Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 319
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    1500

    Cleveland in Talks with Niners for Josh Gordon

    Reports are that Cleveland is seeking a second round pick for wide receiver Josh Gordon. Would it be a good trade for the Niners and would it solve their WR issues? I'm not sure what the Browns are doing. They've already traded away Trent Richardson. They've benched Weeden for Hoyer but he got hurt. Now, they're talking about trading away their best receiver. The Niners do own the Chiefs' second round pick. With a healthy Crabtree, this could be a nice receiving unit with Boldin and Gordon as the #3. Gordon can also step in and be this team's #2 right from the get go.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Reports are that Cleveland is seeking a second round pick for wide receiver Josh Gordon. Would it be a good trade for the Niners and would it solve their WR issues? I'm not sure what the Browns are doing. They've already traded away Trent Richardson. They've benched Weeden for Hoyer but he got hurt. Now, they're talking about trading away their best receiver. The Niners do own the Chiefs' second round pick. With a healthy Crabtree, this could be a nice receiving unit with Boldin and Gordon as the #3. Gordon can also step in and be this team's #2 right from the get go.
    Not yet we don't. At 5-0 its pretty safe to say that we will, but collapses do happen. I'm not counting that 2nd rounder till they've got 8 wins.


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,759
    vCash
    1500
    The Chiefs will win 8 games...they are too good of a all around team not to win 3 more games on the season in my view...that said I would try to do the deal for a 3rd rounder....Gordon has some off the field issues that can be very risky for us..and we already have Aldon with his drinking problems.
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FNM BOY View Post
    The Chiefs will win 8 games...they are too good of a all around team not to win 3 more games on the season in my view...that said I would try to do the deal for a 3rd rounder....Gordon has some off the field issues that can be very risky for us..and we already have Aldon with his drinking problems.
    I think if it gets closer to the trade deadline it may happen for a 3rd and some change, Mike Lombardi basically called Gordon a waste of a draft pick back in 2012 before he took over the team, so he may want to dump him for the best he can get.


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,100
    vCash
    1500
    It'd be almost foolish not to take the chance
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,633
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FNM BOY View Post
    The Chiefs will win 8 games...they are too good of a all around team not to win 3 more games on the season in my view...that said I would try to do the deal for a 3rd rounder....Gordon has some off the field issues that can be very risky for us..and we already have Aldon with his drinking problems.
    Yea, the next 3 games for the Chiefs are the Raiders, Texans, and Browns all at home. I'd be very surprised for them not to win at least 2 of those.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    It'd be almost foolish not to take the chance
    Crabtree, Gordon and Patton for at least one season would be fantastic, I honest hope Cleveland doesn't play hardball, but also the way Gordon is playing makes it difficult to not have to give up a 2nd.


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,759
    vCash
    1500
    HONESTLY.. like Juicer said above I think its worth taking the chance.....Gordon is a proven commodity..and we dont seem to have good fortune when it comes to drafting receivers....other than Crabtree more recently...especially in the event we will have 2...second rounders more than likely....
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stonington CT
    Posts
    2,385
    vCash
    1500
    This deal is going to happen

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,100
    vCash
    1500
    Crabtree and Gordon are the perfect compliments.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,759
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    This deal is going to happen
    Hope you are Harbaugh's nephew or relative or something....lol
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,349
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091:27172978
    This deal is going to happen
    Actually...Julio Jones is out for the yr in Atl. Wouldn't be surprised if they're willing to send the 2d Cleveland wants.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    17,583
    vCash
    1500
    I doubt it. Their season is pretty much over at this point.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    I doubt it. Their season is pretty much over at this point.
    Yep. No way they are catching the Saints and the wild card spots should be tough to come by in the NFC.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    19,708
    vCash
    1500
    I think the Niners have to pull the trigger on this.



    THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5



Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •