though last year was his best, so its no telling what he could bring us. We have a log jam with the young pitching, so a trade or two could be in the works.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Been saying we need a true ace for a while (check last season threads), so I agree with that. Most likely, Price will be available. Do the Braves have the spec's to get him, that depends on who you ask.

I'm okay with paying 5 to 6.5 mil per season to move Uggla. Stop making excuses for him, He did not work out.

Extending Jason, Freeman, Craig, Mike and Meds ( in that order) would be right after finding an ace in my book. Wouldn't hurt to open talks with Justin, just not a top priority.

Encourage BJ to work with the hitting coaches all winter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Been saying we need a true ace for a while (check last season threads), so I agree with that. Most likely, Price will be available. Do the Braves have the spec's to get him, that depends on who you ask.

I'm okay with paying 5 to 6.5 mil per season to move Uggla. Stop making excuses for him, He did not work out.

Extending Jason, Freeman, Craig, Mike and Meds ( in that order) would be right after finding an ace in my book. Wouldn't hurt to open talks with Justin, just not a top priority.

Encourage BJ to work with the hitting coaches all winter!
    BJ........Good God! What a sledgehammer to the groin he turned out to be!

vCash
    EOF, JV, and of course Mac are gone, I also am not sure we have room for Huddy unless we trade a young arm.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Dead weight. Walden's herky jerky movement in pitching is just fodder for other announcers and he scares me every time up there. We don't need him. Venters and EOF are coming back. Schafer is an unreliable hitter, plus, we need to trade for a guy like infante. Carpenter ****ing sucks, so why not?
    You are being delusional, Walden is a solid arm, he was excellent before he got injured, in fact our whole bullpen was excellent before he got injured he is an integral part of our bullpen.

EOF is a free agent so is not a sure thing he comes back, bullpen arms are unreliable sometimes they have tons of injuries and bad years so we can't get rid of an arm of the quality of Walden just because you don't like his windup.

Schafer is a very good base stealer, very good defender, can bunt and can even take walks, he's a very good and cheap fourth outfielder which a great thing o have off the bench. Infante is an infielder so I don't understand what Infante has anything to do with Schafer.

Carpenter sucks? Really? Because he had a bad series? No he doesn't suck, hes cheap as hell and was excellent for 56 games in the season you can't cut him because he had awful back to back games. Since when a guy with a 1.78 ERA sucks?
    Last edited by beldugo; 10-08-2013 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    EOF, JV, and of course Mac are gone, I also am not sure we have room for Huddy unless we trade a young arm.
    Why some people keep saying that Venters is gone? He won't be a free agent until 2016

vCash
    I agree, Carpenter doesn't suck. Everyone has bad games and he had little experiene and had a bad series, it happens.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    I like Infante and if we are going after Price (which i doubt) we can't go after Kendrick because we might need the prospects, the best arms we have who could interest the Rays are Wood, Sims and Graham. A trade of Wood, Graham and C. Bethancourt could do the job but I don't think the braves will do it.

vCash
    if you trade all that for price, you absolutely have to win the world series next year. Price will be gone to the highest bidder after next year... could you imagine if the dodgers signed him? everyone else may as well take the next 5 years off.

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast