Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6th Man

vCash

6th Man

How do you think the Bulls would look with Boozer as the 6th man off the bench and Taj starting?

Personally, I think it would pay huge dividends for our team. For starters, we would have Taj defending against our opponents 1st string PFs. That in turn puts Boozer's offense up against our opponents 2nd stringers.

Another big reason I would like the move, is because we would have Hinrich dishing to Boozer, which seems to be what works best for Boozer.

On the flip side I can see a defensive issue with our 2nd unit. But the thought of this lineup starting vs. the Heat is pretty darn tempting:

Rose vs Chalmers
    Butler vs Wade
    Deng vs Lebron
    Taj vs Haslem
    Noah vs Bosh

While it might not be the best idea vs some teams, I think it would be a solid plan vs the Heat. We would be able to stifle their starting lineup, and then bring in a potent offensive threat off the bench with Boozer. Add Hinrich's leadership and D, and Dunleavy's stretch game, and I think it would at the very least be intriguing to try. Not to mention we would have a very nice veteran bench to compliment some of our young guys off the bench.

vCash
    Don't need Taj to stifle Haslem. Taj still hasn't shown that he deserves to start. Besides I don't want to pay someone 14 mil to be a 6th man, who are we the Knicks?

vCash
    Kirk can easily play with Booz. No need to start Taj just to push Booz to the bench.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=209452&type=sigpic&dateline=1385118807

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Don't need Taj to stifle Haslem. Taj still hasn't shown that he deserves to start. Besides I don't want to pay someone 14 mil to be a 6th man, who are we the Knicks?
    It wouldn't be so much about stifling Haslem, but more so having our better help defender out there for Lebron Driving to the lane.

vCash
    I just think it would be easier for Boozer to get in rhythm if he came in as the man on Offense, rather than starting him with Rose, Buter, Deng, Noah. I just feel like we have so much offense in our starting lineup already, and we could use a true scorer on the bench. I dunno, it just seems like the match-ups are better, and it seems to make sense minus the money part, which if I was a coach, I wouldn't even pay any attention too.

vCash
    Boozer will stay with the bench in most rotation, since Taj is being played as PF/C

D.Rose, Jimmy, Deng, Boozer, Noah
    D.Rose/Hinrich, Hinrich/Jimmy, MDJ, Boozer, Taj

It's all about balance and rotation, no fix sets of five.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=209452&type=sigpic&dateline=1385118807

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    It wouldn't be so much about stifling Haslem, but more so having our better help defender out there for Lebron Driving to the lane.
    Did we lose Noah? Boozer plays better with Jo than with Nazr. I think you're overreacting on the preseason play just like the other guy in the Taj thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Did we lose Noah? Boozer plays better with Jo than with Nazr. I think you're overreacting on the preseason play just like the other guy in the Taj thread.
    It has nothing to do with his play. I've been thinking this for a while.

I also realize there are no set rotations and that we will get the right lineups throughout the game. I just think we start slow pretty often, and I'd like to see how we start with Tah starting.

We never set the tone early with our D. Why not set the tone with stifling D, and than extend on the other teams unit with solid O

vCash
    We always set the tone with defense. You think we start slow? What would happen to Taj when he starts playing against better defenders? It's not Boozer's fault that ball doesn't go to him. Sure he can get better position and demand the ball but that doesn't happen because the ball handler usually calls a screen play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    It has nothing to do with his play. I've been thinking this for a while.

I also realize there are no set rotations and that we will get the right lineups throughout the game. I just think we start slow pretty often, and I'd like to see how we start with Tah starting.

We never set the tone early with our D. Why not set the tone with stifling D, and than extend on the other teams unit with solid O
    What are you talking about? We do set the tone with our D. When was the last time you saw us come out and score 30 points in the 1st and or have a huge lead in the first?

Taj is a bench player and should stay that way. Especially when Noah doesn't dominate the offensive end.

vCash
    It has been so long since we've seen Boozer and Rose work together that people are starting to forget how much Boozer opens the floor for Rose in pick & roll situations.

Someone in the other thread said "Booz will dominate bench players, he normally struggles with top tier big men when he starts." So, if a highly more talented offensive individual that has had extreme success over the course of his career in terms of being efficient with a high usage rate all of a sudden sucks against top tier big men... then what in the world will Taj Gibson be able to produce against those very same big men?

It's been so long... i get it. But Taj is simply not better than Boozer, and most importantly Taj would not make things easier on the other starters offensively like Boozer does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    It has been so long since we've seen Boozer and Rose work together that people are starting to forget how much Boozer opens the floor for Rose in pick & roll situations.

Someone in the other thread said "Booz will dominate bench players, he normally struggles with top tier big men when he starts." So, if a highly more talented offensive individual that has had extreme success over the course of his career in terms of being efficient with a high usage rate all of a sudden sucks against top tier big men... then what in the world will Taj Gibson be able to produce against those very same big men?

It's been so long... i get it. But Taj is simply not better than Boozer, and most importantly Taj would not make things easier on the other starters offensively like Boozer does.
    I think we are done here! I concur.

vCash
    No. Can you imagine Boozer and Nazr defensively?

On Rose vs. Westbrook:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Westbrook only because I think Rose is a bit selfish and that hurts his likelihood of winning a title, all flash and no cash for Rose

vCash
    Don't we already have a thread equally as stupid as this once about an equally as stupid idea as Nazr and Boozer running the bench neither of them getting into the low post nor being athletic enough to shut down the block? Now that I think about it this is an amazing idea Thibs is soo stupid for not thinking about this.

When are some people going to realize that it isn't as simple as Taj good defender, Taj good dunker better fit! Stop thinking basketball is this easy. Thibs is looking at the many variables in basketball and if you open your eyes you will realize why it's much better the way it is right now.
    Last edited by Rndy; 10-08-2013 at 07:53 PM.

vCash
    MDJ-Boozer-Nazr all athletic team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast